• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reason For TNA's rating drops on taped show??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan420

Dark Match Winner
This is my first thread so bare with me....

Ok, does anyone notice that Impact's ratings always seem to get way low on the taped show? The point of this threat is to discuss possible reasons for this.
My opinion is the most obvious of all, ITS PRE TAPED A WEEK BEFORE. TNA needs to start going live every week because as everyone says, most of TNA's fanbase is the IWC, and hello, they are on the internet, they are gonna look at the spoilers. Now im not speaking for everyone because i dont read them, I wait for it to air. Also I think TNA should have an Impact outside of the Impact Zone to give it a bigger feel, and if that is successful maybe start having one a month or somthing. They can even keep it in Orlando, just get out of Universal Studios. Plus they can make more money with that because fans pay to get in the Park not to watch the wrestling shows. But there is one problem with all this, the wrestlers would have to travel every week to do TV when now they only have to travel every other week. ( I know they do house shows, but most of the top names dont appear at them). To me TNA is never gonna grow unless they travel more and expand, problem is thats why alot of wrestlers like to work there cuz of the light traveling.

Thought?

IMO it's mostly be because of spoilers I don't see much point In watching something if you know what happens it makes it really boring and theres no surprises.
I can't think of any other reasin it would drop.

yeah, the spoilers are the big reason, if not the only. I avoid the spoilers because I don't want to have to choose between a show I all ready know the outcome of and....-cringe- Hornswoggle buttfucking John Cena for the kiddies. The best thing about NOT reading the spoilers is I have no fucking clue which is taped and which isn't lol

This is my first thread so bare with me....

Ok, does anyone notice that Impact's ratings always seem to get way low on the taped show? The point of this threat is to discuss possible reasons for this.
My opinion is the most obvious of all, ITS PRE TAPED A WEEK BEFORE. TNA needs to start going live every week because as everyone says, most of TNA's fanbase is the IWC, and hello, they are on the internet, they are gonna look at the spoilers. Now im not speaking for everyone because i dont read them, I wait for it to air. Also I think TNA should have an Impact outside of the Impact Zone to give it a bigger feel, and if that is successful maybe start having one a month or somthing. They can even keep it in Orlando, just get out of Universal Studios. Plus they can make more money with that because fans pay to get in the Park not to watch the wrestling shows. But there is one problem with all this, the wrestlers would have to travel every week to do TV when now they only have to travel every other week. ( I know they do house shows, but most of the top names dont appear at them). To me TNA is never gonna grow unless they travel more and expand, problem is thats why alot of wrestlers like to work there cuz of the light traveling.

Thought?

You are a Fucking Idiot! Before you decide to write your opinion in a forum read around at other threads that contain the very same information you just said but re-worded. In order to make money, you have to have to have money. TNA has invested so much money into these "Big" Stars that they don't have the financial resources to go on the road live every week or even once a month. Going live in (any Arena) cost alot more than running a house show. Money TNA can't be certain to spend because of there Financial state at this time. They may have been able to do it before the overhaul with Hogan and EZE but not now.

2nd off. The people who get into the park are not the people who want to see TNA. Yes the Universal Studios park goers check it out but its in the minority. You dont have to be in the park to check out TNA. Those who are in the park are usually season pass holders who use the park entrance to get a better spot in line for TNA becuase it is first come first serve. Those people can play in the park whenever so they show up at 5:30pm and get a spot in line. There true wrestling fans not Universal fucktwads.

3rd. You said many of the top stars don't attend house shows. Well please pass me some bud Mr.420 because I'd love to live a day in your high life. (RVD, Hardy, Pope, Sting, Nash, JJ, Beer Money, Abyss, Hall, EZE, 3D, Matt Morgan, not to mention Hogan) These people have all attended house shows and everyone with the exception of hogan and EZE do it regularly. Who isn't the big name here. Tell me what I'm missing.

4th. This may have been the only thing I can slightly agree with you on. Yes its a lighter schedule and not so much traveling like WWE. [But you can also do drugs and get arrested with no repercussions. You don't have to be Teabagged by vince to get a push. You have alot more say in your character as well. TNA's greatest strenghts may also be there ultimate weakness. Only time will tell.

