Rate The Card - Slammiversary

Jeff

Pre-Show Stalwart
So I wanted to try something. I havn't seen this done here on WrestleZone Forums so I figured I would do it and see if you guys do it. I want to see what people think of Upcoming PPV cards before they run. So here is the Slammiversary card.

World Title Match
* Sting vs. Rob Van Dam

* AJ Styles vs. Jay Lethal

* Kurt Angle vs. Kazarian

* Mr. Anderson & Jeff Hardy vs. Beer Money

TNA X Division Title Match
* Kendrick vs. Douglas Williams

TNA Knockouts Title Match
* Roxxi vs. Madison Rayne

Monster's Ball Match
* Abyss vs. Desmond Wolfe

Matt Morgan vs. Hernandez

Brother Ray vs. Jesse Neal

Please tell me what you think of the card in general or if you want to go into detail about each match. Here is my take.

World Title Match
* Sting vs. Rob Van Dam - Should be a entertaining match. I don't expect much wrestling wise however. Sting is injured and old and Rob Van Dam's best days are behind him. Should be a entertaining match just because these two have not met yet.

* AJ Styles vs. Jay Lethal - I think this match is going to be great. I have no idea if these two have met before but I never have seen it. I really enjoy Jay Lethal, very entertaining and AJ Styles is well AJ Styles. Should be a fun match to watch.

* Kurt Angle vs. Kazarian - Could be a great match, however I think it will be a quick easy match for Kurt. However if it isn't a quick match for Kurt and they actually make it look like Kazarian has a chance to win this match, I think this will be match of the night.

* Mr. Anderson & Jeff Hardy vs. Beer Money - I am not a big fan of Jeff Hardy so I don't really care too much for this match. I think Mr. Anderson is entertaining and I enjoy Beer Money. However I don't expect much from this match. Only way I can see this match being entertaining if Mr. Anderson turns on Hardy and goes back to being a heel...or at least a heel the fans rout for.

* Kendrick vs. Douglas Williams - Should be a entertaining match. Both wrestlers are talented and hopefully they will prove that they are future main event stars.

* Roxxi vs. Madison Rayne - Don't see the names Angelia Love or Tara so I really don't care for this match. Should be a quick match.

Monster's Ball Match
* Abyss vs. Desmond Wolfe - Should be a great match up. I think this is the match to watch because if TNA has any hope to compete against the WWE, these two stars have to show that TNA isn't about signing wrestlers WWE doesn't want anymore but actually have talented superstars that have never been apart of a WWE product.

Matt Morgan vs. Hernandez - This match should be AMAZING. I am a huge Matt Morgan fan and I think Hernandez is a incredible talent as well. The story behind these two is great as well. I do wish though that they hyped this match a little more. It was booked last Thursday and if this was done well it really could of been the second to last match on the card.

Brother Ray vs. Jesse Neal - Brother Ray without Brother D-Von...who cares. This match will only be entertaining if D-Von attacks Ray during the match to create a feud. Beside that don't expect this match to last more then 5 minutes.

Overall I think TNA has a strong card and should have some great matches. Unfortunately, although most of the matches should be really good, I don't think anyone really cares for these matches. They were not hyped property. Also if Slammiversary is suppose to be the WrestleMania for TNA, they should have Kurt Angle in a way more important match then Kazarian. The match very well could be an amazing match if they don't make Kurt dominate the match. However even with that there is no hype. I don't mind Kurt being in a match with Kazarian since it could be a great match, but they shouldn't have even shown Kurt on TV. Kurt Angles return should have been at Slammiversary.

I would give the card a rating of a B. The matches should be great but really who cares about the matches? There really wasn't enough hype for any of these matches.

What do you all think?

There is no King Of The Mountain Match! That's ridiculous. I think the card is all right though, I feel like Angle vs. Kaz is kind of random, especially on TNA's biggest PPV. Kaz is by no means a main event player yet.

I also don't like how Samoa Joe isn't on the card.

