Report: Backstage News On Brock Lesnar's Return To WWE Television

The Architect of Anarchy

Leannardo Da Vinci of Pro Wrestling
As reported on the main site:

PWInsider.com reports Brock Lesnar isn't expect back on WWE television until 2014 as the build to Royal Rumble begins.

No details as of yet on ideas for what and who Lesnar could be working with for Rumble or WrestleMania XXX. There was talk of Lesnar versus CM Punk for Hell in a Cell in October but it's believed those creative plans are fading away.

I think if they wanted to continue the Lesnar and CM Punk feud to WM 30, that leaves a time frame of 8 months. As much as I love the excellent promos Punk and Heyman are delivering each week with excellent segments also featuring Curtis Axel, 8 months is too long to prolong this magical feud.

The match put on was outstanding between Punk and Lesnar, and I wish to see if they can top that one with a rematch. Since Lesnar is only available for the build up to Wrestlemania, I fear the long time frame will tire out the feud and become fatigued.

There is a resemblance to the 2012 Lesnar vs HHH feud where the face lost and Lesnar decided to 'quit' via Tout, then return later in the year to re-establish the feud by attacking Vince McMahon. Prolonging the feud by Punk going through Heyman's guys will be tiring, so maybe a break from the storyline at Night of Champions will help their cause. Maybe Punk could go a different direction and feud with someone else till the time hath come to step into the ring and go toe to toe with the Beast.

This was completely expected. That doesn't change the awkwardness of any feud involving Lesnar. His clear lack of presence makes sustaining a good feud near impossible. The biggest problem is there's no way around it. Do they book a one-off feud like they did with Cena? Or do they book a long, drawn out feud where no one is really put over like they did with HHH? Trading long separated victories doesn't do much for anyone. Even an up and comer. But a one-off means Lesnar needs to lose more than he should. WWE really should've gotten more dates out him for it to appeal to me.

This was completely expected. That doesn't change the awkwardness of any feud involving Lesnar. His clear lack of presence makes sustaining a good feud near impossible. The biggest problem is there's no way around it. Do they book a one-off feud like they did with Cena? Or do they book a long, drawn out feud where no one is really put over like they did with HHH? Trading long separated victories doesn't do much for anyone. Even an up and comer. But a one-off means Lesnar needs to lose more than he should. WWE really should've gotten more dates out him for it to appeal to me.

Also, there is limited amount of Paul Heyman guys for CM Punk to feud with to carry on.

When Punk said he wanted to get his hands on Heyman, I thought the idea was just to have a match with Heyman. After he's done with Heyman, what's next? If he really wishes to have a match with Lesnar, it's only going to be because he wants to have another shot and defeating the beast. Isn't why he wanted to faced Lesnar at Summerslam was to get his hands on Heyman?

The whole feud is Punk v Heyman. That's why that awful guy, Curtis Axel, is involved now.

I was thinking that they might drag the payoff out, but since its all but certain that Lesnar's gone until RR, NOC might be where it ends. Punk can only chase a non-wrestler for so long. And Axel continually losing to Punk is doing neither guy any good.

PWInsider.com reports Brock Lesnar isn't expect back on WWE television until 2014 as the build to Royal Rumble begins.

If that's the case, I can't think of anyone he'd face at WM30 except The Undertaker. Given the long absence of the two men by that time, who's going to face either of them if they don't fight each other?

The problems matching Undertaker have been detailed many times on this forum. He's got to go up against someone at the top; they're not going to pair him with Zack Ryder at the biggest event of the year. I figure they're saving John Cena for 'Taker's last go-around. Of course, this might be his retirement match, for all we know.

Meanwhile, Brock has been through the mill with Cena, Triple H and Punk. It would take a compelling storyline to stir interest in him tangling with any of them again. Plus, the three will probably have other fish to fry by the time April rolls around.....although Cena might be a possibility if he comes back in January and has nothing else going.

Admittedly, this may one of the reasons Brock performs so seldom. Yes, that's the way he demands to work, but there also just aren't many people it's worth bringing him in to face. Sure, they could match him with Big Show or Sheamus (they're big enough to take the pounding and at least appear as if they could give Brock a battle) but are you excited about Brock facing either of them at Wrestlemania? I'm not.

