Reading Rainbow (AKA Bullshit About Reading)

Just started reading the Count of Monte Cristo.

This is such a great book...one of the rare instances where I actually liked that was written before the 20th century.

Also, if jmt225 reads this, I have a book to recommend to him: The Delivery Man by Joe McGinniss. This book is very similar to and almost just as good as Less Than Zero.

Killing JOke I don't think I've read. There's a very good Joker mini-series called Joker's Last Laugh where you see what Joker would be like if he killed Batman.

I've wanted to get this, but literally every bookstore that hasn't been around for 50 years has closed in the last year. I can go online, but I don't have the money to cover shipping and stuff.

Killing Joke is pretty good. It's a decent backstory for Joker, although it's not recognized as "official". The ending is pretty good as well...

Killing JOke I don't think I've read. There's a very good Joker mini-series called Joker's Last Laugh where you see what Joker would be like if he killed Batman.

Dude, you have to read The Killing Joke. It's the definitive Joker comic of all time. Brilliant stuff.

This is such a great book...one of the rare instances where I actually liked that was written before the 20th century.

Also, if jmt225 reads this, I have a book to recommend to him: The Delivery Man by Joe McGinniss. This book is very similar to and almost just as good as Less Than Zero.

Hey JMT isn't the only BEE fan on here. Any book similiar to Less Than Zero sounds like a must-read for me, Less Than Zero is a perfect novel from start to finish.

What Harthan said. World War Z is probably one of the best book's I've read lately.

World War Z is absolutely fantastic. Not only is it a damn good sci fi zombie story, it's an awesome exploration of foreign relations and how the world would react to a global crisis. The characters are so real, even though each one has only about 10 pages dedicated to them, you can relate instantly. It's honestly a must read, probably one of the best books, any genre, written this decade.

I love The Killing Joke, but for my money the best Batman series ever made was The Long Halloween, hands down. Brilliant from start to finish, and wonderful artwork. Jeph Loeb at his best.

I love The Killing Joke, but for my money the best Batman series ever made was The Long Halloween, hands down. Brilliant from start to finish, and wonderful artwork. Jeph Loeb at his best.

^^ That's the one I was thinking of :D

Do you think we have enough comic loving fans to start a thread for it? And if so where the hell would I put it.

Yeah, World War Z is being made into a movie for a reason. It'd be fantastic as a documentary, interview movie. And from what I've read of the movie production, it's no small-scale Dawn of the Dead, you see zombies stumbling along the streets. It's a full-blown, you see zombies stumbling out of the sea and countryside throwdown. What you see in your mind's eye when you read is what you'll see on your screen. Battle of Yonkers is going to be fucking crazy.

The Killing Joke is pretty damn good. I like Arkham Asylum a bit better though. Completely fucking creeptastic. My favorite, however, would have to be Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. Batman is old, he's returned, and he fucks some mutants and Joker up. Great.

I'm reading The Stand by Stephan King. It's the special extended edition thing and it's about 1200 pages. I got to the fucking halfway point and took a break because it was some heavy reading. Now it's a month later and I'm starting again but I can't remember a thing from the first half. Basically I'm screwed. Can anyone tell me if this book is worth me starting the whole thing over?

Yeah, World War Z is being made into a movie for a reason. It'd be fantastic as a documentary, interview movie. And from what I've read of the movie production, it's no small-scale Dawn of the Dead, you see zombies stumbling along the streets. It's a full-blown, you see zombies stumbling out of the sea and countryside throwdown. What you see in your mind's eye when you read is what you'll see on your screen. Battle of Yonkers is going to be fucking crazy.

It's gonna be a movie? Fuck yeah. I was thinking the other day about how awesome that'll be.

Yonkers'll be awesome if they have the budget to really pull the special effects off. Hope's gonna be an awesome scene too, just for the frikking 20 foot wall of undead.

It's gonna be a movie? Fuck yeah. I was thinking the other day about how awesome that'll be.

Yonkers'll be awesome if they have the budget to really pull the special effects off. Hope's gonna be an awesome scene too, just for the frikking 20 foot wall of undead.

Oh god, yes it is. Brad Pitt is going to be the main interview dude. I forget who is directing it, maybe the guy who's done the last few James Bond movies? I think? Probably completely wrong on the director, though. But Brad Pitt won the main role, and I think he won the rights to produce it as well. It's been going for a good 2 years or so, I believe.

Dude, people are already talking about how this will be the first real "Zombie Epic." I have never really cried at a zombie movie. I was really touched by the 28 Days Later movies, but those are rage zombies and don't count. ;) If they do this movie right, there are a lot of stories (like the Chinese kid who is left to fend for himself) and others that really touch you in the "that's sad, they're all by themselves in a world taken over by fucking zombies" way.

Awesome on my movie screen, this will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back