King of the Mountain: Give me RVD vs. Sting/Wolfe vs. AJ vs. Angle vs. Joe/Wolfe.

There's solid singles matches up and down the board. Kaz isn't main eventing. Hopefully Kaz/Angle gets some time. Styles/Lethal shouldn't disappoint. The only match I'm really not looking forward to is Neal/Bubba Ray. It was built up nicely on Impact, though. There's quite a few matches on the card where the winner is hard to predict. Also.. RVD/Sting isn't going to make or break Slammiversary. I'd be surprised if it's a clean ending.

The plan was to buy the PPV, even before the "big announcement" came about.

Edit: Oh.. and to answer the question -- I'd probably give it a B with A-/B+ potential.

There's solid singles matches up and down the board. Kaz isn't main eventing. Hopefully Kaz/Angle gets some time. Styles/Lethal shouldn't disappoint. The only match I'm really not looking forward to is Neal/Bubba Ray. It was built up nicely on Impact, though. There's quite a few matches on the card where the winner is hard to predict. Also.. RVD/Sting isn't going to make or break Slammiversary. I'd be surprised if it's a clean ending.

The plan was to buy the PPV, even before the "big announcement" came about.

True, but no doubt is Angle a main-eventer. Kaz will get a nice rub from this match even if he doesn't win. And he better not win, to go along with Angle's storyline.

World Title Match
* Sting vs. Rob Van Dam-As much as it seems like a dream match (I don't count the one where RVD debuted), I'm not terribly excited for this match. These days I'm not enjoying Sting in the main event. Upper midcard definitely with maybe being an extra spot in a multiple person main event like a triple threat or a fatal four way. But in a singles match on paper it doesn't attract me. I'm hoping that this is a one off with RVD retaining the TNA World Championship.

* AJ Styles vs. Jay Lethal-I'm looking forward to this. I'm hoping AJ will bring back more high flying to tangle with Jay Lethal's similar style. Jay Lethal has really been impressing me these past few weeks. I think switching out of the "Black Machismo" gimmick was his best move as I actually am starting to treat him like a possible main eventer. I'd like to see AJ win this one, but by using dirty tactics to impress Ric Flair, but I say that because is Lethal wins I'd feel like the feud is all over and I would like to see these two fight in the future.

* Kurt Angle vs. Kazarian-I'm kind of excited about this one. Not because Kazarian is fighting but because Kurt Angle is in this match. Mailman said that the RVD/Sting match won't make or break Slammiversary. This match is also the case but I believe it can make or break Kazarian in becoming a main eventer. If TNA is really thinking about moving Kazarian up in the world, it was a good move to have him fight Kurt Angle, who is always a great main eventer in great matches. Kurt Angle is definitely gonna get the win, but I hope they give time to show what kind of stuff Kaz can bring to the table in a main event type match.

* Mr. Anderson & Jeff Hardy vs. Beer Money-I think this will be fun so long as Anderson's face run will still be intact. I would love to see Anderson hit the Kenton Bomb while Hardy does the Swanton Bomb. Hardy and Anderson get the win in this one. Hopefully Beer Money doesn't get squashed.

* Kendrick vs. Douglas Williams-Although from Venice, CA, Brian Kendrick is originally one of Seattle's Finest, so I'll be rooting for him in this match. He's got some good momentum coming into Slammiversary, though I've got this feeling Williams will still retain. I'm excited to see William's technical prowess go up against the crack-cocaine high flyingness of Brian Kendrick.

* Roxxi vs. Madison Rayne-I'm hoping Seattle's Finest retains. Maddy Rayne is just too good to take the title off her now. I just can't see Roxxi winning it, much less make something entertaining out of her reign.

Monster's Ball Match
* Abyss vs. Desmond Wolfe-Not excited about his one. Desmond Wolfe don't have time to play silly games with a big dude in a mask coming out to music that absolutely doesn't match Abyss' look. But then again, Wolfe does have to get Chelsea back. Considering the possibility of Chelsea having Stockholm Syndrome, I say Wolfe gets the win, but Chelsea decides to stay with Abyss. Yeah, I know this match not for Chelsea's services but I feel this conversation is going to happen sometime post match.

