Rep for Short film ideas

Mr. Truth

Real American Hero
I've run out of them. I need to come up with a halfway decent script i can film on zero budget over my 4 week break. Rep for good ideas.

I don't have any ideas for you, but I do have a way you can go about getting ideas: Hit up your library for newspapers and research stories from around the world (the ones that only take up about a quarter or half of a column). Wes Craven got the idea for A Nightmare on Elm Street by reading an article about numerous members of a Cambodian immigrant community in LA (I think it was LA) dying unexpectedly in their sleep.

Combine the weird and unexplained with your imagination...you'll go far.

2 fine topless ladies driving a Mac truck around while smoking a blunt, discussing varies topics like Bacon, doorknobs and Legos for a good 5 minutes, utilize a bunch of hip ass camera angles and BAM the awards will start flowing in.

I don't have any ideas for you, but I do have a way you can go about getting ideas: Hit up your library for newspapers and research stories from around the world (the ones that only take up about a quarter or half of a column). Wes Craven got the idea for A Nightmare on Elm Street by reading an article about numerous members of a Cambodian immigrant community in LA (I think it was LA) dying unexpectedly in their sleep.

Combine the weird and unexplained with your imagination...you'll go far.
I'll get you once I spread some rep.

I've done that before when I needed an idea for a feature length. When I do something like that I tend to get ideas that would take about 30 minutes just to get going. I'm aiming for about 10 minute run time for this. Thanks anyways.

2 fine topless ladies driving a Mac truck around while smoking a blunt, discussing varies topics like Bacon, doorknobs and Legos for a good 5 minutes, utilize a bunch of hip ass camera angles and BAM the awards will start flowing in.
I'm not looking to get any AVN awards. Maybe enter something in a local film festival or two.

Make a film about brainwashing, containing lots of "Artsy" camera angles and symbolism, and have this song play a major role in it:

Make a film about brainwashing, containing lots of "Artsy" camera angles and symbolism, and have this song play a major role in it:
I have no budget. Can't use copyrighted stuff. But I'm gonna add something about brainwashing to my idea list.

Барбоса;2662999 said:
Go read some Barbosa RPs in WZCW
I'd never really do anything related to wrestling. Aronofsky made it impossible to make anything wrestling related and not seem like shit in comparison.

Religious Fanatics vs Aliens or Zombies
Maybe something about the aftermath of the rapture, except only Atheists ascended and religious people were left on Earth. And just for kicks Jewish Zombies. Could work as a short comedy since zombies are easy to do on no budget.

Señor Truth;2663005 said:
I'd never really do anything related to wrestling. Aronofsky made it impossible to make anything wrestling related and not seem like shit in comparison.

I didn't mean the wrestling side. The psychological games that happen inside his head should be committed to film

Señor Truth;2663009 said:
Maybe something about the aftermath of the rapture, except only Atheists ascended and religious people were left on Earth. And just for kicks Jewish Zombies. Could work as a short comedy since zombies are easy to do on no budget.

Nice. I was thinking about a Clint Eastwood style priest travelling around blowing zombie's heads off. Or Al Qaeda bravely fighting off an alien invasion. But thats why your the short film maker and I am not.

Барбоса;2663013 said:
I didn't mean the wrestling side. The psychological games that happen inside his head should be committed to film
I couldn't pull that off.

Nice. I was thinking about a Clint Eastwood style priest travelling around blowing zombie's heads off. Or Al Qaeda bravely fighting off an alien invasion. But thats why your the short film maker and I am not.
As some sort of big budget action flick, that'd work. The first one at least. I could see someone like Guillermo del Toro pull that off. Replace Clint Eastwood with Hellboy. The second one would never get green lit.

You could totally make a short film based on the general premise of the Reaper's Game from The World Ends With You.

http://twewy.wikia.com/wiki/Reaper's_Game

Basic plot, but then you make it all stylish and artistic and urban and such.

TWEWY would make an awesome movie.
I played the hell out of that game when it came out. I do think it would make a cool feature. It would take a budget to pull that off though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back