And LAST but certainly not least. Your SIg is a fucking disgrace to many many many people who have died fighting for this country. :banghead:

It's pretty simple. When Raw does something big, like the Draft, TNA gets hammered. It will be that way for quite some time..maybe until TNA is out of business (don't get me wrong, I root for TNA, competition is good for the wrestling business as a whole). WWE is the more established company...by a longgg shot. There may be a big divide among the IWC, but there are a lot general fans of wrestling out there. If they see something big like the Draft going on, my guess would be they are going to stick with Raw (especially seeing TNA has a replay on Thursday).

It's really not that complicated as to why their tv ratings drop big time during a big WWE show. More people watch WWE as it is, so when they do something really big, like the Draft, there's probably not much channel surfing going on.

Tna not being live and the raw draft killed tna this week. Taped shows = spoilers from the internet which most fans of tna are from the IWC. Also The Raw draft which is huge. Even if TNA was live this week the ratings probably would have gone down still but not as bad.

You are a Fucking Idiot! Before you decide to write your opinion in a forum read around at other threads that contain the very same information you just said but re-worded. In order to make money, you have to have to have money. TNA has invested so much money into these "Big" Stars that they don't have the financial resources to go on the road live every week or even once a month. Going live in (any Arena) cost alot more than running a house show. Money TNA can't be certain to spend because of there Financial state at this time. They may have been able to do it before the overhaul with Hogan and EZE but not now.

2nd off. The people who get into the park are not the people who want to see TNA. Yes the Universal Studios park goers check it out but its in the minority. You dont have to be in the park to check out TNA. Those who are in the park are usually season pass holders who use the park entrance to get a better spot in line for TNA becuase it is first come first serve. Those people can play in the park whenever so they show up at 5:30pm and get a spot in line. There true wrestling fans not Universal fucktwads.

3rd. You said many of the top stars don't attend house shows. Well please pass me some bud Mr.420 because I'd love to live a day in your high life. (RVD, Hardy, Pope, Sting, Nash, JJ, Beer Money, Abyss, Hall, EZE, 3D, Matt Morgan, not to mention Hogan) These people have all attended house shows and everyone with the exception of hogan and EZE do it regularly. Who isn't the big name here. Tell me what I'm missing.

4th. This may have been the only thing I can slightly agree with you on. Yes its a lighter schedule and not so much traveling like WWE. [But you can also do drugs and get arrested with no repercussions. You don't have to be Teabagged by vince to get a push. You have alot more say in your character as well. TNA's greatest strenghts may also be there ultimate weakness. Only time will tell.

And LAST but certainly not least. Your SIg is a fucking disgrace to many many many people who have died fighting for this country. :banghead:

Homeboy..you need to watch the language. I don't see you lasting much longer on these forums...

And as far as the low ratings go. Yes I do think it's the spoilers. However I also think the WWE draft had a bit to do with it. I mean WWE isn't very captivating right now (i say that mainly because people do channel flip from TNA to WWE) but the concept of the draft has always done great things for WWE. The NIGHT of the show anyways :lmao: (I mean they drafted Khali to Raw...isn't Khali LEAVING/GONE already? Waste of a draft...and Batista #1 contender? BAHAHA..anyone smell a loser leave WWE match coming up?)

But the fact that the show is taped, wwe draft is on etc makes it so your numbers drop. Hopefully with RVD at the helm more people will start tuning in and giving TNA a legit shot because competition brings out the best in all companies involved especially for the WWE fan.

Raw did a 3.1 this week. About the same as last week. They would have done way better if they didn't go 3 hours. The first hour was the lowest rated part of the show. But they would have got around a 3.3 with out that first hour. So TNA lost .5 in the ratings and Raw gained .2 in the ratings from last week. I think this problem has alot to do with spoilers. More people didn't watch TNA then what Raw gained. But point is. If you want to be surprised don't read the spoilers, have self control. I was really wanted to know what happened but I just waited.

Also I'm with Joshwa52, the sig is a slap in the face to all the firefighters who died that day. To think that 9-11 was some kind of set up is just crazy. But this is the internet and America so you can believe what you want.

And LAST but certainly not least. Your SIg is a fucking disgrace to many many many people who have died fighting for this country.

Granted there are other threads where the ops question could have been asked, but do you seriously think your reaction to this oversight on his part is proportionate?

