Reviewing the 2012-13 WWE Season

How good was the 2012-13 season?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Adam Rush

Can you feel...the electricity?
I posted last year my predictions for the 2012-13 season and sadly, most failed. But let's take a look at what I predicted and what instead happened.

1) The Cruiserweight Division returns:
This needs to happen. With the talent the WWE has, let's take a look at the possibilities:
Sin Cara, Hunico, Rey Mysterio, Evan Bourne, Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, Justin Gabriel, Tyson Kidd.
That's enough to make a legitimate Cruiserweight Division. With Renato Ruiz (Averno) signed, you have to see that this can easily be done. Even without Bryan or Ziggler, this is still a solid division. You almost have to give the title to a Bryan or Ziggler though, because the WWE kinda messed up the prestige when they fed Noble and Chavo to Hornswoggle. Still, this is a really good idea that NEEDS to happen.

What Actually Happened: The WWE Network never took off and so the division was never started. Instead, legitimancy was arguably brought back to the Tag Team division as well as the Intercontinental division.

2) The return of a REAL tag team division:
This can happen. Let's look at the current tag teams:
Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger- Okay, so this might not be a team much longer (see later post)
Epico and Primo- A very good, young tag team. Primo's still lucky to be around. Thought he would be on Superstars forever...and this team is really good. The WWE needs to keep this team happy.
R-Truth and Kofi Kingston- I have a feeling that once Morrison comes back, something's gonna happen with this makeshift team.
Camacho and Hunico- Come on. Let's face it, this will be a team eventually. I think it will be a solid team.
Santino and Brodus Clay- Well, this team looks like a force to be reckoned with. The face team could be tag champs soon.
Usos- This team is the second best on the roster in my opinion. They work together so well, and the crowd loves them.
Darren and Titus- This team looks good already. Titus looks to carry this team by himself.
Point is, solid teams are everywhere right now. And I can't wait to see Cesaro and Ohno. Point is, the tag team division will get better in 2012-13, mark my words.

What Actually Happened: Well, the Tag Team division is better. We have Hell No, Ziggler and Big E, Epico and Primo, the Prime Time Players, The Usos (for now), Rhodes Scholars, Sweet T and Brodus Clay, 3MB, and The Shield!

3) Brock and Rock...WWE Champs?
Well, let's start with Rocky...he said that he will be WWE champion again. Now whether that was legitimate, I'm not sure. But it could happen, and I think it will. As for Mr. ILikeToBeatPeopleUp, well Lesnar is WRECKING Cena at the moment. That's a main event push. I could see him between June and October winning the belt. Don't be surprised to see a Lesnar vs Rock bout at Wrestlemania 29 for the biggest prize in the WWE. If that happens, we'll get SuperCena vs Undertaker. That could be fun.

What Actually Happened: I was half right. Lesnar did not become a champ. Also, GOOD GOD I WAS ADVOCATING CENA/TAKER! What the hell was I on? But Rock did become WWE Champion, and blew at it.

4) Lord Tensai
Well, this man is AKA A-Train/Albert. He isn't getting over...yet. But watch out for him. He WILL gain big heat. And I'm willing to bet it will involve CM Punk.

What Actually Happened: Tensai became Sweet T and a "face". I really got this wrong. Next.

5) The return of Jeff Hardy
This is another thing that has to happen. The WWE needs this guy big-time. He's been rumored to return. And I think he will, but it'll be his last shot to stay clean. Now does he come back as a face or a heel? That's yet to be seen, but he can do anything. He can be on either brand. He's a top-25 type guy in wrestling. He will either be Intercontinental/United States Champion or be in the World title picture.

What Actually Happened: Well, Jeff stayed at Impact Wrestling and he's getting a push, so...no complaints, I suppose.

6) Dolph Ziggler to Smackdown (just as Randy Orton goes to RAW)
This is another thing that needs to happen. Randy Orton desperately needs a change of scenery. Now I could see where this could sound terrible, but Orton is a top-10 guy in WWE. He needs to move to RAW because...well you'll see later.
As for Ziggler: This guy is top-10 in the WWE as well. Go on, disagree. Disagree with his improving mic skills. Disagree with the fact that Ziggler sells the best in WWE today! Disagree with the fact that he has the overall look to be a star. Disagree. I dare you.
He needs to be drafted to the blue brand. He's (for some effing reason) being buried on RAW, and he doesn't need to be. He deserves better. So send him to Smackdown. He will instantly rise to the top. I predict that he will turn face as well. That would enable Bryan/Ziggler to happen, as well as Christian/Ziggler, among other things. Turning face would be great for Dolph. And my final prediction...it takes big balls to make one like this. I'm calling it now. Dolph Ziggler, face, on Smackdown will be World Heavyweight Champion by the end of the 2012-13 season. What I see happening is Bryan regains his title, then Ziggler is sent to Smackdown. He attacks Bryan. Then Bryan vs Ziggler happens at, say, Survivor Series. Epic. Ziggler wins the match and becomes World Champ, eventually leading into a rematch at TLC, which Bryan loses. Then Bryan wins the Royal Rumble, leading into a Ziggler/Bryan matchup at Wrestlemania 29. Bryan/Ziggler will happen. Just wait.

What Actually Happened: Well firstly, brands are DEAD. So this is a big fail. However, Ziggler is the Smackdown Money in the Bank holder. So it's not like I was horribly wrong. Orton was a fail too. My whole storyline was a fail :(

7) John Cena and Cody Rhodes.
This isn't what you think, it's what everyone suspects. Rhodes needs RAW, and RAW needs Rhodes. Rhodes needs to be in the WWE title picture, and he will be on RAW. He's young, he's good on the mic, and he's a great wrestler. And the big one...Cena will go to Smackdown. It's the greatest move from a business standpoint the WWE can make. Cena...on every show. The WWE Universe will hate this (well, at least half anyway), but let's face it, Cena will drive up ratings like gas prices!

What Actually Happened: Brands are dead. And I advocated for this?

Well guys, that's my official review of the season. It was a solid season, but I look for 2013-14 to be HUGE. I'll post my predictions later today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back