Remembering the Shows:Lizzie McGuire

Any007

Occasional Pre-Show
This is a show that I watched and enjoyed during growing up.This was on at a time when Disney Channel was at it's best.

Sbgfghth.jpg

Lizzie McGuire is a Disney Channel Original Series that aired on the Disney Channel from January 12, 2001, until February 14, 2004, for a total of two seasons. Its target demographic was preteens and adolescents. The series was created by Terri Minsky.

The show's mixed media format stood out from the rest of the Disney Channel's programming of the time and, in essence, became the channel's flagship and definitive show of the early 2000s.The show's producer Stan Rogow says the visual look of the show was partly inspired by Run Lola Run.Production was completed in 2002 after the show fulfilled its 65 episode order.

So what you think of the show?

I quite enjoyed watching Lizzie McGuire as a child. It made me contemplate what life being a pre-teen/teen would be like and if it would end up being just as dramatic. While I found humor in the show, I felt like it paled in comparison to other Disney Channel shows like Even Stevens which I found funnier. Although there could be some bias in my opinion since I didn't really care for Hilary Duff as an actress until she did her Cadet Kelly movie (which I personally found to be my favorite work with her as the main star).

I look back very fondly on this show. It had characters you could relate to and several entertaining episodes. I was upset when it went off the air because it would have been cool to see it go on for a few more seasons, to see what happened as the kids entered high school. They still had endless possibilities for episodes and it would have likely continued to do well. The only thing I disliked about the show was the extremely cheesy intro. Not gonna lie, I had a bit of a crush on Lizzie at one point. Her character that is, not Hilary Duff herself.

Lizzie McGuire was horrible, quite frankly. Does that mean I didn't watch it? Nope. I watched that shit every time it came on, from start to finish.

Looking back on it now though, it was terrible, to be honest. It used all of the old clichéd lines and angles that every other pre-teen drama/comedy used and uses consistently. Still, the way it was given to us was what set it apart and I quite enjoyed it when I watched it. It was a good mix of comedy and teenage situations that will grip anyone of my age when I was watching it.

Looking back on it though, it was never anything special. Even Stevens was much better and Lizzie McGuire always seemed to get a better record than that particular show. It was fine for what it was and that is all it needed it to be, in all honesty. The world wont remember Lizzie McGuire in 20 years time and perhaps it shouldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back