• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Resign MVP, team with Cena. Crazy idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrestlingking

now all we need is some rape bait!
So I was thinking if WWE were to resign MVP and when he returns how and why. MVP could make a suprise return durring a beatin down of Cena and save him. Cena shakes his hand and thanks him. Same thing happens next week on Raw so the next week Cena & MVP team vs whoever it was beatin down Cena. John and MVP win so they tag a couple more times and rack up some wins.

They come up with some name and become an actual tag team. Now for one i'm sick of Cena in the main event always, give another guy the spotlight IMO. Have Cena and MVP wear matchin gear like MVP has. I hate the whole teenager shorts look, grow up John lol. IMO Cena & MVP have similar egos and both put a show on for the kids. John Cena said it himself to The Rock, he does it for the kids. MVP does it for the kids too, just people look at his criminal past and think negative usually.

MVP & Cena get a shot at the tag titles and win. They tag for a while, and eventually break up. Hopefully their tag run also helped boost the non existing tag division lol. MVP goes on to run in the main event and WWE actually decideds to give him a nice few month WWE Championship run. Maybe give him a second run after a lil bit. MVP puts on a great show in the ring and it'd be awesome to see him have the spotlight for a change.

So what is everyones thoughts on puttin MVP with John Cena to team up?
Could it work?
If you think it wouldnt work, why not?

So you want the number one guy and face of the entire company to form a tag team with mvp?? ARE U SERIOUS?? That's the dumbest idea since creative asked aldo montoya to wear a jockstrap on his head.

I'm all for the WWE re-signing MVP. But pairing him up "under" John Cena, no! You want MVP and John Cena together in a stable or a tag-team based on what, street cred?? Not going to happen, because John Cena doesn't have any (outside West Newberry, MS).

But hopefully we will see MVP back home in the WWE one day.

So MVP a mid carder who WWE thankfully got off their wage bill just a few months ago - to return soon and team with John Cena.

Why would you think this? Why would you suggest this? Its the most random thing I have ever read on here!

In short my answer is a resounding no.

John Cena has already won multiple World Tag Team Championships, and none of them ever lasted enough for him to make them look important. Why would he bother winning the titles again? And with the most random partner ever in MVP? MVP himself is in NJPW and he apparently loves it since it's a dream for him to wrestle in Japan. He also happens to be the current and inaugural IWGP Intercontinental Champion. It's been a short time since he's left the WWE, so why would he dump all of that success away to return to a company that he wasn't going anywhere in? As far as John Cena taking a step back from the spotlight and changing his apparel? I don't think that'll ever happen since he's the face of RAW and his apparel matches his gimmick.

I always Liked MVP and thought he had alot of potential - so I would resign him - get him on Smackdown and no i wouldn't team him up with Cena - just dont see the point. Id get him feuding immediately with Christian & Randy Orton

Resigning MVP - YES
Teaming up with John Cena - Nope

I liked MVP and I wish he would've stayed, but like he stated, this wasn't really his dream, Japan was. If he were to sign again, I would put him on SD! He can be over as a heel or a face depending on what they need. Putting him in as a tag team with Cena would be detrimental to both him and Cena. it's kinda difficult to keep Cena out of the Main Event picture since 1) he's the champion 2) he's the top guy in the company, and 3) He's facing the Rock at WM28.

Not "no" but HELL No. MVP was booted out of WWE for a reason: HE SUCKS. His stupid 'basketball player' routine sucks. His mic work sux. His ring work is boring.

And please no more stupid Cena tag team champion crap either. All Cena does is ruin the tag championship.

First I would like to say MVP was not booted,kicked,fired or any variation of out of the WWE he asked for his release and it was granted simple as that.

While I would personally like to see MVP in the squared circle again of the wwe,pertaining to the bigger picture i would have to say no to both.

MVP seems to be happy doing what he's doing now and just won the IWGP Intercontinintal Title (the first one in history) He always stated that he wanted to wrestle not entertain. I wish him the best of luck in that.

Secondly I say no the idea of him teaming with John Cena just because there would be no rhyme or reason.

SMH at poster above me.

Why would the WWE want to waste their time putting the biggest star they've got into a tag team with someone like MVP? There's no money to be made there in my opinion so that's why it'd never happen.

MVP hasn't been a great loss for the WWE by any stretch. For all intents and purposes, MVP felt that he should be in the main event and the WWE didn't. Because of that, more than anything else, MVP wanted out of the WWE. Even if WWE made an offer to him, there's no guarantee he'd accept. MVP's getting pretty good treatment from New Japan Pro Wrestling at the moment. He very recently became the first IWGP Intercontinental Champion and is defending the title on New Japan's tour of the United States.

MVP to resign would be good but wont happen. Cena should never be a tag team wrestler again, MVP would be good to form a faction under the miz. The Miz, MVP and Truth to fued against Cena would be good

Crazy? No. Stupid? Very.

Why would you take the face of the company and put him with someone who never really mattered in the first place.

Also from what i've seen, MVP seems to be pretty happy where he is now. And the only reason I could see the WWE doing this is if they planned on turning MVP heel.

John Cena in the main event, and that's not going to change, so get over it already.

Dumb idea

Cena is the biggest star that the WWE has created in the past decade. He is a money-making machine and it would make no sense whatsoever to take him out of the main event picture and thow him into a random tag team with MVP? Why would they team up? How would MVP suddenly returning to help Cena make Cena feel he will ignore the main event (even more ridiculous considering he is the champion right now) to team up with a wrestler who was mid-card at best in the WWE.

It doesnt make the tiniest bit of sense for either Cena or the WWE. Also, MVP is doing well in Japan right now, and is supposedly loving it over there, so he will not be returning to the 'E any time soon.

I don't think the idea is stupid per se, but it's unlikely and wouldn't really accomplish much. That and the odds of it happening are VERY slim right now, I mean unless the WWE offered MVP a ridiculously huge contract, I see no way in hell that he would come back right now. He's a life-long fan of puroresu and is living his childhood dream right now by wrestling for New Japan, and he's been treated EXCELLENTLY by them thus far, getting a major push in the New Japan Cup tournament and winning a mini-tournament to crown the inaugural IWGP Intercontinental champion, the first new title that New Japan has introduced in over twenty years. It won't be long before he's challenging Tanahashi for the world title either.

I could see MVP returning down the line, but not for awhile. I definitely see him continuing his Japan excursion for atleast another year, minimum.

With Cena, no I don't think that would work.
But maybe bring him back, put him with R-Truth, JTG(if he's still employed) and Mark Henry. Make a nice heel stable with Teddy Long as the manager.

I never liked MVP and don't personally want to see this storyline ever happen. The only good thing to come of it for me personally would be the more wrestlers who don't entertain me on screen at the same time the less I have to turn over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back