• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Retro Gaming Purchases

The Legendary 23

Naughty by Nature
Today me and a couple of friends went to a local flea market and looked around the place. Aside from getting a 2 dollar airsoft glock, I also got a couple of N64 games. I got Ocarina of Time for $10, and Goldeneye for $5. Yes or no, is this awesome?

Either way, I'm pumped to play two critically acclaimed games for a mere 15 dollars. So this got me wondering, have you made any great retro gaming purchases? Whether they were rare or ridiculously underpriced, have you ever prided yourself on such a purchase? As a tip, if you have a "PlayNTrade" in your area, and you want to buy some retro games, GO TO IT. The one in my area, at least, sells the majority of N64 games at 99 cents, and more valuable ones at bargain prices.

The thing with N64 games is they are dirt cheap to get. I bought an N64 off ebay with OoT, Goldeneye, Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64 as well as five other games and four pads for £25, all boxed and in mint condition.

You'll find that with N64 games, they're pretty cheap to buy, so what you paid for them is about average.

I still go back and play some of my old PC favorites from time to time. Recently finished playing through System Shock 2 again... probably about the 10th time. That is, far and away, my favorite game of all time. It's nothing short of a masterpiece in ever sense.

I'm currently playing through Red Faction again, which I got working after I posted that warning about it in this forum a day or two again. It took some major studying up, tweaking, and even the use of some cracks of dubious legality to get it working though, so I stand by my recommendation against it. Enjoying it despite all that, though.

I also still dig out my old SNES from time to time and play around with Super Mario World (best mario ever) and Final Fantasy 2 (best FF ever) too.

I recently brought a mint codition GameCube for £40, Not really retro, But an under rated console. I also got 5 games, Which included a special edition WindWaker, For another £40 pounds.

When you said "Rare item" my Resident Evil 4 chainsaw controller sprang to mind, I brought that for £10 just thinking it would cool to have sitting on a shelf. Then a few weeks ago a friend called me to say he had been on a Gaming aution site, Specifically for rare gaming acessories, And a chainsaw controller had just sold for £400. I think i'll keep it a few years, As it's still in it's original box. :D

When you said "Rare item" my Resident Evil 4 chainsaw controller sprang to mind, I brought that for £10 just thinking it would cool to have sitting on a shelf. Then a few weeks ago a friend called me to say he had been on a Gaming aution site, Specifically for rare gaming acessories, And a chainsaw controller had just sold for £400. I think i'll keep it a few years, As it's still in it's original box. :D

Wow, I saw one of those at the flea market, unopened in its box. I asked about how much it is, and the guy said some ridiculous price. Gotta feel bad for the chump who sold it to you, just hope he doesn't find out and start hating himself.

Wow, I saw one of those at the flea market, unopened in its box. I asked about how much it is, and the guy said some ridiculous price. Gotta feel bad for the chump who sold it to you, just hope he doesn't find out and start hating himself.

I got it from an independent game store, As soon as I found out it's value I picked up the phone and told him, He couldn't believe it, I did feel bad about it though, Because we are actually friends, And he ger's me games a few days before release, And at cheaper prices.

I recently brought a mint codition GameCube for £40, Not really retro, But an under rated console. I also got 5 games, Which included a special edition WindWaker, For another £40 pounds.

Dude you were ripped there, I bought my GC mint condition with two pads for £10 my special edition copy of wind waker also for £10 and games are dirt cheap for the GC. It's all about shopping round really, ebay is a good place to try for things like that.

I agreed with Lee there spunk, most places I've seen with GameCubes sell them for around £20 or less in a similiar bundle to what you got, GameStation always seems to be a one where you find a good price set, then you find places to beat like ebay. Where did you get your GC from out of curiousity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back