And just to further embarrass you;

The 9/11 truth movement was started and is predominately run by victims family members (90% of them), first responders who survived (heroes in their own right) and ex military who served over seas during this "war on terror".

The op seems to be accidentally ignorant of his mistake - you are ignorant by choice it seems.

Op;

Spoilers seems to be the accepted reason for the drop in ratings and I go along with that whole heartidly. Sad thing about the spoiler articles is they seem not to be just describing whats happening but they have all types of spin attached to them, suiting whichever agenda or axe to grind the writer has. Given that its the internet you can bet your ass its one or the other, or both

i am big tna fan i always watch it insted of raw ,hell i didnt watch raw much even when tna was still on thursdays, but this week with the draft and tna being a taped show i read the spoilers to make sure there wasnt anything i couldnt miss ,i then watched raw. yes ,impact being taped this week caused it to get destroyed in the ratings,the ratings always seem to be lower on taped shows and it went up against one of raws bigger shows of the year . if they would have been live this week i think the ratings would have been better and if i would have known how bad raw was going to be and how uneventfull the draft was i would have watched impact as i normally do.

Raw only scored a 3.1, even with the extra hour, and being the Big Yearly Draft. That's not too impressive considering they were averaging about 3.5 about a year ago. I don't read the spoilers for TNA, so I guess I'm part of that .5 last night. Another problem with being taped is that with summer aproaching, more people are going to be doing stuff outside, especially when they know what's happened.

would it not be of benefit for tna to get rid of the non paying audience and fill it with extras, they could manipulate the audience reactions (get rid of the 'lets put ourselves over crew') and limit the chances of spoilers being leaked. As an aside i think its the general quality of the show thats the problem not spoilers, if the show was good enough spoilers would drive an audience in the same way it does to soap operas

Did I just sign on the MSNBC/FOX NEWS debate forum or is this a wrestling forum on TNA's failure to draw a decent rating? Just curious. I haven't seen this much politics since Kevin Nash booked himself to beat Goldberg. Is I.R.S. moderating this forum? Just wondering.

Anyway, TNA does have a lot of talent at its house shows. I've been to one recently, and they did have many of the bigger names in the company. By the way, I highly recommend it even to those who hate TNA but want to see a good wrestling show. And I don't think that taping outside the Impact Zone is really a feasible idea right now considering that TNA is anteing up on the talent and not showing the ratings on TV.

Personally, I think that TNA had several things going against it: 1) Raw was three hours this week. So, it didn't have the hour advantage like it had the last few weeks. 2) It was the WWE Draft show and therefore, there was a lot of discussion as to who was going where. 3) TNA had a taped show. So, anyone with a computer and access to a great website... like wrestlezone.com (Foley cheap pop)... knew their results. 4) TNA has a replay on Thursday Night. This means that TNA fans that may have watched their show may have decided to turn the channel or have put up a middle finger and decided to wait til Thursday. While I continue to believe that TNA is putting out a great TV product, it just isn't showing in the ratings on a week to week basis. Maybe they need to ride out the storm a little more and see how the next few weeks do when they do have the hour advantage.

But to be honest right now, if I were Dixie Carter, Hogan, and Bischoff, this rating would concern me. And no amount of "wait until Thursday, TiVo, and iTunes or whatever" would change that. This was their baby, their big salvo to go head to head with Vince McMahon. Of course TNA was going to do bad in the ratings some weeks, but a .5 isn't exactly something to sneeze at.

I think TNA waived the white flag on mondays when they went back to the thursday replays. The replay option makes there pretty much no difference between watching monday or thursday on taped weeks. So whenever there is something theoretically interesting on monday (draft show is entertaining?) then TNA is going to put up some low numbers on taped shows. Aside from being a little embarrassing I doubt they were not prepared for this. IMO they now just want to make sure people get a chance to see their product and hope it catches on.

This week did not seem like a success for wwe either. Coming off a PPV and this supposedly interesting 3-hour raw got almost no spike in ratings even though a below average amount of wrestling fans watched TNA. When MNF comes around both companies might be swallowing some more pride.

World's most obvious answer here. It's lower because the iMPACT is taped and people can find out what happened before the show airs, hence the lower rating. The end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back