Report On The Tag Titles

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to a story at PWInsider.com, it looks as though The Ascension will be moving up to the main roster; or, at least that's the talk backstage. The report also alleges that the feeling among some in the company is that The Usos will be holding onto the titles until The Ascension show up on the roster rather than dropping them to Harper & Rowan. So, ultimately take it for what it's worth.

To be perfectly honest, I'm a little surprised that Harper & Rowan haven't been tag team champs for some time already. Not that I'm complaining, I think Jimmy & Jey have done well as babyface tag team champs. Their matches are often entertaining and they've gotten over pretty well with fans. Still, I think Harper & Rowan have been a great team, it's kind of rare to have a team comprised of big guys that put out good matches as consistently as they have.

As a Conan fan, you may have noticed how similar The Ascension's gimmick is to HHH's barbarian king/viking conqueror facade that gets played up during occasional big events. As such, he probably has a soft spot for this thoroughly goofy act and will ensure they receive a prominent role on the main roster.

Why Harper and Rowan are out of the running is anyone's guess. They have sounder mat skills and a much less contrived gimmick. Nevertheless, I welcome the haphazard introduction of The Ascension and their abrupt tag title victory. Their failure will offer amusing levity compared to the high drama of Hornswaggle versus Torito.

While i'm still hoping to see Harper and Rowan capture the tag team titles at somepoint down the line, I would be more then happy to see the Ascension as the next Tag team champions. I have been a big fan of the Ascension for some time now and while I did have my doubts about the future of the group after Cameron was released, Viktor has proven himself more then capable and is by far a better fit then what Cameron was. Also having the Ascension on the main roster would also allow them to feud with the Wyatts which could turn out to very good for the division in general.

The only reason Harper & Rowan should win the tag titles is so we can all see the utter confusion on their faces. They shouldn't be title driven and they don't need them.

Give the belts to Rybaxel. They're a hoot and its time for the Usos to drop the belts. What a terribly dull tag team.

Actually they can go in an other direction - have Harper and Rowan win at MITB & retain at Battleground and then at Summer Slam let the Ascension win the title from them.

Just think about the match itself: Wyatt Family vs The Ascension for the tag titles.

The Uso's require the championships moreso than Rowan & Harper. The latter are associated with one of the biggest names in WWE right now, Bray Wyatt, and just from that alone, this makes Rowan/Harper a credible team. The Uso's are basically just another tag team without the belts (and John Cena, who has helped massively in getting them popular). Why screw over one tag team when you can promote two?

As for the Ascension, they've gotten to the point where I cannot see any tag team take them down, especially as they stay down in NXT. They desperately need some competition and with the Uso's running out of challengers, why not pair these guys up and create a feud whereby they try to prove to each other that they are the best. The Ascension are brutal and so are the Uso's. This pairing could last a couple of PPV's and give us some solid outings in the ring.

But really, anything to get the Ascension out of NXT. They need it more than Sami Zayn, a guy who everyone has been crying out to get moved up. Honestly, the only reason why the Ascension are still hot is because of the Full Sail University crowd being awesome and creating the ever-popular YAH! Movement. I feel sorry for Viktor sometimes when the crowd breaks out in a "We Want Yah" chant directed at Connor as it almost seems like they don't care about him, despite being a pretty decent wrestler (Hart Dungeon and all that jazz).

Am I the only one who wants to see the Uso's hold the Tag Titles until Wrestlemania? A team hasn't been as hot as The Uso's since MNM and their road to becoming WWE Tag Champs was perfectly done. I feel like the Uso's can be talked about in the same conversation as the NAO, The Dudleys, The Hardy's, etc. in the future if they are able to stay together for a while. Harper and Rowan may be an interesting tag team but imo, the Uso's are one of the hottest things going right now and WWE should keep running with them.

As for the Ascension... I have no problem with them coming up, but I would rather see them feud with Rowan and Harper before they move on to the Usos and the tag titles.

Am I the only one who wants to see the Uso's hold the Tag Titles until Wrestlemania? A team hasn't been as hot as The Uso's since MNM and their road to becoming WWE Tag Champs was perfectly done. I feel like the Uso's can be talked about in the same conversation as the NAO, The Dudleys, The Hardy's, etc. in the future if they are able to stay together for a while. Harper and Rowan may be an interesting tag team but imo, the Uso's are one of the hottest things going right now and WWE should keep running with them.

As for the Ascension... I have no problem with them coming up, but I would rather see them feud with Rowan and Harper before they move on to the Usos and the tag titles.

No team has been as hot as the Uso's since MNM? I guess you forgot about the Shield or Cody and Goldie? I don't mind them as tag champs, don't get me wrong. But there have been plenty of hot teams since MNM. Unless you mean "hot" as in good-looking? Then... I don't know what to say about that. I don't mind if the Uso's hold the titles until 'Mania either, as long as they do it properly and not bury any other team that might deserve the tag titles as well.

I can already see the reports "Dave Meltzer reports for F4W.com that management considers that YAH! is too similar to YES! and they have basically told Ascension to not bring that shit to the main roster #similarity#handcuffed"

I like the Ascension and I think WWE is in need of some fresh tag teams now that even the Brotherhood is disbanding. We basically have Rybaxel and Usos now and that's that. The others arent very relevant. I still feel Zeb Coulter could've done more with the Real Americans but whatevs. This might be the perfect time to debut them. Hell have them debut against Goldust and his random string of partners and let that be the final nail in the coffin for the brotherhood.

What I don't like is that they aren't giving tag teams mic time and a feud. Just because they are featured doesnt mean people get invested. Put Ryback on the mic, the dude is crazy and says some cool shit imo, even if he has a weird voice. I might be the only man on the planet who is not repulsed by Ryback's mic work.

The Ascension and Rybaxel can have some nice matches with both teams having 1 smaller guy and one big guy.

This is what I'm most worried about and the thing I hate the most about Tag Teams in WWE ... they break up WAY to fast and quick.

It's hard for teams to ever become LIKE the NAO, Dudleys, Hardy's when they aren't together more than a year or so.

Now, the Usos HAVE been a team since they started (was it 2010 or something?) so a few years but they haven't been really contenders until about a year ago.

So I really hope Usos stay tag team champs for a while. But most importantly ... when they do lose the titles they need to STAY together and fight back to the top and win again. They need to be like The Hardys or Dudleys who win and lose titles but stick together through it. Maybe, eventually have a break up but then get back together again.

The Ascension will make a great addition to the tag team division and would not be against them taking the belts off of The Usos at all. I have gotten to the point where I can tolerate The Usos although I have never been a fan and still dislike them. Harper and Rowan should have been the next Tag Team Champions. I'm quite surprised that they have not won the belts yet, they certainly have the talent needed to get such a push. It would also make them more intimidating underlings of Bray if they were Tag Team Champions. The Ascension VS Harper and Rowan would make for a great tag team title feud. I look forward to that after they make it to the main roster. If they can showcase the same dominance on Raw and Smackdown that they did on NXT, they can be a huge part of the tag team division's future. Also, the sooner someone defeats The Usos, the better. Even if we have to wait until The Ascension show up on the main roster, so be it. We would have a GREAT tag team at the top of the division.

for those who said it..i def agree with you guys on the Ascension vs Wyatts being a money fued for the tag titles.

they should do it at Summerslam with Street Fight Rules or something..so were guranteed a hard hitting match. the lead up promos would be awesome lol

because like you guys said the division is thin right now

Ziggler and Miz taqg team should still happen, as well as a fandango adam rose team i think that could be money lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back