• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Report/Rumor: WWE Calling Up NXT Talent Post WrestleMania

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to a brief little snippet provided by F4WOnline.com, the WWE is getting ready to call at least two wrestlers up from NXT to be part of the main roster after WrestleMania 29 is in the record books. It doesn't give any specifics, like who the top contenders are or when this will happen. Besides, "after WrestleMania" could be 6 months from now for all I know and if it's actually legit.

Who do you think WWE will bring up?

Who would you like WWE to bring up?

If all this is legit, I think someone who has a strong chance of being brought up is Kassius Ohno, AKA Chris Hero. He's said to be one of Triple H's favorites in NXT and he's really shown himself to be dynamic on the mic, especially during his, thus far, verbal feud in NXT with William Regal. A lot of people have wanted to see Ohno on the roster for a long while. He might not have the best "look" in my eyes, but he's more than able to make up for it in every other way.

I also think WWE could do something different this time around and bring up a Diva to the main roster. If they do bring up a Diva, I think it'll be Paige. She's gotten a lot of praise for her work in NXT. She also doesn't have the general fitness/bikini model aspect about her. She's also the most experienced of the NXT Divas, having been working in wrestling since 2005 even though she's only 20 years old. She comes from a wrestling family with both her parents & her older brothers being wrestlers, with her parents running the indy company World Association of Wrestling. At the same time, with the overall state of women's wrestling in WWE, it almost seems a shame to bring her up only to see her wasted.

I'm not really that familiar with many of the NXT talent at the moment. I know a few names but nobody who I'd specifically say should be bought up to the main roster.

To be honest, WWE don't need to bring up many. Somebody like Cesaro has been on the roster for nearly a full year. He may well have had a 6 month title reign, but he also hasn't been put into a meaningful fued during that time. They also have guys like Big E. Langston & Fandango who are about to have their first televised matches. WWE should push those guys meaningfully first before they bring up guys like Chris Hero & Xavier Woods.

Though I'd rape NXT for their women if WWE insist on continuing with their Diva's division.

I'm not really that familiar with many of the NXT talent at the moment. I know a few names but nobody who I'd specifically say should be bought up to the main roster.

To be honest, WWE don't need to bring up many. Somebody like Cesaro has been on the roster for nearly a full year. He may well have had a 6 month title reign, but he also hasn't been put into a meaningful fued during that time. They also have guys like Big E. Langston & Fandango who are about to have their first televised matches. WWE should push those guys meaningfully first before they bring up guys like Chris Hero & Xavier Woods.

Though I'd rape NXT for their women if WWE insist on continuing with their Diva's division.

I don't know squat about NXT or what women are presently on the roster but it makes me think WWE could always run a Nexus or The Shield-lite parody with the women of NXT with maybe an experienced Diva leader like Beth Phoenix. It wouldn't have to be a major story but the Diva's division has no real talent right now. I'm not sure half the time who is heel and who is face. AJ would have to find other things to do. Maybe Vickie could somehow be involved. It could play off the female stereotypes of cattyness, inability to work together, body image, and independence. Maybe even have an uprising during Diddy's performance when all the Divas are relegated to being background dancers.

Nevermind, the Divas would never get that much time or focus.

I think around 3 or 4 will be called up, Bray Wyatt, kassius ohno, Corey graves and Paige. I also think once wrestlemania season is out the way Bo Dallas will get more in-ring time.
I would like to see a few others bought up. The Wyatt Family and Adrian Neville and Oliver Gray could give the tag team division a lot of depth.

I'm a big fan of NXT. Ive watched every episode since the format change and it's just been amazing. In terms of who will make the grade and be called up;

Kassius Ohno
There's still a big hope for me that they pair him with Cesaro on his coming up. It'd be fantastic to see the KoW back. If not, bring him up as a new force within the shield. He'd be an animal, knocking out people left and right. Could just imagine him elbowing Cena in the head right now...

Corey Graves
On a personal note, I sorta know SJ...Graves. I did an entrance titantron thing for him when he was in 1PW and met him at several fan sessions, even drinking with the dude after a show. He's amazing in ring but best yet, he's got this AMAZING talent on the mic that just...blows everyone on the NXT roster out of the water. He's really really good and could be a BIG star, he's got a good look, he's good on the mic and he's on the radar.

