• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Re-Write His Evolution

S.J. Maximus

Championship Contender
Today Randy Orton is the single most polarizing superstar who is not named John Cena. People either respect him as the #2 face of the company or call him Blandy Boreton and say he's even worse than 'Super Cena'. Regardless of what side of the spectrum you're on, I've realized that almost everyone would agree that Randy Orton was great from 2002-2004, especially 2004. That being said, what happened to make you hate him so much now in 2011? Where did the WWE creative go wrong? What would you have done differently to evolve this predator? Would you have even made him the predator? Is the Viper a stupid name?

So many questions, I know, but I'm actually very curious to see what my fellow IWC members have to say about this issue. As for me, I loved Orton's evolution especially from 2008-2010 as he became a permanent top guy in the eyes of the fans. In 2010 he was actually way more over than Cena and outpopped him consistently as early as March all the way until they made him win the title which I think was in July. I wouldn't have given him the title in July. I would've continued to make him chase it, probably put over Sheamus as a top heel (like Mark Henry is currently doing) and have him beat Cena clean in numerous title defenses. I would've never made Orton pose again, smile to the camera, pander to the fans in anyway. He should've been the same exact character from 2009 just less of a coward and more of a boss. Then finally, the crowd would've popped HUGE if Orton finally beat Sheamus for the WWE Title at WM after chasing it for so long. Maybe even the returning Rock could've helped him score the victory but since Orton doesn't give a fuck he would've RKO'ed the Rock at the end, setting up Rock vs. Orton (battle of the best 3rd generation stars ever) at WM 28.

Orton is one of the guys that i actually got it right on in guessing that he would be a top guy in the WWE. The hardcore match with Foley cemented that in my mind and then he won the title a short while later. Even though Benoit was my favorite wrestler i popped big time when Orton won the title. with thet said, i wouldnt change much exceptfor the fact that i would not have taken the title off of him so quick in '04, i would have him kept it till the rumble or so, but thats just nitpicking. As far as the past couple of years goes, i wouls have essentially just kept him heel (as you said never have him playing to the fans) and if the crowd wants to cheer him let them.
I think his legacy in the end will go down much better as a heel, which frankly i could see happening in the months leading up to mania '28.
As far as facing the Rock goes, yes that will probably be a BETTER match than Rock/Cena, but it would not be a BIGGER match than Rock/Cena.
WWE is right in this one, but i can certainly see him facing Rocky at some point, I mean when he is done with Cena and still wants to wrestle a bit, who do you think he will wanna go with?
So maybe Mania '29 Orton/Rocky with Orton as the heel, that would be epic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back