• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scomvp316

Getting Noticed By Management
I will start off by saying I love wrestling and want every company to succeed
Here are some of ideas and lest see which one you guys like and which ones you might rip apart:

TNA must officially change its name and the perfect abbrev should IWC=Impact Wrestling Championship
If the rumor is true and they will secure a deal with MTV that would fit the genre perfectly
TNA says they are TV-14 but for a while now its more like PG-13 Going on MTV they might be able to push the envelope further than what Spike has allowed them to
STOP competing with WWE If you can't beat your own numbers how the hell do you expect to compete with much larger productions
Settle on your top three faces and heels and build from there You must have a #1 talent to be the face of the company
Keep the six sided ring
End tag team division and the KO You just don't have enough money
With those divisions being cut you decide the best from those divisions and keep them on Girls can still wrestle but only to further the storyline they are involved with as valets
Every match should have a winner and end count outs and DQ's You don't have to have 100 run-ins like ECW did just be creative to have a winner in every match
Stay in NYC area and maybe Viacom can secure a deal with another studio or the former ECW arena to have more than 1 location If they have 2 or 3 locations they can rotate the weekly tv shows and PPV's They don't have enough money to run around the country
END live events because going in mid-level arenas that house 5,000 and you can't get 1,000 seats filled thats a huge problem

Interesting ideas. Yet I don't think TNA needs to change its name to get another TV deal. You mentioned them possibly landing on MTV. I doubt that would go over well. While I don't watch MTV, I'm aware of some of the shows they air, and wrestling doesn't seem like it meshes with their current programming. But hey, if WWE can air on Syfy, it's possible. The sides of the ring really doesn't matter; if you like what's happening in the ring, then the type of ring is irrelevant. What really stuck out was ending the tag and KO division. That might not be wise. The talent pool has dwindled, but there's still enough KO's to keep the division competitive, and they could take some mid-carders like Anderson and Gunner and build the team from the ground up. For venues, TNA is or should be aware they're not selling out huge arenas. They could go the route of ROH, going to armories, gyms, and the like. From the looks of recent Impacts the Ballroom had great turnouts. And lastly TNA doesn't need to compete with any other promotion. All they need is to make their own niche.

Interesting ideas. Yet I don't think TNA needs to change its name to get another TV deal. You mentioned them possibly landing on MTV. I doubt that would go over well. While I don't watch MTV, I'm aware of some of the shows they air, and wrestling doesn't seem like it meshes with their current programming. But hey, if WWE can air on Syfy, it's possible. The sides of the ring really doesn't matter; if you like what's happening in the ring, then the type of ring is irrelevant. What really stuck out was ending the tag and KO division. That might not be wise. The talent pool has dwindled, but there's still enough KO's to keep the division competitive, and they could take some mid-carders like Anderson and Gunner and build the team from the ground up. For venues, TNA is or should be aware they're not selling out huge arenas. They could go the route of ROH, going to armories, gyms, and the like. From the looks of recent Impacts the Ballroom had great turnouts. And lastly TNA doesn't need to compete with any other promotion. All they need is to make their own niche.

I agree with everything you've said.

MTV has tried having a wrestling program (anybody remember Wrestling Society X) before but I don't think they were ever fully invested in it, which would probably be the same case with TNA.

I will start off by saying I love wrestling and want every company to succeed
Here are some of ideas and lest see which one you guys like and which ones you might rip apart:

TNA must officially change its name and the perfect abbrev should IWC=Impact Wrestling Championship

The name should change but it should be storyline based. If they really are changing networks this is the time to do it. Pull a Shane Douglas and have someone win the belt live on the last episode on Spike and basically renounce TNA and their title. Introduce a new title.

IWC is fine as a name but if they are fully renouncing they should drop all reference to TNA and Impact in general.
If the rumor is true and they will secure a deal with MTV that would fit the genre perfectly
TNA says they are TV-14 but for a while now its more like PG-13 Going on MTV they might be able to push the envelope further than what Spike has allowed them to

I doubt it. MTV probably has a wider range of demographics than Spike. I don't think their female and tween audience want envelope pushing. Maybe on the sex side but not on the violence side.

STOP competing with WWE If you can't beat your own numbers how the hell do you expect to compete with much larger productions

I think this stopped about two years ago. TNA has appeared to just be trying to keep their head above water and grow, I don't think supplanting WWE has been the image they have tried to sell for a while.

Settle on your top three faces and heels and build from there You must have a #1 talent to be the face of the company

Easier said than done. I'm sure TNA would love to ride six guys in to the future. The problem is that they can't find one guy let alone six that hold their audience.

Keep the six sided ring

Agreed. It is more eye catching for the channel flippers.

End tag team division and the KO You just don't have enough money

With those divisions being cut you decide the best from those divisions and keep them on Girls can still wrestle but only to further the storyline they are involved with as valets

This is a tough one. I'm totally on board with scrapping the KOs. I don't think they can hold an audience or draw. A tag team division is the same way. The problem is that the tag team division is a gateway to building stars. Tag teams, like managers, help protect the wrestlers who are missing or developing certain skills but are still worth putting on TV.

Every match should have a winner and end count outs and DQ's You don't have to have 100 run-ins like ECW did just be creative to have a winner in every match

Meh. It is easy to say 'just be creative', but it is really hard to be creative. Especially when you can't rely on the occasional count out or DQ.

Stay in NYC area and maybe Viacom can secure a deal with another studio or the former ECW arena to have more than 1 location If they have 2 or 3 locations they can rotate the weekly tv shows and PPV's They don't have enough money to run around the country
END live events because going in mid-level arenas that house 5,000 and you can't get 1,000 seats filled thats a huge problem

I don't know. Picking one of the most expensive cities in the world sounds expensive. Just because it gets you a better fan response on TV or at the gate doesn't mean it makes up for the arena cost. I have no idea how the numbers work out or if you could continue to pull a strong gate in the same city. If it is feasible to do a few locations I would play that up on TV and almost pit the cities against each other. Have "plants" in the audience cut promos against the other city leading to a match between the "plants".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back