Rhino and Tommy Dreamer Both Confirmed for TNANYC

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
This week on IMPACT, Tommy Dreamer went toe to toe with TNA President Dixie Carter and unleashed a speech that is one of the most talked about wrestling moments of recent memory - even leading 'Tommy Dreamer' to trend worldwide on Twitter.

IMPACTWrestling.com can now exclusively report that Dreamer is headed to New York City and plans to appear at the Grand Ballroom inside the Manhattan Center when IMPACT invades NYC (June 25, 26, 27). Not only is Dreamer expected to be there, but his legendary hardcore cohort, RHINO, will appear as well!

This confirmed via IMPACTWrestling.com:

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news...Rhino-to-appear-at-This-Week-s-IMPACT-Tapings

--

The more involved Dreamer and Bully Ray get, as well as Rhino, it sure looks more and more like EV 3.0 is happening. I haven't read any of the spoilers, and have no intention to, but I don't see why else this path would be taken.

This confirmed via IMPACTWrestling.com:

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news...Rhino-to-appear-at-This-Week-s-IMPACT-Tapings

--

The more involved Dreamer and Bully Ray get, as well as Rhino, it sure looks more and more like EV 3.0 is happening. I haven't read any of the spoilers, and have no intention to, but I don't see why else this path would be taken.

I don't think that's the only possibility here, do you?

Maybe these guys just spike the ratings, so TNA books em.

EV 3.0 would be horrendous, just as EV 2.0 is. I can't STAND when the WWE and TNA made all of these ECW guys best buds. They were all mortal enemies for so long...

But, I'm a former ECW mark, so It's always good to see Tommy and Rhino once in a while.

I enjoy seeing Tommy Dreamer. However I really don't want to see EV 3.0. But if there going to it, they need to get Sabu, and Sandman involved. Sabu is still pretty sold and I know Sandman has issues but if he can stay sober enough to work I've always been a Sandman fan. Since Mick Foley is currently not under contract with WWE TNA should try to get him involved, wonder if there's any chance of that?

I don't really understand what's happening here. TNA has had an ECW fetish for a long time but it appeared like they'd finally kicked it until this whole House of Hardcore thing, which in and of itself doesn't make any sense. TNA's oldest problem continues to rear its head - they can't decide if they're competition for WWE or the biggest indy. The former would never share talent with the indies and, even if they did, would never acknowledge Dreamer's Twitter rant. The latter wouldn't have pulled their talent from House of Hardcore in the first place and we wouldn't be in this situation. It's just baffling why they're giving airtime to Dreamer and company. Is Tommy Dreamer, in 2014, really going to get you ratings? Because I have serious doubts about that.

All in all the entire direction of this NYC thing is starting to feel a little off. They're not advertising anything big with their truly homegrown talent or those that are close to it. The main event is Lashley vs. Hardy - and I'll admit, at this point, Hardy is as much TNA as he is WWE - but they've abandoned Willow to go for the name value instead of pushing forward with their own thing.

Now, the return of Rhino, I would say, is honestly a different matter. Rhino has a long history in TNA and despite him being forever an ECW guy, his return to TNA is actually kind of an exciting thing, but paired with Dreamer it's just another installment of ECW fetishism which in 2014 is bordering on the unacceptable.

I think this has more to do with TNA wanting to advertise some talents the east coast love. Everyone thinks NYC could be a tough crowd but with proper booking the crowd will remain satisfied throughout. And thats just the first show, they have already advertised Low Ki and Homicide for the second, everyone knows Destination X represents TNA Nostalgia.

I think this has more to do with TNA wanting to advertise some talents the east coast love. Everyone thinks NYC could be a tough crowd but with proper booking the crowd will remain satisfied throughout. And thats just the first show, they have already advertised Low Ki and Homicide for the second, everyone knows Destination X represents TNA Nostalgia.

Exactly what was said above. Not only do they need to get people tuned in, but they need to sell seats. If they do the Manhattan Center and sell it out, it could be a good thing for TNA, not to mention that it would look really good on TV. As for the above posters complaint about them abandoning Willow, I also doubt that. Possibly for the New York Tapings, Yes. Mainly because most nostalgic fans aren't going to want to see Matt Hardy tagging with Willow, they want to see the Hardy Boys. Also, as an oldschool ECW mark, I can honestly say I like them using old ECW talent. There isn't an issue with it as long as they actually book it well. If they don't, then yes, it will suck. Good booking is what makes it all work, because without it, no matter who the talent is, it's going to be a train wreck.

AND, I can't be the only person happy to see Rhino back in TNA. I hated the fact that they let him go in the first place. Rhino had really made himself a TNA guy there and it's just sad the way it all went down when he left. I'm not so sure how many years the Man beast has left, but it will be good to see him wrestling in TNA again, even if only for a couple weeks anyway.

AND, I can't be the only person happy to see Rhino back in TNA. I hated the fact that they let him go in the first place. Rhino had really made himself a TNA guy there and it's just sad the way it all went down when he left. I'm not so sure how many years the Man beast has left, but it will be good to see him wrestling in TNA again, even if only for a couple weeks anyway.

Nope, you are not the only one. I have never understood why they do not use him more often, unless it is of his own choosing of course. We are spoiled here in MI to have him working very regularly at the local indies. It kinda makes the other indy talent look bad when he is in the ring because of how much better he is He can still go better than most and definitely has a lot left in the tank.

I'm pleased to see Rhino on the card. It has surprised me for a long time that neither WWE or TNA have him on the roster. I know he was in ROH for a while, but he'd be a great addition to anyone's roster. Rhino is still in immense shape, isn't that old and can go in the ring just as good as he always could. I hope this leads to a full-time return to TNA for him.

As for Dreamer, I have no problem with him being there. I've always enjoyed his work, but I just hope we dont get another Extreme faction feuding with TNA, everyone could see EV2.0 didn't work so I hope TNA have learned their lesson...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back