• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Report: TNA Wants the Young Bucks Back

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Dave Meltzer noted that TNA is preparing to make a play for the Young Bucks, and they aren’t the only ones.

The Bucks wrestle for ROH several times throughout the year, but the company would love to lock them into more exclusive contracts. Lucha Underground will likely make another play for them when a second season is confirmed and they figure out how much money they have to work with. WWE did low ball them on an offer last year, which was the source of some internet buzz, and it’s been reported numerous times that WWE officials were not happy with an indie team turning them down.

But there’s the problem, and it’s one that somebody needs to pick up on if they want to actually secure these guys to a contract – the Young Bucks are one of the very few acts on the independent scene that have marketed themselves well. Extraordinarily well, in fact. Between working every major New Japan show, dates with ROH, touring the indies and their huge supply of merchandise, Matt and Nick Jackson are making more money on a full-time touring schedule than a lot of the minor acts in WWE, and probably anyone working in NXT right now. And looking at the way WWE has handled tag teams for the better part of a decade now, there is absolutely no proof they would be anything more than a minor act.

It’s very likely that no one company, whether it be TNA or Lucha Underground or ROH, is going to be able to make them a significant enough offer to lock them into playing for one team. Nor should they. It’s even less likely that any one company could utilize one team to the point where it would be worth giving them that paycheck. What is TNA going to do with the Young Bucks that would make it worth either side coming to terms?

The only obvious solution, if TNA really does want to get them on television, is they open up their borders and agree to them working the bi-monthly taping dates as a part of their already existing schedules. That means no limits on Ring of Honor (which also requires cooperation from ROH), the New Japan PPV and IPPV, and all their other indie dates.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/577...m_campaign=Feed:+Wrestlezonecom+(WRESTLEZONE)

--

Considering the source, take it with whatever sized grain of salt required to stomach, but this does play into what Corgan was saying about having "six to eight guys" in mind who could make immediate television impacts.

I have no idea if they have any connection to Corgan's old Resistence Pro Wrestling (from what I've been able to find, which is nothing, the answer is no), but there would definitely be logistical issues to get past if this were to get off the ground regarding exclusivity — something that reportedly cost TNA Alberto Del Rio late last year.

Eugh. The Young Bucks are one of the most polarizing acts in ages. And have only gotten more polarizing since their original tenure. The way I see it, them being back would only work is if they actually listen and TNA tells them to vary and restrain themselves. Which you see nothing of in their matches. To me they are a pair of wrestling indy cliches. I know there's people that think otherwise but when you hear all this talk of bringing in talent that can grasp an audience and bring new interest, do you really want to bring in an act that is guaranteed to split your fanbase's opinion? Especially in the crucial point they are right now? I fell there's far better tag teams to fit the bill right now that would seem much fresher in TNA.

Eugh. The Young Bucks are one of the most polarizing acts in ages. And have only gotten more polarizing since their original tenure. The way I see it, them being back would only work is if they actually listen and TNA tells them to vary and restrain themselves. Which you see nothing of in their matches. To me they are a pair of wrestling indy cliches. I know there's people that think otherwise but when you hear all this talk of bringing in talent that can grasp an audience and bring new interest, do you really want to bring in an act that is guaranteed to split your fanbase's opinion? Especially in the crucial point they are right now? I fell there's far better tag teams to fit the bill right now that would seem much fresher in TNA.

Personally, I hope they stay far away from them. Let them do their thing as they are now in ROH, Japan, etc. The Bucks have carved out a nice niche for themselves, but TNA let go of them the first time around for a reason. I called them the "Rancho Cucamonga boys" for a reason. They did absolutely nothing to make you care about them at any point in their first run.

I'm much more interested, like you said, in finding better fitting tag teams, or creating them by bringing in free agents with far less baggage and potential.

y would they return they have good Thing going with the Bullet Club a ROH no reason to take three steps back.

Unless TNA relax their rules on exclusivity, The Young Bucks won't be returning to the company. They've got a great thing going now in Japan with permission to wrestle in other organisations, so they won't be willing to quit that to become exclusive to a promotion that's allegedly struggling financially and not running that many shows.

I think it's very unlikely we'll see them in TNA in the near future.

No please, no. I enjoyed their matches against MCMG's and that was good enough for me. They don't do much besides super kicks and some more super kicks. As IDR said and Killjoy as well, bring in better talent with no baggage. I simply would rather the Young Guns stay with ROH and NJPW than going back to TNA.

The most overrated act on the indies. TNA should put that time and effort into guys they already have on the roster.

I'll admit that I felt they were just part of the scenery the last time they were in TNA. They like clones of the Hardys from the late 90's. But their doing their thing in ROH and New Japan, and the money appears to be good for them. Both sides are better off where they are now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back