Finally, while Undertaker has done it all in WWE for two decades and probably inspires nothing but admiration from the rest of the roster, even if he fights only once or twice a year, I still wonder what the other employees think about Brock Lesnar and his deal.

He wrestles three times a year, with a few brief appearances on Raw thrown in.....and only heaven knows what they pay him to do it. Can you imagine what the average WWE employee who travels 300 days a year and earns a fraction of what Brock gets must think? Just wondering.

Might makes right, I suppose.

My guess is that if this is his grand finale, Undertaker fights Cena......and should that happen, I don't know what the hell they'll do with Brock.

Punk vs Lesnar in a Hell in a Cell match would be music to my ears, just think afterwards Punk could chase Heyman up to the top of the Cell and finally finish him off (Not throw him off).

One other way they could do it is if Punk destroys Heyman badly enough to take him off TV for a few months (Poor Curtis Axel) and then he returns and enters Brock into the Rumble to prevent Punk from winning, however Punk still wins and Heyman takes the route that even though Punk eliminated Brock, The Beast will do something Punk couldn't, he'll end The Streak, thus you get the easy set up for Taker vs Brock.

If Lesner is going to be off tv until Rumble season then I can't see his feud with Punk continuing for that long. I really don't want to see Brock vs Taker at Mania, but that could be the route that they are taking with both of them being off of tv for so long. If this isn't Taker's last Mania then Brock would work as I agree with Sally that Cena should be the one to face Taker in his last Mania. As much as I don't think it should happen Brock vs Undertaker at Mania 30 seems likely.

I agree that continuing the rivalry right now would be tiring, but lets hope that we do hear from Lesnar before the Rumble. Having someone leave so abruptly can always backfire and decrease the momentum that the rivalry has already built. He'll probably work one last match with Punk at the Rumble and then work Taker or Rock at Wrestlemania XXX, most likely Taker. He said he has three more Wrestlemanias left in him, so they might negotiate Rock for his second, or last Wrestlemania appearance. With Rock and Brock you never know because these people have flexible contracts and can afford to walk away from their deals at any given moment.

I like the fact that Lesnar will not be on TV until 2014. Right now he seems like a novelty someone who is a rarity who when appears is a very big deal. Overusing him before the Rumble would be bad as in all likelihood he would have been booked to lose eventually and I feel seeing him too much kills his appeal.

Like it or not his feud with Punk never existed. It was always Punk versus Heyman as Lesnar as the surrogate fighter. Therefore there is no need for him to continue or for them continuing to pursue this as there's better matches and better uses for him. His Summerslam match should remain the first and last encounter as the Beast should not be slayed by the Best.

It's logical that there's only two real options for his Mania build up feud. He will face either the Undertaker or someone like Cena or Orton. However my current money is on Taker and if that happens he doesn't need to be on TV because frankly Taker won't be on TV and with that being said it al works out.

I don't know if Punk vs. Lesnar II will be happening anytime soon, even at WrestleMania. I might be completely wrong, I'm just going by stuff I've read the past few weeks.

Last week, I read a story that alleges the ending for Punk vs. Lesnar was changed the weekend of SummerSlam. The reason for this change, allegedly, is that The Undertaker stated informed WWE officials that he was officially on board for SummerSlam. The changed ending of the match has led to speculation that Taker's opponent at SummerSlam would be Brock Lesnar, that Taker agreed to face Lesnar and that WWE didn't want him to go up against Taker with a ppv record of 2-3.

To be perfectly honest, as a fan and a human being, I'd feel more comfortable with Punk vs. Lesnar II at WrestleMania. If the plan is for Taker vs. Lesnar, I don't see how Taker escapes the match without being injured. Lesnar's rougher than a pine cone ***** anyhow, so factor that in with how injury prone Taker has become the past several years and you have a potential disaster waiting.