Paige
I don't really do female wrestling. It bores me, primarily because of how bad WWE portrays it, but when Paige gets in the ring, I HAVE to watch. She's a good looking lass and she's GREAT in the ring. The diva's need a big injection, a new Beth...and she could be it in time to come.

Conor O'Brian
I think he'll come up soon, but I almost feel they missed the boat. the guy should come up as something to do with the undertaker; perhaps starting a cult that worship him to the point where it's obscene. The Ascention on it's own fails a little, the tag team worked but he has RAW strength on his side which is always a plus and he looks quite intimidating.

Lastly on the radar to be called up...

Bray Wyatt
It's gotta be, right? He's been pushed as one of the MAJOR stars of the show in the past few months, his mic work is FANTASTIC and the Wyatt family gimmick serves GREATLY for anyone who has a slight deranged look to them. He's been awesome and has changed massively since his Husky Harris days. Call him up.

Yep, those are who I think will be called up in the next few weeks...just sorta...adds up to me.

I'm also not too familiar with NXT. However, the WWE will have a massive drop off of talent post-Wrestlemania 29. Taker? Gone. Lesnar? Gone but will be making dates i believe with his new contract. Rock? Don't count on that. Jericho? Gone. HHH? back to the board room. I've seen some of the NXT guys and some I believe are "ready" to perform at the main roster level. Bray Watt is a guy who I believe is ready for the main roster. Another guy I've heard people bring up is Kassious Ohno. I have no idea who he is and I don't think I have ever seen what he can do but if he can get over, that will be a huge plus for the WWE. The problem isn't getting guys up from the NXT developmental stage, since, clearly we've seen plenty of guys come up and be somewhat successful. The Shield, Nexus are good examples. The problem is there is no main eventers that are able to fill in when the part timers are gone. I have no problems with NXT guys coming up to the main roster. I just hope they're ready in time to elevate and give guys a run for their money.

I am not so hyped up for any of future debuts, specially with the current batch of NXT talent. I mean, you have talented folks like Chris Hero, El Generico, PAC, Bray Wyatt, Paige, Corey Graves and so on, but I don't think that they have a place for the way WWE uses their talent. There are a lot of other talented guys, such as Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel, Zack Ryder, Joe Hennig, Curt Hawkins, Kofi Kingston, Sin Cara, David Otunga, R-Truth, Antonio Cesaro and so on that are not being utilized, and as much as I like El Generico or PAC, I can't see what they can bring to the table that guys I've mentioned can't.

I mean it's just a way of booking and giving chances, but I'm not excited for any of their debuts as much as I would be for any other unused guy pushed. But what the hell, I think that Ohno/Hero is a fine promeur and a very good wrestler technically speaking, and PAC brings a new excitement to the table. Bray Wyatt has a fairly decent gimmick that Waylon Mercy was not able to explore so he could do great. Paige is the best female wrestler WWE has, I'll call it maybe a tie with Natalya at this point, and she has the support of the IWC so that's always important, just ask Ryback or Tensai.

To be honest, I think that the call for some of developmental stars may be somehow connected with the multi-brand concept being re-utilized in a near future. If they don't do that, I believe that a lot of guys are going to be as misused as any other after their debut.

I have to think Paige is definitely somebody who will be coming up to the main roster. The Diva's division is horrible and it looks like with the return of the Bella Twins, WWE is attempting to do something more than neglect it. Will it help? Probably not.

As far as the men's division, I think Corey Graves and Bray Wyatt are the two most likely to come up first. I know a lot of people are saying Kassius Ohno but I don't know if it's the right time. I think Graves and Wyatt have ready made characters that are set to make an immediate impact. I fear Ohno would get lost in the sauce.

Who do you think WWE will bring up?

No clue, but then I think the report's bullshit.

Who would you like WWE to bring up?

Kruger. Nobody in NXT should be getting a callup ahead of him unless it's to fill a specific niche, like Big E as an enforcer. The fucker is by far the best guy in NXT. He's versatile, charismatic and a top notch worker.

If all this is legit, I think someone who has a strong chance of being brought up is Kassius Ohno, AKA Chris Hero.

PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

He's said to be one of Triple H's favorites in NXT

I don't think HHH is an idiot, so I doubt this.

and he's really shown himself to be dynamic on the mic,

When did "dynamic" become a euphemism for "mediocre at best"

especially during his, thus far, verbal feud in NXT with William Regal.

The single promo they cut together consisted of Regal cutting a good promo, then Ohno following it with a dire performance. And then getting his eardrum ruptured.

A lot of people have wanted to see Ohno on the roster for a long while.

Most of them not having seen how far from ready the guy is. His matches aren't good enough, his promos aren't good enough, his gimmick isn't good enough, his look is the furthest thing from good enough. The guy is not worth calling up. Fuck, he's probably not worth the pay cheque he's getting.

He might not have the best "look" in my eyes, but he's more than able to make up for it in every other way.

Except wrestling, talking and in all likelihood drawing.

I also think WWE could do something different this time around and bring up a Diva to the main roster. If they do bring up a Diva, I think it'll be Paige. She's gotten a lot of praise for her work in NXT. She also doesn't have the general fitness/bikini model aspect about her. She's also the most experienced of the NXT Divas, having been working in wrestling since 2005 even though she's only 20 years old. She comes from a wrestling family with both her parents & her older brothers being wrestlers, with her parents running the indy company World Association of Wrestling. At the same time, with the overall state of women's wrestling in WWE, it almost seems a shame to bring her up only to see her wasted.

I've got no objections with bringing up Paige.

I'm a big fan of NXT. Ive watched every episode since the format change and it's just been amazing. In terms of who will make the grade and be called up;

Kassius Ohno
There's still a big hope for me that they pair him with Cesaro on his coming up. It'd be fantastic to see the KoW back. If not, bring him up as a new force within the shield. He'd be an animal, knocking out people left and right. Could just imagine him elbowing Cena in the head right now...

You're a moron. Both because you see Ohno as approaching ready for the big time and because you think he's going to debut at the top of the card. Making him work with Cena will result in him being demolished in every way imaginable. The majority who don't know who Chris Hero is or watch NXT won't respond to him, and Cena being better in every way will make him look like pure shit.

Corey Graves
On a personal note, I sorta know SJ...Graves. I did an entrance titantron thing for him when he was in 1PW and met him at several fan sessions, even drinking with the dude after a show. He's amazing in ring but best yet, he's got this AMAZING talent on the mic that just...blows everyone on the NXT roster out of the water. He's really really good and could be a BIG star, he's got a good look, he's good on the mic and he's on the radar.

I like Graves. He is not a good promo cutter. He's good in the ring, had a good look and what can generously be called a gimmick, but not a great amount of mic skill. When you're on the same roster as Kruger and Wyatt, with occasional visits from Dean Ambrose you are leagues below the top level of promo cutters.

Conor O'Brian
I think he'll come up soon, but I almost feel they missed the boat. the guy should come up as something to do with the undertaker; perhaps starting a cult that worship him to the point where it's obscene. The Ascention on it's own fails a little, the tag team worked but he has RAW strength on his side which is always a plus and he looks quite intimidating.

Ascension as a gimmick was great in both FCW and NXT. Kenneth pulled off the solo act. I want to see more of Conor before making a judgement on calling him up.

Bray Wyatt
It's gotta be, right? He's been pushed as one of the MAJOR stars of the show in the past few months, his mic work is FANTASTIC and the Wyatt family gimmick serves GREATLY for anyone who has a slight deranged look to them. He's been awesome and has changed massively since his Husky Harris days. Call him up.

100% agree.

The other is more tricky, I'll go with the current NXT tag Champs (both of them) or Corey Graves.

Neville is dire, Oliver's on the injured list. Neither have any business being on the main roster. Together or apart.

I'm thinking someone just made up this report on the fly, but here's who I'd like to see make the main roster:

Paige - Probably the best all-round female talent the WWE's had in either developmental or the WWE since they let go of Mickie James and Tara. It's almost a shame to put her in the depleted, underused and mediocre Divas division, but I'd like to see her make it to the national stage. A feud with AJ after Wrestlemania would do wonders for her I think, especially if AJ takes the title off of Kaitlyn at Wrestlemania.