Matt Morgan vs. Hernandez-I fully expect Hernandez to get the win. He needs payoff after coming back from injury.

Brother Ray vs. Jesse Neal-Don't care really about this match. If Brother Ray wins, big deal. If Jesse Neal wins, it doesn't matter cause he's probably gonna stay in the same place he is right now.

Overall I rate the card a C+. I'm not really turned on by the card, but I do think there could be some fun action coming from the Lethal/Styles, Angle/Kaz, Roxxi/Maddy, and Morgan/Hernandez matches. Still though it's not a PPV I'd buy.

Using the star rating system:

Overall PPV rating: 5.5/10

World Title Match
* Sting vs. Rob Van Dam **3/4

* AJ Styles vs. Jay Lethal ***1/2

* Kurt Angle vs. Kazarian ***1/2

* Mr. Anderson & Jeff Hardy vs. Beer Money ***1/4

* Kendrick vs. Douglas Williams **3/4

* Roxxi vs. Madison Rayne **

Monster's Ball Match
* Abyss vs. Desmond Wolfe ***

Matt Morgan vs. Hernandez ***

Brother Ray vs. Jesse Neal *1/2

That's how I think it's gonna be. Bad

World Title Match - Sting vs. Rob Van Dam

Hopefully they'll be able to make this match entertaining. I'm not expecting an epic confrontation between them as I feel it will mostly be brawling with RVD carrying Sting.

* AJ Styles vs. Jay Lethal

Looking forward to this one. I'm glad Jay left the macho man gimmick, but he seems to have swapped it for a Flair parody. Regardless it should be a good showcase for the young talent TNA has.

I like the idea of Angle working his way up. I think Kaz is a decent enough worker so it should make for a good match. I hope they don't just have Angle squash Kaz in 3 minutes or something silly like that. Angle's climbing of the ladder should all be hard fought matches. These are meant to be the top ten guys in the company after all.

Don't really have much to say about this. I hope Beer Money get the win (dirty or otherwise). I hope Anderson gets to show what he can do before Jeff starts flying around the ring.

Voting for the fellow Englishman, so thats that. It will be interesting to see how the crowd reacts. Hopefully this will be one of the least "spotty" X division matches we see for a while.

Not bothered about this either way. Haven't seen either woman in action so can't comment.

Monster's Ball Match

I don't know what a Monster's Ball match is, and I don't care who wins. I hope this angle ends at the PPV, as I don't think Desmond can showcase what he can do with someone like Abyss. (Again just my opinion. I think there's better people Desmond can be feuding with at this time)

Don't really know much about either of these guys, but look forward to a decent match.

Pass. Bubba without D-Von just isn't going to work. However Neal uses the spear so I immediately hope he loses.

Well thats my thoughts as someone who's been out of the wrestling loop for almost 10 years and has recently started to get back into it. Gonna record it when it's aired over here and hopefully enjoy the show.

Were the posters in this thread born yesterday? Slammiversary isnt TNA's biggest PPV, it's Bound for Glory. This is their second biggest PPV of the year. They only have 3 while WWE has 4 major PPV's.

Im ordering this PPV for two matches. AJ vs Lethal and Angle vs Kaz. Bot are going to be classics. Im just bummed out about the KOTM.

I really want to know why KoTM is not there this year? Is it because Double J couldn't be in it and win?
Anyways onto the card:
RVD vs Sting - 7 out of 10 - Promises to be an ok match but not the best match and it will be outdone by the 'surprise' because thats when it'll be revealed.

AJ Styles vs Jay Lethal - 7.5/10 - two of TNA's homebrew so to speak and two good wrestlers. Given the right amount of time this good be one of TNA's better matches of the year and defiantly on the PPV.

