Report: Early Creative Plans For The Undertaker in 2013

Martin Gabriel

Pre-Show Stalwart
According to F4WOnline.com, The Undertaker is expected to work a high profile match at WrestleMania 29, and his potential opponents are currently being discussed, with one possibility being CM Punk ending the streak and "earning everyone's respect."

Contrary to what WWE normally does with The Undertaker, the company is considering bringing The Dead Man back for the Royal Rumble PPV in January, and possibly having him win the Royal Rumble match.

The feeling is an Undertaker Royal Rumble win along with a title shot at WrestleMania 29 could bring in a strong buy rate for the big PPV.

Source: WrestleZone.com

Undertaker will probably have a match at Mania? I dread to think how far they had to dig to uncover that particular gem of "backstage information".

Undertaker will probably have a match at Mania? I dread to think how far they had to dig to uncover that particular gem of "backstage information".

Give them some credit. I had to read between the lines but they did discover that it was possible for Taker to have a low profile match at WM. That would at least qualify as figuring out something most people didn't know.

Is Punk big enough to end the streak? Or for that matter, is anyone big enough to break the streak short of Rock or...Undertaker.

Yeah, backstage reports suggest Undertaker might break Undertakers streak.

Taker will never lose at WM. Especially not to Punk with the title on the line.

If Edge, HHH and HBK did not get it done- I doubt they will have Punk be the guy. The streak is really the only sacred, untouchable thing left in wrestling. They want you to think its in danger- but will never end it.

Although it would help Punk, it might piss off way more people (wrestlers\fans) in the process. Its more likely that Punk would beat Rock at RR, go against Taker at WM -and lose.

I'd be down for Undertaker vs. the Rock.

The only thing that concerns me is Brock vs. Triple H happening again at Mania. Both need to find something to do. Punk vs. Triple H is a much better match for both.

There's no way that CM Punk will be the guy to end the Undertaker's streak at WM 29. In fact, I don't think that Punk will be the guy to end the streak at any point in the future. He may oppose Taker but if he does, he'll lose.

I also don't think that the Rock will be the guy to do it either. Personally, I don't think that anyone will end the streak, I think the Undertaker will retire with his WM undefeated streak intact. But if someone is going to do it, it won't be the Rock. It will be the Rock's WM29 opponent who accomplishes the feat, likely at Wrestlemania the following year.

The only thing that concerns me is Brock vs. Triple H happening again at Mania. Both need to find something to do. Punk vs. Triple H is a much better match for both.

I'd be totally down for that. Triple H doesn't need to stroke his ego by getting a win at WM against Brock just because he lost at SS. And a match with Punk could be some great stuff.

Taker's not winning the rumble and nobody is breaking Taker's streak unless their name is John Cena and it's a WM 30.

No. Not even Cena should end the streak. Why don't people understand that the Streak is the one sacred thing in wrestling that shouldn't be broken? NOBODY should end the streak EVER.

No. Not even Cena should end the streak. Why don't people understand that the Streak is the one sacred thing in wrestling that shouldn't be broken? NOBODY should end the streak EVER.

That's what I'm saying, nobody should break the streak but you can't deny the possibility that Cena would be the only one to do it at WM 30. I don't want it to happen but Cena is the only person who can do it at this point.

I don't think the Streak will be broken, and if Punk's not wrestling for the WWE Championship (against Rock and Cena in a three-way), then he's going to face Taker.

Really, Really, Really? :wtf:WWE needs to leave the streak alone.....Let the streak stand!!:banghead: Can't Vince and the WWE just let somethings be sacred! They mess up the Title belt, they mess up tag team wrestling now they are talking about messing with the streak! :banghead: Just leave it alone!! Please just leave it ALONE!!

Look at this list of people Taker defeated!!
VII Jimmy Snuka 1–0
VIII Jake Roberts 2–0
IX Giant González 3–0
XI King Kong Bundy 4–0
XII Diesel 5–0
13 Sycho Sid 6–0
XIV Kane 7–0
XV Big Boss Man 8–0
X-Seven Triple H 9–0
X8 Ric Flair 10–0
XIX Big Show & A-Train 11–0
XX Kane 12–0
21 Randy Orton 13–0
22 Mark Henry 14–0
23 Batista 15–0
XXIV Edge 16–0
XXV Shawn Michaels 17–0
XXVI Shawn Michaels 18–0
XXVII Triple H 19–0
XXVIII Triple H 20–0

Punk is good.....but he is not the caliber of most of these men!! So WHY WWE would you let punk end the streak....and not some of the legends on this list!! PLEASE LET THE STREAK STAND!!:lol:

Punk is in a better position than most of the names on that list.

