• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Raquel Diaz Will Be Diva Champion By The End Of 2013

matman8540

Ha! I kill me!
Last night, I was jumping around You Tube and checked out an episode of Florida Championship Wrestling from May 27, and the Diva's title was being defended. It was Paige vs Raquel Diaz, and during the match, Ms Diaz was getting beat at first. During this time, the announcers (who were the regular commentator for FCW, and good ol' JR) mentioned that Raquel was really the daughter of Eddie & Vickie Guererro. During her comeback, she used Eddie's move; The Three Amigos (those not familiar, it's 3 consecutive vertical suplexes without letting go). She won the match by DQ when the ref's back was turned; after Paige's second for the evening left a chair in the ring. She then proceeded to throw the chair to Paige, and dropped to the ground. The ref saw the aftermath, and disqualified Paige. You can say Paige got beat by page 1 of Eddie's book of "Lie, Cheat, Steal". I watched other matches in which she won with Grandpa Gory's finisher; the Gory Bomb. This young lady has something most of the current Divas don't have; namely wrestling ability, and a personality. The only thing that might hold her back is that she is not a stick figure (which I believe is bogus, but that's a story for another time). I firmly believe that if she gets called up to the main roster, there isn't a Diva that can outwrestle and/or outwit her. What do you think about this? Also, don't bring up the fact that Divas don't draw; I'm just looking for an opinion on the most interesting person in the FCW area that can make a major impact on the main roster.

matman8540 said:
The only thing that might hold her back is that she is not a stick figure (which I believe is bogus, but that's a story for another time).
Oh, I think that's quite relevant here.

It is what it is, but the WWE is simply uninterested in promoting women that aren't either model types or their polar opposites (Kharma). If your waist is somewhere in the 27+ range, the WWE is going to tell you to start losing weight. Take all of the fat cracks directed towards Mickie James as she was in the process of leaving the WWE. She's never been overweight; I'd have a hard time saying she was even of average weight at any point. She was "WWE fat".

I'm not going to say that Divas don't draw (they haven't since Lita, but that's besides the point); I'm going to say that people don't care to watch ladies wrestle professionally. If they did, SHIMMER wouldn't be some Illinois backwater performing in front of a couple dozen people. That being said, it doesn't matter one bit if you can hit three flawless german suplexes. Do you have C-cup or above breasts? How narrow are your hips? Can you sound sultry on a microphone? Those are the traits the WWE is looking for.

You just now learned that is Eddie's daughter? Wow. Anyway, The only way she will ever not be pushed is if she is as boring as Chavo, which I doubt. When she comes up to the main roster, I hope they let her use her real name and even Eddie's Lie, Cheat, Steal music...maybe even a low rider? Let her pay homage to her dad. Joe Hennig decided not to and look at him. Cody Rhodes decided to use his name and look what happened for him.

Actually, this was the first time I'd seen FCW, and from what I saw, I was really impressed with her. Also, I remember that she was signed some time ago, but it hadn't registered. I had also seen an interview with her that was part Vickie, and part Lay-Cool. I had forgotten to mention that in that match with Paige, after she caused her to get the DQ, she had a look on her face that was classic Eddie; as if to say, "Oops, you got punked, vato".

I hope they let her use her real name and even Eddie's Lie, Cheat, Steal music...maybe even a low rider? Let her pay homage to her dad. Joe Hennig decided not to and look at him. Cody Rhodes decided to use his name and look what happened for him.

i agree with this! other examples are Deuce or Domino, i dont remember which of the two Jimmy Snuka's son was, but he didnt use the Snuka name and hes gone, on the other side Mr. Randy Orton, he used the Orton last and it did help him, i mean even if you dad didnt make it that big, like Bob compared to Randy, Bob always being a solid mid-card talent, there is still a lot of things that you can do with the last name, bring your parent like The Ortons vs Undertaker, feud with him, and mainly you have a history youre not just john doe trying to make it you have a legacy and a family to make proud, so it makes the characters more real, and interesting in my opinion...

When she comes up to the main roster, I hope they let her use her real name and even Eddie's Lie, Cheat, Steal music...maybe even a low rider? Let her pay homage to her dad. Joe Hennig decided not to and look at him. Cody Rhodes decided to use his name and look what happened for him.

