• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Return to the Costa del Sol

Whap Me Jungles

singularly terrible
I'm back in Spain. But this time, I will have semi-regular Internet access so I can post daily observations.

First off: water is really cheap here. I mean, ridiculously so. Especially if you buy in bulk; I got a 5 litre container full of mineral water for 1 euro. I get the reasons for it (convenience and production cost) but it's almost like they're giving it away.

And everything seems to be built on a slope of some description. I'm not really a fan of walking uphill, so that poses a problem.

Forest fires seem to be pretty common. I got to watch one in progress from out of the window of the plane. There had been one nearby a few days before, and I wasn't sure if it was the same one.

The south coast seems to be handling the Spanish financial meltdown better than most of the country, mostly due to the tourist factor. I like to think that I'm helping out somehow by being here.

The south coast seems to be handling the Spanish financial meltdown better than most of the country, mostly due to the tourist factor. I like to think that I'm helping out somehow by being here.

That and the Spanish are probably used to dealing with virtual bankruptcy.

Like most other Mediterranean countries, it happens once a generation.

And everything seems to be built on a slope of some description. I'm not really a fan of walking uphill, so that poses a problem.

I live in a hilly place so I can identify with your plight, Whappers. Once you know the area well enough you'll be able to plan walking "around" the obnoxious slopes if you like.

What's the temperature like on a day-to-day basis? I hate anything above 25C.

Wow. Is it also pretty humid? I guess if it's dryer heat it's easier sometimes, but high humidity makes me feel like I got a permanent sweat bubble around me.

Have you bought new weapons and materia yet?

250px-FFVII_Costa_del_Sol.jpg

I spent one night in Spain. It was very lovely. The beach I saw had the cleanest water I have seen at a beach. It didn't start getting dark until about 10:30 at night, when I was there. I wish I could have spent more than a day there. What brings you out to Spain?

I spent one night in Spain. It was very lovely. The beach I saw had the cleanest water I have seen at a beach. It didn't start getting dark until about 10:30 at night, when I was there. I wish I could have spent more than a day there. What brings you out to Spain?

Not much. Just somewhere I can go to get a break for a week. And yeah, the water is pretty clean, and it looks very blue. How much of that is due to the clear sky I can't tell.

Apparently Andalusia, the southern region of Spain, is the most mountainous in the country, and I don't find that hard at all to believe. Went on a cable car up one of them, and I could see peaks for miles (where there wasn't sea of course).

Whenever I try to order things here, the people insist on speaking English, even though I try to communicate in my pretty good Spanish. Maybe they see my pasty skin and range of T-shirts and try to make it easier for me? It leads to an odd situation where we're speaking each other's languages.

And yes, I was waiting to see the first FF7 joke. I was really hoping Dagger would get it.

You can afford to go to Spain for a week???

I am MOIST with jealousy.

I can go see the mostly barren wasteland called Namibia or Bob Mugabe's take on Zimbabwe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back