Bray Wyatt - I don't there's anyone who doesn't think that ol' Husky Harris is ready. I haven't seen much wrestling since the character transformation, and god knows he's more than incredible as a manager/leader for the Wyatt Family. I'd like to see him work on Smackdown personally, maybe a feud featuring main roster talents for his stable instead of Harper and the other guy. I don't know how far he'd go though.

Leo Kruger - The South African Madman would be a great addition to the main roster, but who would he work with? His most ready-made feud with Justin Gabriel is already playing out on NXT, and we've got no indication as to whether Barrett or Cesaro are dropping their belts at Wrestlemania to babyfaces. Maybe put him with Bray Wyatt as a unit, since their personas are pretty similar in some regards to one another?

Everybody else, nope. Big E's already with Ziggler, and the Shield plus Johnny Curtis/Fandango have debuted are in angles. Most of the NXT Divas Division could come in and replace most of the main division without a blink and I'd be fine with it but I don't see that happening. Most of the roster besides those mentioned aren't really main roster ready in my opinion, or wouldn't really get a push if they came back.

I also think once wrestlemania season is out the way Bo Dallas will get more in-ring time.

It made a lot of sense to have Bo Dallas make his mark at the Rumble, have him pin Barrett, only to write him off TV immediately after. What was the point?? Of course this will all be mentioned when he gets back on television, but to push someone like that and then send him back to obscurity makes no sense whatsoever.

You're a moron. Both because you see Ohno as approaching ready for the big time and because you think he's going to debut at the top of the card. Making him work with Cena will result in him being demolished in every way imaginable. The majority who don't know who Chris Hero is or watch NXT won't respond to him, and Cena being better in every way will make him look like pure shit.

No need for aggression man. In all truth, I see KO as someone who has potential to join with the Shield program. Im agreed, his mic work needs a LOT more, it's almost one dimensional at times. As for fans, if a star is pushed the right way; they WILL respond. I need point at the shield. That's the best way to debut him. Throw him in with the wolves and add a new level to them. It's the best way; and that way he'll get a run in with the top guys.

I like Graves. He is not a good promo cutter. He's good in the ring, had a good look and what can generously be called a gimmick, but not a great amount of mic skill. When you're on the same roster as Kruger and Wyatt, with occasional visits from Dean Ambrose you are leagues below the top level of promo cutters.

He has a way to go with promos, but he's good. This is coming from someone who's followed his work across the UK when he was here. He's a solid star on mic as well. The gimmick is...unfortunately...what he's always done and will end up with him being cheered eventually should he keep it up. He ISNT as good on the mic as Kruger or Wyatt, that's why he's used more in ring, but he has potential to get there.

Ascension as a gimmick was great in both FCW and NXT. Kenneth pulled off the solo act. I want to see more of Conor before making a judgement on calling him up.

100% agreed. Kenneth pulled it off. Conor. Not so sure, but they'll call him up soon. I'm sure.

Neville is dire, Oliver's on the injured list. Neither have any business being on the main roster. Together or apart.

I have love for PAC...or Neville. Whatever we wanna call him nowadays, thanks WWE. He's a GREAT...spot monkey, who will eventually take the role of John Morrison - that one guy that can continually wow people. He wont ever be used on the mic though and WILL likely get thrown with Kofi or Evan on him coming up. Oliver Gray...will be endeavoured. He's awful and have no idea why he's there. Just as someone to make Neville look better it would seem. Either way, keep pac away from the mic, the newcastle accent does not convey well.

For those doubting Chris Hero:

[YOUTUBE]-e0Em8h4Avs[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]G6DUa4yiQno[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]Gb6lP_murNk[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]jXK-RdRyFy4[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]73iUCBmV5Cg[/YOUTUBE]

Guy has skill on the microphone and in the ring

Hero is by far the most ready. However, I really hope he takes the time to get in better shape as he does have a very weird build, but take that for whatever it's worth.

Paige is the future of the Divas division, but I'm also a fan of Audrey Marie. Much more the stereotypical Diva with the sex appeal to go along with it.

There's also two very promising tag teams (which I hope they're brought up to the main roster as exactly that). British Ambition and the Wyatt Family. Bray Wyatt is awesome on the mic. Only bad thing about British Ambition is they lack charisma and are very boring on the mic. That can very well develop over time, though.