Well it's one thing to use the Guerrero name, it's another thing to have the exact same gimmick as her father. Cody Rhodes may have Rhodes as a last name, but he doesn't come out in polka dots. Randy Orton has the last name Orton but doesn't wear a cowboy hat and a cast. You can show your respect by using the same last name, but at the same time you need to try and do something different to make it on your own.

Also, even if Joe Hennig used his real last name he probably wouldn't get over because he sucks.

Well it's one thing to use the Guerrero name, it's another thing to have the exact same gimmick as her father. Cody Rhodes may have Rhodes as a last name, but he doesn't come out in polka dots. Randy Orton has the last name Orton but doesn't wear a cowboy hat and a cast. You can show your respect by using the same last name, but at the same time you need to try and do something different to make it on your own.

Also, even if Joe Hennig used his real last name he probably wouldn't get over because he sucks.

I don't think he sucks, just not used properly. He looks a lot like his dad, I'd run an injury angle, sit him out until his hair is long, dye it blonde and play Mr. Perfect music.

Sometimes riding a coat tail is the only thing that can work.

As for Raquel (Shaul Marie), I would have just figured that it'd be unique to have a diva with Eddie's characteristics and her being his daughter, it could come very naturally.

Just imagine watching Raw and then you hear that old familiar cell phone ring and then Eddie's voice "If you're not cheating, you're not trying." Low rider pulls out, then out comes a female. I loved that Eddie's theme had that cell phone ring at the beginning. It let everyone know who it was.

I think it would be epic.

I am already her number 1 fan, Man if she comes out with the low rider like jerry said man that would steal the show. It would be the first time i had ever seen a divas match in a long time.

Sometimes riding a coat tail is the only thing that can work.

If that's the only way you can get over than you're a hack with no talent.

I don't think he sucks, just not used properly.
He looks a lot like his dad, I'd run an injury angle, sit him out until his hair is long, dye it blonde and play Mr. Perfect music.

Or maybe they could make him Mr. Imperfect and run segments where he tries to be as good as his father but fails.

Just imagine watching Raw and then you hear that old familiar cell phone ring and then Eddie's voice "If you're not cheating, you're not trying." Low rider pulls out, then out comes a female. I loved that Eddie's theme had that cell phone ring at the beginning. It let everyone know who it was.

I think it would be epic.

Yes, it would probably get over, and at least it would be something going on in the Women's Division; but I'm just saying if I were her, or any second/third generation wrestler for that matter, I wouldn't be satisfied with SOLELY riding my father's coattails, I'd want to bring SOMETHING to the table to differentiate myself in some way.

She's comes from wrestling royalty, but she's still only been wrestling a few years. She's very young, so give her more time.

She only needs a fraction of her father's talent to be great, though.

If that's the only way you can get over than you're a hack with no talent.

Or maybe they could make him Mr. Imperfect and run segments where he tries to be as good as his father but fails.

Yes, it would probably get over, and at least it would be something going on in the Women's Division; but I'm just saying if I were her, or any second/third generation wrestler for that matter, I wouldn't be satisfied with SOLELY riding my father's coattails, I'd want to bring SOMETHING to the table to differentiate myself in some way.

The Mr. Imperfect thing would actually be entertaining.

As for riding coat tails, she is her father's daughter. Let's be honest, if she comes to the main roster, The Guerrero name will be almost, always brought up. To have one of Eddie's children in the ring, and for WWE not to link the two, would be kind of disrespectful.

Michael McGuillicutty is a prime example of what happens when you try and make a name for yourself. Even he admits it was a mistake and that he wants to use his real name now.

I actually don't feel she needs to play off her dad at all. Sure Joe Henning, Husky Harris, Duece and those guys didn't play off their dad and amounted to jack. That being said, she is a Diva which right now is a very thin division as it is. If they bring Assention to the main roster, that would be all she needs. I feel that that stable could get over very well on the main roster and having a Diva at the helm of a stable could do nothing but good for the Divas division. I hope for the sake of things they don't bring her in to fued with Vicki or even pair them together. I feel a mention of Eddie would work just fine especially since she is also paired with Tito Colon another second generation guy.

While it could be a little bit premature, I would love to see Raquel in the WWE. Hopefully they don't go the McGillicutty route, and allow her to use her Guerrero name. Could you image the pop she would get if her father's music hit, or even used the frog splash? Initially, she would help get people interested in the stagnant Divas division, but it would be a testament to her ability to help keep the interest there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back