• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Randy Orton- FIRED from "Marine" Role!

Status
Not open for further replies.

newteenforbb

Pre-Show Stalwart
According to TMZ, and I am sure many sites will be picking this up soon, Randy Orton has been scrapped from starring in the next "Marine" flick. WWE had admitted that they made a huge mistake in casting him because of his history with the USMC. Because of the two times he went AWOL, many folks (including Randy's former unit) were furious that he was ever given the role to begin with. And so, WWE has decided to remove him from the project.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think this was a brilliant decision by WWE. They made a huge error in judgement by casting him in the first place. Sure, it was a bad decision to begin with because he is a horrible actor but even more than that, how could anyone think it was smart to cast someone who deserted their country and couldn't care less to play a marine in a movie? Just a total insult. But WWE is making the right call here by undoing the damage. Good decision! :)

This is honestly great news! Now all the WWE needs to do is undo the damage they did to Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania and it would seem like everything is golden with the WWE these days.

Even though I'm a Canadian as soon as I read that Randy Orton would be starring in a Marine movie even I was offended. Anyone who has abandoned their country should never be giving any spotlight to act is if they are a hero for their nation. I have respect for both Canadian and American servicemen and women and this was a necessary move by the WWE. I'm sure Orton is happy he's off the project to be honest with you.

What if he didn't get fired... what if he just went AWOL from set!?
conspiracy-keanu-template.jpg

Seriously, though. WWE made an idiotic decision to put a star - one who went AWOL from the real Marines - in a film about a Marine. More like a slap in the face to his faction than anything else.

(April Fools from WWE to the USMC?)

Meh, if the script had been written, to be similar to Ortons experience, it could have worked, and been a good movie......

I'm sure no matter who they cast it'll be complete garbage anyways. When has any WWE film ever been amazing?

I don't see the big to do about having Orton as The Marine. Who cares if he AWOLed? I don't watch a movie because of the non-acting backgrounds of the cast. I watch flicks to be entertained.

I mean, the movie was probably going to be shit anyways and nobody was going to watch it (who really watches WWE Films)?

An utter joke.
America as a country is a joke. And the moral highground of not giving someone a simple movie role because of a past history as a scared young man is a joke in itsealf.

Its just a movie, and Orton may have been the best option for WWE to be the main character in it.
So really?......really?
Screw the US Marines. The man just wanted to act. He paid his price back then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back