Would love that to happen but I think that they will go with the route that it will be Rock/Punk/Cena for WWE championship and Undertaker vs Brock for the Streak.

Problem with the Streak is: Established guys like Cena ande HHH don't need that victory, part-timers certanly don't need it and you never know with "up and comers". What if they gave someone like Ryback or Ziggler to end it and they never be that big or after a year or two they swerve and leave the Company. It would be a waste of a streak.

Punk would acctually be a perfect choice. He is big enough to end, he has not yet establish himself as the ultimate man of the company and I could really see that storyline where he chases ultimate respect and he goes after Undertaker. That match wouldn't be needed a title because it's big enough. Unfortunatly I don't think WWE does have too much confidience in Punk as "The Man" (due to low ratings and his latest incident on RAW)that they will allow him to end the Streak so it's logical that the Streak would't end like that. And it should't as it is Undertakers legacy. :)

To me(if I look at it now), Orton was a good choice as someone who they could book it back in the day to end it, but that ball is droped now.

Is anybody going to think less of the Undertaker if his streak is broken? Be honest.
No, The Undertaker would still be legend in my eyes. But the Streak adds that legend one totaly new level so if it isn't broken until now I dont think that they should ever broke it.

the only combinations I can see that wouldn't (or shouldn't) upset anyone are

The Rock vs Undertaker
John Cena vs Brock Lesnar II
Triple H vs CM Punk

Bam. Then have Cena vs Taker and Brock vs Rock at Mania 30.

the only combinations I can see that wouldn't (or shouldn't) upset anyone are

The Rock vs Undertaker
John Cena vs Brock Lesnar II
Triple H vs CM Punk

Bam. Then have Cena vs Taker and Brock vs Rock at Mania 30.

Rock\Taker would suck. If this was 10 years ago, maybe- but even back then their matches were not great and certainly not WM caliber. Good but nothing special- mostly crap. It would be 5 minutes of fury and energy. Followed by 15 minutes of slow paced, labored breathing, old guy rest holds and walking around the ring- then right into a handful of finish reversals leading to a Taker victory. As good as shape as they look on the way to the ring- the age\cardio shows in the match. They cannot keep the pace that they used to...

Cena\Lesnar 2 isnt too bad of a matchup, but I can predict how it will go already. Brock is toned down, not as wild\crazy as the last fight. It wont likely have the same vibe as the first one did. Cena wins again. This might be a good fight for another PPV- but not WM...

HHH\Punk has potential. This could be great and better than the NOC fight. They build it up as a 'respect' match. Punk wins and claims another huge name for his list. Beating HHH at WM with the title on the line would be a good notch to add to your belt. Granted he isnt the HHH of past glory- but he can still go & is a big name.

Really, Really, Really? :wtf:WWE needs to leave the streak alone.....Let the streak stand!!:banghead: Can't Vince and the WWE just let somethings be sacred! They mess up the Title belt, they mess up tag team wrestling now they are talking about messing with the streak! :banghead: Just leave it alone!! Please just leave it ALONE!!

Look at this list of people Taker defeated!!
VII Jimmy Snuka 1–0
VIII Jake Roberts 2–0
IX Giant González 3–0
XI King Kong Bundy 4–0
XII Diesel 5–0
13 Sycho Sid 6–0
XIV Kane 7–0
XV Big Boss Man 8–0
X-Seven Triple H 9–0
X8 Ric Flair 10–0
XIX Big Show & A-Train 11–0
XX Kane 12–0
21 Randy Orton 13–0
22 Mark Henry 14–0
23 Batista 15–0
XXIV Edge 16–0
XXV Shawn Michaels 17–0
XXVI Shawn Michaels 18–0
XXVII Triple H 19–0
XXVIII Triple H 20–0

Punk is good.....but he is not the caliber of most of these men!! So WHY WWE would you let punk end the streak....and not some of the legends on this list!! PLEASE LET THE STREAK STAND!!:lol:
Well thanks for the score update and sounding like a broken record. All in bright red.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back