• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Report: Arrest Warrant For Heath Slater?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to a story at wrestlinginc.com, first reported by prowrestling.net, there's an active arrest warrant out for Heath Slater stemming from an alleged assault on a from an assault of a woman named Corine Oliver at a WrestleMania after party back in 2011. According to the site, FOX-5 out of Atlanta, Georgia, there's an active warrant out for Slater's arrest.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/1203/585385/heath-slater-warrant/

If any of this is true whatsoever, then it's future endeavor time for Slater.

As per WWE they will fire first and let it play out second. Hopefully they just suspend him until this thing can play out.

I remember that story and nothing coming from it. I'm pretty sure the woman was a security guard. Surprised it could rear it ugly ginger head again but I guess if Bill Cosby's 40 year old transgressions can bite him in his ass so can 3 year old Heath Slater violations.

I doubt he gets canned for this. It was pretty well documented back then and he survived with no apparent punishment. Oh well.

Is this just a time when allegations from years ago rear their heads again?

I don't think wwe is going to do anything drastic. Again, this was a long time ago. It's not like he's doing anything anyway, so they could always dispose of him quietly and no one would care.

So this will stop him from what? Teaming with Titus O' Neil and Hornswoggle? This happened years ago, and has no bearing on his career. This is probably just him losing to El Torito a few more times.

IF found guilty, Slater will be sacked.
If found not guilty, he will remain employed.
It is possible, and highly likely, that he is removed from tv until the matter is resolved, as mud sticks unfortunately, and the WWE will be pressured by media outlets to not promote him 'just in case' (despite innocent until proven guilty) - the same media outlets that NEVER apologise for demonising someone after they are proved wrong.
But since Slater is rarely used on tv at the moment (and when he is, it's usually throwaway roles), I doubt we will much notice.

Didn't they just come out with a new domestic abuse rule, even though this doesn't come under it, I'm imaging they won't look too kindly on it.

One question I have is, why did she wait so long to file this action, it's not like he's gotten any further up the ladder in the last 3 years? Anyway, if he's found guilty then he's probably gone and if not then he stays employed, under the next round of budget cuts.

Didn't they just come out with a new domestic abuse rule, even though this doesn't come under it, I'm imaging they won't look too kindly on it.

One question I have is, why did she wait so long to file this action, it's not like he's gotten any further up the ladder in the last 3 years? Anyway, if he's found guilty then he's probably gone and if not then he stays employed, under the next round of budget cuts.

So, WWE have a new domestic abuse rule.

I bet "Stone Cold" Steve Austin was glad that didn't exist when he wrestled.

WWE will fire him for sure. When Emma was caught for stealing (not exactly stealing) a stuff that worth $25, WWE fired her immediately. But after they found her off guilty they reassigned her again.

But I don't think they'll reassign Heath if he's found guilty. He's just stuffing the locker room and guess what nobody cares about him anymore.

Anyone not thinking that Slater's job is in jeopardy right now needs to remember the time we're living in right now is different than it even was a few years ago (when the alleged incident happened). The Ray Rice incident changed things. Look what happened there. That incident happens. The NFL basically slaps him on the wrist and sweeps it under the rug. Then the video comes out and it becomes a PR nightmare for everyone involved in that wrist slapping.

No company wants to deal with something like that.

The Bill Cosby story. Jian Gomeshi for those up in Canada. A prominent sports writer for the Denver Post was just fired for inappropriate messages to a woman on Twitter. You can bet that a publicly traded company like the WWE does not want to be included in those stories, or be seen as a company that isn't proactive in situations like this. Especially if they stand by Slater, and then evidence that he's guilty comes out. Especially right after CM Punk's relevations about their doctor and apparent lack of concern for the health and well being of their talent.

It's not fair. Heath Slater is innocent until proven guilty. Anyone can make accusations against anyone, whether there's a basis for them or not. But in the times we live in, it will potentially cost the WWE far more to keep him, than it will to let him go, and they have to ask themselves... is Heath Slater worth the risk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back