• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Recent Indy PPVs

Cena's #1 In My Heart

Getting Noticed By Management
I went to download that FWE Ready to Rumble or whatever it was called show, seen a bunch of other iPPVs that seemed recent as well. PWS Supershow, House of Hardcore 2, and yeah.. Best in the World 2013.

Watched half of Best in the World 2013 so far, this being my first ROH viewing since the HDNet days and Tyler Black vs Davey Richards in Black's last match. I still say ROH probably has the most cutting edge wrestling after what I've seen so far... American Wolves looked great as usual, some new team with black dudes... Adrenaline Rush... looked really good and promising as far as potential.

Another match on that show so far, Michael Elgin and The Scilian Physcopath... I can't even remember how to get close to writing his name properly. Well they are both "bigger" guys for ROH.. and they both tore the house down.. kind of reminded me of a Masato Tanaka vs Mike Awesome from One Night Stand... possible show stealer there. Just a physical brawl with the typical good wrestling you expect from ROH.

Anyways... enough of ROH... Anyone get a chance to check out the PWS show.. I didn't really care to watch any of it, especially since the download I was watching just had no commentary... but I did manage to stumble upon a Hardcore Scramble for night one featuring Tommy Dreamer, Necro Butcher, New Jack, some fat dudes and a random skinny white dude. This was kind of fun, getting chaotic towards the back of the arena and just taking out rows of chairs. This match also set up a match for Night 2 of the show which featured New Jack's retirement against Necro Butcher.. New Jack said he was going to fuck Necro up and that Necro had been ducking him.

Night 2 comes... I find extreme joy.. in this extremely violent match. It had been a while since I seen some real hardcore wrestling.. maybe since TNA's Hardcore Justice PPV with the ECW guys and the Dreamer/Raven match. New Jack's got some wolverine type claws he uses that look dangerous. Not to mention a staple gun duel, more rows of seating getting destroyed, ring barriers... and a ridiculous florusecent light bulb spot to finish it off. Not to mention New Jacks music played through the whole match, and when it did stop the crowd bitched to get it going again, and then cheered.

Just a fun violent hardcore match that the crowd really enjoyed and some quality wrestling from ROH so far from these Indy Shows I felt like getting into.

Still going to check out the 2nd half of ROH, House of Hardcore 2, and FWE's Rumble iPPV.

If I feel excited by what I've seen.. chances are I'll come back and review it a little more.

Anyone else catch any of this action yet and feel like sharing there two cents?

And Paul London is officially an indy boss.

Dude enters an arena with music/look/atmosphere of having just returned to earth after landing on the moon and starts high fiving and running around through the crowd... for a long time.. I love it. It's like your living in this moment that could go on forever.

Not to mention he looks super sharp in the ring right now. Might be one of the best free agents out there.

He was in House of Hardcore 2 and FWE Ready to Rumble 2. I enjoyed his FWE match more which was against Akio Yang, Jimmy Wang Yang. Who also blew my mind with his ability to play a heel and a face in the same night by returning during the Royal Rumble with flying elvis. And when I say he played a heel, he was THE standout heel of the night.

I want to see the recent PWS ppvs. That is the best Indy promotion and better than ROH in my opinion! Very fun, exciting. Can't wait to get the pws boxest for 2012.

I'm a big fan of FWE because they understand what they are, and they do it really well. Most indy promotions try to focus on building their own talent, rather than bringing in tons of "big names" to fill the card. Which is great, dont' get me wrong. If ROH was full of Matt Hardy's, I'd never watch it in a million years. Not that I do now consistently, or anything, but I digress...

FWE is all about the former WWE and TNA guys. They have their mainstays, but even they - Carlito, John Morrison, etc. - are all pretty established names. It's because they're not trying to be a territory, they're just trying to put on a fun wrestling show for the family (hence the name) and make some money for everyone. And they do alright, from what I understand.

I haven't seen WELCOME TO THE RUMBLE 2 yet, which is the correct name, but the card looked awesome. I heard Matt Striker showed up and did commentary, which really intrigued me. Guess those 90-day clauses don't count if the contract expires? I've always been a big Paul London and Brian Kendrick fan, so I try and follow wherever they go. I'm looking forward to the ROH Title tournament, because I'm hoping we get a London/Kendrick match at some point. Hell, the final round would be epic, and I'd love to see one of them come back to ROH as a full-time talent and carry the ball for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back