• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Real-Life Heel Turns

kikiros

Dark Match Jobber
So, like everyone else I watched LeBron James rip the hearts out of every sports fan in Cleveland, and pretty much any city not named "Miami" last week. "The Decision" is being widely compared in the mainstream press to a pro wrestling heel turn similar to Hogan at Bash at the Beach.

My question is this: What are some other similar "heel turns" that have happened in the world of sports or otherwise?

example: Farve turning heel on Green Bay, the fan base that loved him for so long, signing with the Vikings, their hated rival.

There are many others, but I don't want to steal anyone's thunder. Your thoughts?

I'm not sure if this is in the right thread, but for me the biggest heel turn has to be Tiger Woods. From just one Thanksgiving, the biggest and beloved icon in sports today turn into the biggest joke and bad guy. I consider Tiger heel turn similar to Hollywood Rock in 2003.

I think the football/soccer player Thierry Henry would be a good example for this.

After being idolised as the epitome of a sporting role-model and a great example of fair play during his time at Arsenal, Henry went from hero to villian with his disgraceful act of cheating which cost the Republic of Ireland the chance to play at this years world cup finals. His blatant hand ball completely changed his image in the public eye and everyone loved it when France fked up at the World Cup and went home early.

I used to think Henry would never do something like that, I was shocked when it happened and it definitely changed my opinion of him.

[YOUTUBE]Vs8WWBXGiXg[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back