Ratings are in, Now With Quarter Hours

What were the ratings for 1/4? Percpective.

I'm pretty sure both shows scored higher then, which makes you wonder, where the hell did the fans go?

Pretty good ratings for both, although I'm sure they are disappointed. WWE because they want better ratings for Road to Wrestlemania, and TNA because it was their Monday show.

But if TNA can draw 1.0 or better against Raw, then they're doing pretty good.

I just read, it was 1.5 for Impact and 3.6 for Raw.

Overall, it's a .7 drop in ratings for the business, which isn't good at all.

WOW. Quarter hours are now in. Keep in mind that the last quarters would have been Vince vs. Cena and the restart of the tag match. Take a look at these breakdowns, especially the ending. Raw first and Impact second.

Q1: 3.45/0.99
Q2: 3.15/0.98
Q3: 3.27/1.00
Q4: 3.15/1.07
Q5: 3.39/1.07
Q6: 3.56/1.03
Q7: 3.27/0.95
Q8: 3.60/0.76
Overrun: 3.98/1.01

So yes, people watched the overrun, but VERY few people, by far and away the lowest segment of the show, watched the stuff leading to Hogan/Flair with no knowledge it would go over (it never does). Vince vs. Cena is the high of the night. Yeah, Vince isn't a draw right?

I just read, it was 1.5 for Impact and 3.6 for Raw.

Overall, it's a .7 drop in ratings for the business, which isn't good at all.

But hour one was a 1.9 ie from 8-9pm against no Raw. After that it was a 1.2 which is down .2 and considering raw was 3.8 Raw actually took a bigger loss.

WOW. Quarter hours are now in. Keep in mind that the last quarters would have been Vince vs. Cena and the restart of the tag match. Take a look at these breakdowns, especially the ending.

Q1: 3.45/0.99
Q2: 3.15/0.98
Q3: 3.27/1.00
Q4: 3.15/1.07
Q5: 3.39/1.07
Q6: 3.56/1.03
Q7: 3.27/0.95
Q8: 3.60/0.76
Overrun: 3.98/1.01

So yes, people watched the overrun, but VERY few people, by far and away the lowest segment of the show, watched the stuff leading to Hogan/Flair with no knowledge it would go over (it never does). Vince vs. Cena is the high of the night. Yeah, Vince isn't a draw right?

Plus Raw finished before TNA, I remember catching the end of Impact.

next week though.

pre taped impact v austin. yeah.

next week though.

pre taped impact v austin. yeah.

Yeah that's lame as fuck. I don't know why TNA just won't go live every week. It cannot be that damn expensive, especially now that you're going head-to-head with Monday Night Fucking Raw.

Let's take a closer look at the numbers, shall we? Thanks to... a website I can't promote.

Total Viewers:

TNA Impact: 1,361,000
WWE RAW: 5,103,000

No matter how you try to slice, in today's TV world, that is quite a large gap.

Adults 25-54
Impact: 753,000
RAW: 2,455,000

This is a decent sign. This demographic is known as the word-of-mouth demo. These viewers are reliable in that they will spread the word to people they know, and whose opinions are taken more seriously than say, 18-year olds or 65 year olds. So a decent sized portion of their audience can be depended on to spread word to their friends to watch. Whether those people tune in, however, is all up to them. But HERE'S the BIG problem...

Adults 18-49
Impact: 692,000
RAW: 2,586,000

The fact that they had more viewers in the 25-54 demo than 18-49 indicates what we'ce heard from the main site before, that creepy 50 year old like to tune in and watch the Knockouts. And those guys are not, um... ideal viewers. But even more important, the 18-49 demo is the most coveted demographic for advertisers. people 18-49 are MOST likely to go out and buy the products they see on commercials during the shows they watch. And 600,000 is NOT a very good number, ESPECIALLY since advertisers can look and see just HOW MANY MORE potential buyers they have by advertising on RAW.

True, we all knew Impact wasn't gonna overtake RAW right away, but these numbers still have to be disconcerting. A 3.4 from RAW isn't a big deal, because they bounce back easily from numbers like that, and they will next week for sure with STONE COLD hosting.

At the very least, TNA has to maintain that 1.0 for every live show. They MAY get a little lenience for the taped shows. But if that 18-49 demo doesn't bring in good results for advertisers, Spike TV won't care what TNA's personal timetable is for itself. It'll be back to Thursdays by the end of the summer.

tna got that rating for the fact they put mostley old wwe guys in and didnt do it tna style.wen hogan fought flair it was rid and rvd vs sting that quick yea right they did it sloppy and as for raw im sure there rating was low cuz of all the blah blah they were saying but it will change next week cuz this week was a lil build up.

At the very least, TNA has to maintain that 1.0 for every live show. They MAY get a little lenience for the taped shows. But if that 18-49 demo doesn't bring in good results for advertisers, Spike TV won't care what TNA's personal timetable is for itself. It'll be back to Thursdays by the end of the summer.

Why? Do you think that TNA will get better ratings or better advertising in that same Monday slot? I doubt it. The potential for growth is quite great in the Monday slot, and nothing Spike could put there will do better.

Why would they move it back to Thursdays? TNA just grabbed 1.0 rating going head to head with the 17 year old flagship show of the #1 promotion in the world, during the buildup to the biggest PPV show in the world. Why do people think the 1.0 is a bad rating?

Becuasse they got a 1.4 the first time? and they usually do better than 1.0?

My guesses. My personal reaction to it was "eh, could have been worse"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back