Kurt Angle vs Kazarian - 8/10 - This gets an 8 just because how good Kurt Angle is. The outcome is decided already, Kurt Angle is starting his climb up the ladder and Kazarian is just looking for the rub. If they can give Kaz as many match winning oppourtunities as they do Angle - then he'll get a decent rub.

Mr. Anderson and Jeff Hardy vs Beer Money - 7/10 - A solid tag team up against a mega face and a tweener. Jeff Hardy is good but he doesn't get the pop like he does in WWE probably because the audience isn't full of kids. I prefer Anderson out of their tag team and considering how strong Beer Money are as a team - this will be good but not great.

Brian Kendrick vs Doug Williams - 6/10 - Two contrasting factors in the X Division but that doesn't mean it'll be a good match. It'll have its moments but not a classic.

Roxxi vs Madison Rayne - 4/10 - Rayne wins. Angelina Love interferes.

Monsters Ball
Abyss vs Desmond Wolfe - 5/10 - The rating is low because 1) I hate this storyline and 2) I hate Abyss atm. Desmond Wolfe is the only factor that keeps this above 3.

Matt Morgan vs Hernandez - 7/10 - Two big guys with big tension between the two. I would've preferred more build up to this maybe have brought Super Mex back a week earlier because although both suck on the mic it would've been nice for them to have some build up. A decent match will suffice.

Bubba vs Jesse Neal - 0.5/10 - I just don't care. At all. They should be pushing the tag team aspect of this but they're not. So it's rubbish.

Overall I'll give the card 7. Has some awful matches but luckily they've balanced it out somewhere near the top of the card.
Although I'm disappointed in the lack of the Motorcity Machine Guns and Generation Me as I'd like for these two teams to be fighting for the Tag Titles currently held by 'The Band'.
The surprise doesn't boost my rating beforehand but it may do afterwards dependent on what happens.

Just going to comment who wins and an overall match rating:

So, Here we go;

World Title Match
* Sting vs. Rob Van Dam- Probably be stretched to a mind numbingly long match with little action, plenty of squaring off and ending with an RVD victory

Winner: RVD
Rating 6/10 average match showcasing Sting as a 'has been' who is well past his peak

* AJ Styles vs. Jay Lethal- hopefully a fast paced, action packed match, won't be too long, could potentially steal the show

Winner: not an easy win but it has to be AJ Styles
Rating: 8.5-9

I really want this to be a good match and it will as long as Angle doesn't totally dominate

Winner:Angle
Rating:8

I expect this to be a fan favourite, the hardy and anderson team will dominate the match but expect dirty tactics from beer money to steal the win

Winner: Beer Money
Rating: 6.5

two highly skilled fighters with a lot to prove, will definately be an exiting match

Winner: Williams
Rating:8

Not bothered at all about this match; filled with manly grunts, slaps and hair pulling

Winner: Don't Care
Rating: 1 at best

Monster's Ball Match
What is a monsters ball match?

Winner: Abyss
Rating: really not sure?

Juggernaut of a match, i'm highly anticipating this match to be excellent. i think it will be fairly equal but Hernandez will gain the upper hand

Winner: Hernandez, probably
Rating: really decent match, 8

I'm sceptical about Bubba as a singles competitor, short match and i'm not sure how it will turn out
Winner: Jesse Neal
Rating: Meh?

World Title Match
* Sting vs. Rob Van Dam - I wish I was excited for this match but I couldn't give a shit about sting. I'd love to see the Van Terminator tonight, the return of Fonzie and his whistle, and a van Daminator. I'm sure I'll have to settle for extended use of the baseball bat but no way in hell RVD loses tonight unless sting is down with the Band who mysteriously disappeared from the card...

* AJ Styles vs. Jay Lethal - Another match that I think is going to tear the roof off the Impact Zone. Lethal can go, Styles is main event caliber.. this will be a strong contender for match of the night. That and we're guaranteed to have Flair involved. WOOOO

* Kurt Angle vs. Kazarian - I've said it before. Do.Not.Sleep.On.Kaz

This will be WAY better than anyone thinks it will be. After tonight Kaz will be legit but he will not be ranked #10. This my friends will be awesome, so expect Taz to say what the hell was that about 20 times tonight during this match.