I am glad I won't be seeing him on Monday nights. I have never enjoyed Brock Lesnar. I could take an Undertaker feud for Mania, but I don't want to see the two of them staring at a WrestleMania banner for 2 awkward minutes every week, for a month straight. Have Taker return and speak from the start, have Heyman accept the challenge, Lesnar runs down a couple times during Taker promos, then Taker wins at Mania.

I know I'm in the minority, but Punk-Axel is fine for now. Curtis is getting more comfortable, and hopefully he can connect more easily with the crowd soon. I can see Heyman picking up a new guy -- probably Ryback, despite his unpopularity with the IWC , or Wade Barrett -- and going forward with new feuds. WWE really can't afford to lose Paul now, IMO.

Brock and Punk don't really have a feud though, Punk and Heyman do, so I'm not so sure we'll get Punk vs Brock at Wrestlemania.

I'm hoping against hope that we'll finally get Cena vs Taker at Wrestlemania next year so that leaves Daniel Bryan, Triple H, Randy Orton, CM Punk and Brock with matches to fill. I could easily see a Daniel Bryan vs Triple H match occuring, it looks like they're not going to tease out the Bryan vs Orton feud til Wrestlemania after all. Who knows really though? Initial plans looked to call for a Brock vs Rock match at Mania but I really doubt Rock will be back next year given the injury this year.

Brock lesnar is the best wrestler/fighter the WWE has ever had ......pure athlete. The guy can wrestle has pure strength and speed ability. Everyone in wrestling knows this but he will never be the biggest superstar ever.

Brock(c) v Bryan at WM30
Rock V Orton
Taker V cena
Punk v Austin

^^^ i really dont think Rocky is doing this one.

and SCSA basically has hinted if hes doing Mania he dont want Rocky on the card lol he wants to be the Main Event..The Main Draw

I want to see Lesnar vs Bryan or Lesnar vs Taker honestly..nothing more,nothing else. We havent had those matches ever or in a long time in regards to Taker/Brock. Plus after that thing with Taker at the UFC fight with Brock i always figured that was done as an angle lol

Personally, I think they should be using Lesnar before the end of 2013. There are two stand-out PPV - Hell in a Cell and Survivor Series that he should be competing at. Hell in a Cell is obvious, he is the cage-fighter and it would be so easy to build any match. I would love Punk/Lesnar in a Hell in a Cell. It would be fantastic to watch.

Survivor Series is meant to be one of the top PPV's and with the absence of Cena they probably need Lesnar. I can't think of a decent singles match for him but he could easily be involved in a tag-match. Maybe a recruit of the HHH regime.

I would not rule out the possibility of Lesnar competing in 2013. If the money is right then he will turn up. Also, if their was the possibility of putting the World Title on him then maybe it would sweeten the deal.

Personally, I think they should be using Lesnar before the end of 2013. There are two stand-out PPV - Hell in a Cell and Survivor Series that he should be competing at. Hell in a Cell is obvious, he is the cage-fighter and it would be so easy to build any match. I would love Punk/Lesnar in a Hell in a Cell. It would be fantastic to watch.

Survivor Series is meant to be one of the top PPV's and with the absence of Cena they probably need Lesnar. I can't think of a decent singles match for him but he could easily be involved in a tag-match. Maybe a recruit of the HHH regime.

I would not rule out the possibility of Lesnar competing in 2013. If the money is right then he will turn up. Also, if their was the possibility of putting the World Title on him then maybe it would sweeten the deal.

its safe to say that most of us want and assume at some point we are going to get a rematch to Punk/Lesnar since the match was a damn near classic and the fact that this Punk/Heyman fued seems to be in it for the long run.

With that being said, the reason i bolded that part of your post is because ive said on this site in another thread that id LOVE to see RVD and Punk vs Lesnar and Axel at Survivor Series or something.

