Rd. 2 Ironman - El Santo (MEX) vs Chris Benoit (CAN)

El Santo vs Chris Benoit, 45-minute Ironman

• El Santo

• Chris Benoit

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
El Santo (MEX) vs Chris Benoit (CAN)

This is a second round Ironman Match in the 2010 Wrestlezolympics. As a second round match, the match will last 45 minutes, and the competitor with the most falls in that time will win. If the score is tied after 45 minutes, sudden death overtime will ensue following a 45-second rest period. First fall will win from there. This match is contested under otherwise normal rules - if a wrestler is disqualified or counted-out, they will lose a fall.

The match will open for discussion on Wednesday, February 3rd, and voting will begin on Thursday, February 4th. This is a non-spam thread, so if you decide to post, you must provide reasons why you are backing a particular wrestler. You may vote without posting.

I don't know to much about this El Santo guy but I was a huge Chris Benoit fan. The man was a machine in the ring. His endurance and stamina was some of the best. Regardless of whatever this El Santo guy has accomplished I think Chris Benoit will win.

Benoit beat just about every major name during his tenure in the WWE. I see this match being all about endurance and Benoit was one of the toughest guys. I think he would just wear Santo out for the first 20 minutes and then begin to pick up falls. Benoit would just outlast Santo. I see him winning by 2 or 3 falls by the end of this match.

El Santo was an iconic figure in Mexico and was one of the people who made wrestling so popular down there. He was a technically proficiant wrestler who was a perennial good guy threwout his career that spanned five decades. Benoit who is also a technically sound wrestler ensures that this is going to be 45 minutes of intense back and forth action. In the end I'm voting for Benoit in what could almost be concidered an upset with 3 falls to 2 due to Benoits slightly more aggressive nature.

Hmmm, as ever El Santo is losing a match because people aren't able to reserve from voting if they don't know who he is. Well let me tell you. El Santo is a man that spent his entire career winning 2 out of 3 falls matches. They might not be iron man matches, but they were certainly long. He was a sustained main eventer for 40 years, Benoit was a main eventer for less than 40 weeks. Santo might never of had Benoit's technical ability, but neither did half the people who beat him on a regular basis during the attitude era. Santo is probably the second biggest national draw in wrestling history after Rikidozan in Japan, and there is no way he would lose to Chris Benoit. Benoit never beat the very biggest names of his era, and Santo was one of the biggest names ever.

I went with Benoit as I believe this is in Canada. With that being said, Benoit is going to have the home court advantage, which I think pushes him over in a very close match. This would be most interesting indeed and would certainly go to three falls, but I'd go with Benoit on a fluke win, not the Crossface.

I went with Santo here. No for his own submission abilities, but for the simple fact that I don't see him tapping out. He lost very few matches throughout his career, and I don't think nearly any of those were by submission. He's the greatest Mexican wrestler ever, you can't say the same for Benoit.

This would likely be a rather lengthy, possibly boring match. But at the end of the day, El Santo usually wins. That'd be the case here.

Edit: Apparently I thought it was a Submission Match, not an Ironman. Either way, my reasoning and vote stands.

GD brings up a good point, Benoit isn't even in the top ten best Mexican wrestlers ever, while Santo is.

Nah, vote Benoit, a dungeon veteran just a few hours from his birthtown has a huge advantage. Submission wrestling is huge in Canada with almost every canadian wrestler having one. Benoit would havebeen training with ithis entire life. If this was a different style, then Santo has abetted shot.

Reactions: gd

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back