Ric Flair And The Hulkamania Tour

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
On the WZ home page, I came across an article on how Flair is returning to the ring on Hogan's upcoming tour in November. This is funny because Eric Bischoff is the co-promoter of the tour. I thought Flair hated Bischoff ? Please correct me if wrong on this. Anyway, it looks like Flair is coming out of retirement to be on Hogan's tour. I think Flair should be making his return in the WWE. I was expecting a revenge storyline where he comes back to get Orton for punting him. Flair looks great for sixty, and it was obvious at this year's Mania he still had the itch to get back in the ring. Who ever he gets in the ring with, I think it will be a good match. Do you think Flair should be making his comeback on Hogan's tour? Will he still have "it" when he steps back in the ring?​

It'd be sweet to see and possibly meet Hogan and Flair at the same time but honestly I don't think I really want to watch either of them wrestle again... Ever unless it's either Hogan/Stone Cold at WM or Hogan/Cena at WM. Other than those two match's Hogan shouldn't be wrestling and neither should Flair. They aren't what they used to be and just don't look like they could put on a decent match, especially Hogan.

Eric Bischoff actually said Flair has yet to sign for the tour. He did say it would be wonder to have Flair there, so I guess Biscoff doesn't care what happened in the past.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/official-ric-flair-signs-on-for-hulkamania-tour-85637

I'm a total mark for Flair, but I hate this idea. I'm fine with Flair participating in any facet of a professional wrestling show with the exception of being an in-ring performer. Wrestlers just don't get send-offs like the one he got; an incredibly high profile 5 star match and the next night's farewell party. To me it was a great cap to an in-ring career and making a return just sullies that. However, I can respect that Flair needs money. That is why I think Flair is willing to do business with something Bischoff is involved in; because it's just business. These matches will probably draw well, resulting in a good payday and it will be a short term affair. As far as Flair's bottom line it makes perfect sense regardless of his feelings about Eric. I just wish he would stay out of the ring. I mean, imagine if he got injured during the tour and was forced to retire and his last match doesn't turn out to be the classic WrestleMania encounter, but rather some run of the mill match with Hulk Hogan (who I have all the respect in the world for) on a "Hulkmanaia Down Under" tour.

I'm just not thrilled about it.

Well...ahhh...that confirmation was posted a day after what Biscoff said :p

I thought that Flair's WrestleMaina retirement was awesome, and I hope he doesn't kill it by getting back in the ring. I would rather have him in a speaking role, such as being a manager or an announcer.

Okay Eric!! If you want to start something that has to do with Pro Wrestling, who would be better to start with than the Icons of the sport?? The Icon of the WWF / WWE and the Icon of the NWA / WCW, that’s who. Not only are they going to be on the same show, they are going to face each other in the Main Events. That’s incredible. I like the “undercard” they have here as well. I’m seriously hoping Easy – E gets to sign some other names like Savage and Warrior. Hopefully they can all put it behind them, whatever “it” maybe. If this is successful, maybe they can start up a Promotion.

I think the next move should be to work with ROH. Big names like Hogan and Flair together with the untapped talent in ROH could give the Knicks and Magic a run for their money. Okay, I’m thinking way to far ahead.

Will Sting be available in time for this tour?? Hmmmm…

Let's cut to the chase here. Both Hogan & Flair are doing this for selfish reasons.

Flair knows his career would be cemented even further if he had his last match against Hogan & not HBK. He also knows that his name would live even further if he fought Hogan's last match. Whoever fights Hogan's last match would be immortalized forever in wrestling.

Hogan on the other hand would probly prefer to fight his last match against Flair becuz he refuses to acknowledge anybody else could ever rival his Legacy, & the only reason he will acknowledge Flair's is becuz it's what the wrestler's have been rubbing in his face for years.

Flair's basically shitting all over that send off that he recieved. The WWE went out of their way for that old, shitty, saggy man. If Vince knew Flair was gonna wrestle again at Hogan's beckoning he would have NEVER given him that send off.

I wonder who's gonna shit their diaper first in their match tho .... :lmao:

Im Just happy To See :hogan: And To See :flair: At the Same Time Would be Awesome

But Its Is Dissapointing About The Send Off That Flair Got And His Gunna Return...
I Dont Think Triple H Isnt Going To be Happy Becuase I Read Awhile Ago He Was Hoping
That Flair Would be The Person To Stick To Retiring

I am excited as all hell about this Hulkamania tour. I know alot of people would have prefered to see Flair return to WWE, but considering I live in Sydney and will get the chance to see this match live in person......fuck the WWE! Not too mention that Mr. Kennedy, Gangrel, Umaga, The Nasty Boys (Sags looks amazing compared to Knobs), Jimmy Hart and Rikishi (OK, Rikishi kind of sucks) will all be wrestling on the undercard which should be really good.

Also, on the Ad that is screening on T.V here they've spelt Ric Flair's name as Rick Flair. Does the WWE own a copyright to the name Ric Flair?

I heard a Rumor that Flair was going to face Blue Demon Jr. for the NWA World title in October. Could it be that he will win the NWA World title and then drop it to HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN for the tour? Flair did sign on for three years with Bischoff and HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN so we know this will be going on longer than the tour of Australia. Maybe HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN will be touring the world (as he has often said he wanted to do). We would then have the most famous wrestler of all time defemding the NWA World title around the world (as it used to be famous for) and restoring some credibility for the oldest title in wrestling.

I think this would be a great thing for both parties. It would give the NWA World title much needed exposure, and it would make HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN'S tour a major history making event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back