Maybe u even throw an RVD heel turn in, let him turn on Punk, give them a month fued, Punk goes over and RVD gets a month or so off for rest. You could have him pop up in the Rumble match, hell get a huge pop and just like that all is forgotten and hes face again lol

I feel like WWE def needs one more Lesnar match this year thought. I personally want to see Punk vs Lesnar in the Cell too.

well I dunno about throwing RVD into the Punk/Heyman/Lesnar mix

RVD has Del Rio on his plate right now, so maybe if Rob can come away with the World Title, he'll become a target of Heyman/Lesnar and that could be a way for Brock to fork away the World Title

true the Punk feud is really vs Heyman, but at the same time Punk-Brock had a pretty awesome match at SS, and if the WWE doesn't want to risk Taker's health "Punk vs. Lesnar II at WrestleMania." is certainly a solid choice.

very curious to see how things unfold over the next couple months as there's a ton of options available

*Does Punk take the IC title off Axel?

**Will Brock return, etc

I know I'm in the minority, but Punk-Axel is fine for now. Curtis is getting more comfortable, and hopefully he can connect more easily with the crowd soon. I can see Heyman picking up a new guy -- probably Ryback, despite his unpopularity with the IWC , or Wade Barrett -- and going forward with new feuds. WWE really can't afford to lose Paul now, IMO.

I find this funny, because all you heard when he made his Ryback debut was great and wonderful he was and now people are talking about how much they don't like him. I called it when he first came up that he wasn't good enough for what they were trying to do with him and posters were hating on my comments, now those same people are claiming they knew he was going to suck and that they never wanted him in that position. It's kind of the same with Axel. for the last year people have been praising him out their ass and wondering why he wasn't on tv and what was wwe doing to him, and now we have him and those same people are hurling shit at him like he was a fan blowing towards a field in need of fertilization.

I find this funny, because all you heard when he made his Ryback debut was great and wonderful he was and now people are talking about how much they don't like him. I called it when he first came up that he wasn't good enough for what they were trying to do with him and posters were hating on my comments, now those same people are claiming they knew he was going to suck and that they never wanted him in that position. It's kind of the same with Axel. for the last year people have been praising him out their ass and wondering why he wasn't on tv and what was wwe doing to him, and now we have him and those same people are hurling shit at him like he was a fan blowing towards a field in need of fertilization.

with Axel though it is kind of Different..to me its the way WWE has booked him. thats why fans arnt behind him. theyve had so many easy chances too. For example, if they are putting it out there that he is Mr. Perfects son (as opposed to the route WWE goes sometimes making no mention, kinda like with Husky/Bray) they could have easily got him a ton of momentum and heat or whatever u wanna call it by having him put on a big IC title defense at Summerslam, to honor the Classic Summerslam match but say unlike his father he actually successfully defended the strap
Ryback however has been given chance after chance after gimmick after angle after gimmick lol

@rerun406..Survivor Series is still 2 months down the road RVD could very easily get weaved into that fued by then..after all hes an original Paul Heyman guy.

with Axel though it is kind of Different..to me its the way WWE has booked him. thats why fans arnt behind him. theyve had so many easy chances too. For example, if they are putting it out there that he is Mr. Perfects son (as opposed to the route WWE goes sometimes making no mention, kinda like with Husky/Bray) they could have easily got him a ton of momentum and heat or whatever u wanna call it by having him put on a big IC title defense at Summerslam, to honor the Classic Summerslam match but say unlike his father he actually successfully defended the strap
Ryback however has been given chance after chance after gimmick after angle after gimmick lol

@rerun406..Survivor Series is still 2 months down the road RVD could very easily get weaved into that fued by then..after all hes an original Paul Heyman guy.

I can see your point, but I don't think that's all their is to it. I always get the sense when I read about him or hear about him that there's something else behind the vitriol people say about him. It feels almost like they are personally insulted that at first he wasn't promoted as Henning's son, but went by Michael McGillicutty and when he did acknowledge his relationship he took the name Curtis Axel in honor of his father (curtis from curt) and his grandfather (Larry the Ax Henning). I still get the sense that they want him using his legal/real outside the ring name for his role, and anything else is a slap in the face to their intelligence and smarkdom? smarkness? so they try and look for faults in his work both in ring and promos so they can spread it on.
You don't get that same sense about how people react to Ryback or Bray Wyatt or any of the others. Heck, they just released a statement where a bunch of NXT people were renamed for no real reason. Even some one like Fandango doesn't get the heat Axel gets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back