Rate The Gimmick: Edge - Rock star.

Ferbian

Has Returned.
Figured it was time to give a small return of the Rate The Gimmick series. Basically what this is about, is that I take a gimmick, and you rate it between 1 to 10. 1 obviously being awful, and 10 being awesome, or whatever you want to call it.

This week we're gonna look into a guy who's, well basically always portrayed himself a little bit the same way, with a bit of various.. well.. edges to his persona.

edge-retires.jpg

Yes, Edge. Now, some of you may disagree with the choice of gimmick that I named it, but to me Edge has always come off as a sort of rock star like person. That, or some grunge sort of person. Either way, argue the gimmick choice if you want to, that's not what this thread is about.

Edge debuted in 1998 in WWF, portraying a bit of a street loner if you will, and has eventually progressed through quite a bit of change, most remarkably when his best friend Christian joined the WWF locker room, as they joined hands with Gangrel in a vampire-ish faction.

As so many people have said, Edge has done it all, held more or less all the championships ever presented in WWE, and on top of that he's won more WWE championships than anyone in history.

Edge has feuded with more or less everybody that is something in the last few years. He's had feuds with Batista, John Cena, The Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Randy Orton and Triple H, and that's only in the past 3 years time or so. Edge has made himself quite a noticeable and decorated wrestler throughout his almost 13 years in WWE.

There's a lot that can be said about Edge, but a lot of his fans would probably look back at him and simply say "He reeked of awesomeness". But for now, I'm gonna leave it up to you guys to rate this gimmick. Was it awful and worthy of an 1? Or were it awesome and deserves a 10? You tell me.

I liked his vampire gimmick. I really feel Edge grew into a main eventer as a singles wrestler and deserved all in which he got. I give Edge and all his gimmicks an overall score of 8.

personally... i wouldn't even say edge had a set gimmick.. when he was face he would say and do exactly what i think i would say or do in his situations... and as a heel... like jericho.. you can sympathise with the situations, but that is where they earn their $$'s... making you hate them for it... so IMO... edge didnt have a gimmick after e & C split (surfer boys (which i will call it)) was edge's best 'GIMMICK' but once again, i always thought he was playing a much more excentric version of himself......

so 8 i guess

I'd say his 2006 persona version was his best, he manipluated people, he put on quality matches, he joined forces with two different tag partners, he was champion and literally helped Cena remain face before the fans turned on him a major way.

Edge will probably never get the credit he deserves for his matches, as a human going after his dream sure but wresling I don't think he'll be known as one of the greatest of our generation but the proof is in the pudding.

He was a major babyface and he was MAJOR heel, hes one of the few who could do either at a quality most couldn't achieve let alone doing both. His matches were pretty entertaining and he was creative. He'll be missed or his Rated R Superstar gimmick will be.

I would say almost all of his "gimmicks" were awesome! Look at the pops he got when he was a face and the heat while he was a heel. I would give it a 9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back