The Congregation of Charismatic Assholes win in an entertaining match. Best parts will happen outside the ring. If beer money wins, the impact zone will riot.

This match should be the opener. It's going to be a great match. I'd really love to see Douglas retain. Unfortunately he's title reign is the longest currently in TNA which means that his time is coming. Kendrick is popular enough to dethrone him, but I'm thinking he needs more buildup. Tough to call, should be great to watch.

* Roxxi vs. Madison Rayne - No chance in hell Roxxi wins unless Rosie interferes in the match. Won't be great but the BP entrance will be worth the price of admission alone. They seem to be trying to make Rayne look legit so I actually expect another clean win tonight.

Monster's Ball Match
* Abyss vs. Desmond Wolfe - Wolfe gets the win and HOF ring in a hopefully brutal match 10-15 minute match. TNA will probably drop the ball and turn Chelsea Face so I don't have high expectations for what happens after the bell.

Matt Morgan vs. Hernandez -This is going to suck only because Hernandez is better off on a team getting the hot tags. That being said, I'm hoping that Morgan kicks his ass for 10 minutes so brutally that Salinas and Homicide run down to help out restarting LAX. If they go with the program, Supermex wins in a match that should have swept under the rug at impact.

Brother Ray vs. Jesse Neal - This may be a better match than one would expect. Bubba is always entertaining and Jesse will probably bump like no tomorrow for him. Neal will leave this match looking very strong no matter what happens and it should be a great brawl. I predict blood, chairs and tables for everyone!!

This no king of the mountain crap is right up there with not having the World X-Cup. These are TNA signatures.. it's why people tune in and makes your company unique. don't ruin a good thing.

Just wondering, have people forgotten that Kazarian has had an amazing match with Christian when he was in TNA in one of the main matches of that night (Genesis 2007) and continued a couple of semi-main event matches for a little while until TNA management decided they wanted him to be Suicide which was stupid. People are acting like he cant be a main-eventer.

And like somebody pointed out already, this isn't TNA's biggest PPV, that is Bound for Glory. That is why Samoa Joe, Jeff Jarrett, and Tag Team Champions Kevin Nash and Scott Hall. Anyways, now its onto the topic:

Sting vs. RVD for the TNA Championship: This match can be good, and with me being a Sting fan, I want him to come out on top, but thats me being greedy. Expect 12-15 minutes of brawling with some non-clean finish, going with the Stinger: 3/5 stars

AJ Styles vs. Jay Lethal: Do I need to say anything more about these 2 competitors other than their name? Lethal wins: 3.5/5 stars

Kurt Angle vs. Kazarian: Same thing I said for Styles/Lethal, I'm going with Angle: 4/5 stars

Mr Anderson&Jeff Hardy vs. Beer Money: This match interests me and I see it going in kind of the same fashion as the main event. Anderson&Hardy will win: 3/5 stars

Abyss vs. Desmond Wolfe in a Monsters Ball match: Another hardcore match with Abyss, and I think it'll be a good match in for what kind of match its supposed to be: 3/5 stars
Matt Morgan vs. Hernandez: This match should be a good one as well, and I'm predicting Hernandez to come out on top since he just returned: 3/5 stars

Doug Williams vs. Brian Kendrick for the X-Division Championship: There is no way this is going to be a typical X Division match, but with that said it should still be a decent match. Williams to retain: 2.5/5 stars

Madison Rayne vs. Roxxi for the Knockouts Championship. Does anybody care that much: 1.5/5 stars

Brother Ray vs. Jesse Neal: Why isn't this a tag match between Team 3-D vs. Ink Inc.?: 1/5 stars

Overall I'm thinking this is going to be a good PPV and will be one of TNA's better PPVs in recent memory

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back