I would personally love to see Connor O'Brian come up with his current gimmick but a better name and become Undertaker's successor with the Undertaker mentoring him in the way of the dark or whatever. Would be a great rub for him, allow taker to stay relevant throughout the year and be a proper build for a NXT competitor

They'll probably be heels due to the current situations with at least one of the Midcard titles likely being given to a face at mania. They'll be built up fast for a few weeks and after the new face retains in the rematch they'll probably be thrown in as the next challenger. On the other hand if cesaro retains at mania then you'll see a bo Dallas v cesaro feud because their characters match up nicely against each other.

Assuming the former occurs, then the two most likely to get the call up would be bray wyatt and Leo kruger, both those guys have an abundance in talent, are ready to face the big leagues, and most importantly have solid characters that suit them very very well.

Graves needs a little bit more time along with obrien and ohno, ohno's starting to frustrate me tbh as he's got a very good look and I've seen some of his earlier work but for some reason he's coming across as Bland McBland while here in wwe, hopefully it's just adjusting to his character and we'll see some better work from him soon.

Gotta be the Wyatt Family. I actually think Bray Wyatt is so ready that I'd think about putting him in a program with ADR over the World Championship heading into Summerslam.

I'd feed him someone like the Miz or Kofi Kingston in a mini-feud to set him up in the fans' mind, but ADR needs new heels and this guy knows how to draw heat and can go in the ring.

I really only see 4 possible candidates:

Leo Kruger: The best NXT has to offer right now. Kruger is ready.

Paige: Great look. Good in ring skills. Someone AJ, The Bellas, and Kaitlyn could feud with.

Bray Wyatt: Has a good gimmick going on right now; my only issue with this is that we already have a heel stable in The Shield. I'm not a fan of having too many stables. Hell I prefer to have only one stable.

Conor O'Brian: I seriously thought Conor was doomed when Cameron was released, but man has he turned it up.

I love how people think this is made up, when after WM is ALWAYS when new talent get called up. Common sense is asking for too much I guess.

Someone said Graves blows everyone out of the water on the mic, that is false. Bray Wyatt is by far the best on the mic in NXT.

Paige and Corey Graves are my guesses. Paige is the best female down there, and is way over.While Graves has been in he main event scene and has been impressing people.

I don't see Wyatt getting called up until Harper and Rowan do too, so you will have the whole Wyatt Family called up at once.

Bray Wyatt has a strong character and can work, I expect he'd be one of the ones to get called up as he wouldn't need to be repackaged.

Kassius Ohno seems a possibility, he can cut a good promo and is a good worker, but he'd need to be given mic time to have any chance of getting over as short TV matches don't really showcase his ring talent.

I also think Connor O'Brien might have a shot, he's got the look Vince likes and is being booked as a beast from the show I saw the other week.

I take it Bo Dallas is already considered called up?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Adrian Neville (PAC for those who aren't in the know) debut. With WWE lacking a superstar who is highly athletic, and in the Lucha mold, then it maybe his time. However, if Mysterio returns, I wouldn't expect to see him so soon. FYI for those who haven't seen his corkscrew moonsault, it's definitely worth a look.

Leo Kruger has the size, and presence to be a success, but it worries me that if they bring him up, they may change his gimmick, which would be a mistake.

As for legitimate debuts, I would expect to see someone like Bray Wyatt, and I pray to God they let him keep his current gimmick. Bray, IMO, is the most polished on the mic of anyone on the roster. Sometimes, it isn't purely technical prowess and ringwork that get you ahead. I'm not saying that he's a slouch when it comes to his ring work, but his promos are brilliantly eerie, with sadistic overtones. I love them.

I'm not expecting Paige to debut. I'm not saying she's not ready (because she definitely is, and is a personal highlight for me), but guys, she's only 20! If she can wait a few more months, so can we.

Leo Kruger and Bray Wyatt seem to be the only real logical choices for call ups. Neville could use some more time in NXT to improve his mic skills. Paige is a little young, and Ohno needs... Polishing. He's intense in the ring, and I love his style, but stories aren't just told in the ring. Hopefully Regal can help him to tell a meaningful and compelling story through his words, not just his ringwork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back