Ref vs Ref

Dr. Mantis Toboggan, M.D.

Dog The Bounty Hunter
Last night I was watching the Invasion ppv from 2001 and I had forgot about the Earl Hebner vs Nick Patrick match. Such a strange concept that was. It was the first time I had seen the ppv since it came to video back in 2001. Very lackluster card aside from RVD vs Hardy but I wont get into that here. Has this angle ever been done prior to Invasion by any company? What did you think of the match and concept of it all?

Last night I was watching the Invasion ppv from 2001 and I had forgot about the Earl Hebner vs Nick Patrick match. Such a strange concept that was. It was the first time I had seen the ppv since it came to video back in 2001. Very lackluster card aside from RVD vs Hardy but I wont get into that here. Has this angle ever been done prior to Invasion by any company? What did you think of the match and concept of it all?

Yeah, but that's one of the greatest matches of all-time, so... :shrug:

WWE's one ref with the feathered blonde hair annoys the undead, infernal shit out of me.

Ahahaha I can never forget him sprinting down that long-assed ramp at Mania 17 during the Taker H match.

I actually watched that PPV last night too and skipped the refs match. The build up video was cringe-worthy enough.

It was funny during the Hardy - RVD match that the only bad thing about RVD they were saying was that he had an ego and played to the fans and cameras.

Also, I miss Tajiri.

The buzzsaw kick was absolutely brutal looking/sounding. Was my Smackdown vs Raw finisher for a long time.

I hated the RVD-Hardy Ladder match. It had some cool spots and all but man. It started off good, mainly because Jeff was (for once) seemingly trying to do something other than just spots for the sake of doing spots. Then they just said fuck it and it became a mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back