Remembering The Wrestling:Ricky Steamboat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any007

Occasional Pre-Show
rickysteamboat_nwa.jpg

Richard Henry Blood (born February 28, 1953),better known by his ring name Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, is an American professional wrestler who is one of the most well-known professional wrestlers of the late 1980s and early 1990s. He is currently signed to WWE working as a road agent. He was well-known among wrestling fans as being one of the few wrestlers who stayed a babyface throughout his lengthy career. He is best known for his work with the American Wrestling Association (AWA), the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA), World Championship Wrestling (WCW), and the World Wrestling Federation (WWF).

So what you think of him?

1986 finished 1st and 3rd in Pro Wrestling Illustrated's Match of the year award with 2 of 3 matches against Ric Flair. The finest group of pure wrestling matches you will ever see...

Ricky Steamboat inspired lots of performers including-

Evan Bourne-uses his arm drags has said on the dvd of Ricky Steamboat that his arm drag is "straight from the dragon"

REy Mysterio-mentioned in his book

Kofi Kingston-quote from wwe magazine "He mixes martial arts and highflying I instantly became a fan.

Chris Jericho: mentioned in his book

What Do I think of him?

Arguably....the greatest technical chain wrestler of all time!

Could go for over an hour and not miss a beat!!

Every match was a classic!

How about showing up at Wrestlemania 24 to wrestle Chris Jericho and come back the next night on Monday night Raw in I believe an 8 man tag match with the crowd chanting "You Still Got It!!" The man could flat out perform any night of the week....The match at Wrestlemania III vs Savage so Awesome....

Wasn't the most charismatic guy or the best on the mic. But The Dragon NEVER had a bad match.

Legendary feuds with Jake, Savage, Flair, Luger, The Enforcers, Steve Austin, Rick Rude, all great 5 star matches.

Watching him again against Jericho was just freaking awesome, the man could out-perform 90% of the WWF today, even if he was in a wheelchair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back