Rey Mysterio: One of the Great Tag Wrestlers

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
It's Saturday night, I'm sitting in my living room. It's snowing outside, I'm entirely sober, and I'm considering emulating John Cena by performing the five knuckle shuffle. Should probably finish this tin of Pringles first.

I've been watching Rey Mysterio: Life of a Masked Man. It doesn't come D-Man approved, so you should probably go out and buy it. I'm getting towards the end of the first disc, and this is where the WWE stuff kicks in. There's been a trio of great tag matches:

1. Edge & Rey Mysterio vs. Los Guerreros - SmackDown 24th October, 2002
  2. Billy Kidman & Rey Mysterio vs. World's Greatest Tag Team - Vengeance 27th July, 2003
  3. Rey Mysterio & Rob Van Dam vs. Booker T & Eddie Guerrero - SmackDown 30th December, 2004

My mind wandered - as if often does - to pointless trivia. It got me thinking, has anyone won as many major tag team titles with different partners as Rey Mysterio? In the WWE alone, there's Edge, Rob Van Dam, Eddie Guerrero, and Batista. Add in WCW, you have Billy Kidman, Juventud Guerrera, and Konnan. Oh, and he won a WWA tag title with the original Rey Misterio according to Wikipedia.

WWE1330-other.jpg

Honestly, it's not interesting at all.

What the--?

Everyone would do well not to listen to a word this man has to say about Rey Mysterio.

Amen.

There's the Benoit/Angle versus Edge/Mysterio match as well, which is arguably the pinnacle of the SmackDown Six era and maybe the best tag team match the WWE's ever done.

There's the Benoit/Angle versus Edge/Mysterio match as well, which is arguably the pinnacle of the SmackDown Six era and maybe the best tag team match the WWE's ever done.

I was wondering why this wasn't on either of his DVDs. Then I remembered.

They blur out a shirt Eddie's wearing in this DVD. It's red with a diamond in the middle, and they've blurred what's in the middle of the diamond. I'm not sure if it's a Benoit shirt or a WWF shirt or what. I found another video but the resolution is so bad you can't tell what it is. I'll not be sleeping tonight.

Rey's return at SummerSlam 2007 - my goodness he's gotten fat! That he's covered in silver body paint isn't helping matters.

I think Kane's got him beat. He won titles with X-Pac, Big Show, Taker, Hurricane, Al Snow, Rob Van Dam, Mankind and that's not counting the times he teamed regularly with Mike Knox, Jerry Lawler, Fake Ramon, The Boogeyman and CM Punk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back