• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Random Wrestling Fans

Slash-LN

Rigistered Post Offender
I'm sure this topic has come up several times with different titles but I don't want to dig up super old threads.

I was at Walmart with my nephew yesterday and some kid he knows from the church they go to walked up to him. I noticed he was holding a two pack of wrestling figures so I wanted to see which one he had picked out. It was CM Punk and Vince McMahon with two kendo sticks. The kid was probably about 11 years old so I said that I was sure he probably was getting it for CM Punk and he said no. Then he said he just wanted it for the kendo sticks. I said that I figured he didn't want it for Vince and he laughed and said no.

My nephew wanted to look at the wrestling figures anyway so we walked down the aisle and looked at them and the kid was pointing out the ones he had and the ones he wanted to get for various reasons. One was Dolph who came with the World title and he just wanted it for the title. One was The Rock and he just wanted it for the WWE title that came with it.

Then he randomly asked me who should break the Undertaker's streak and I said no one. He said if I had to pick someone from any time, alive or dead from any company who would I pick. I randomly said Owen Hart and he said "Owen Hart wrestled as the Blue Blazer didn't he?" I was pretty impressed by that. Obviously the kid was more than just a here and now fan.

Anyway I want to open this thread up for you to post stories about randomly meeting people who turn out to be wrestling fans. I almost never mention in public that I'm a wrestling fan but when it's a kid it's not really as embarrassing to admit.

I was at a christian concert with some guy, who said that he use to go to wrestling event's when i told him i like wrestling still then he said he stills likes it, and we talked about the upcoming wwe 2k14 video games and the gimmicks and stuff.

If I had a penny for everytime me and some randomer started shouted "I AM THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!" at each other while shopping, I'd be broke.

Reactions: TLC
Some guy put I used to go to school with put a video on facebook about his dog, but in the background it was playing Wade Barrett's theme on the T.V. Never would have guessed.

My girlfriend is a wrestling fan. I tried to turn her into a Rocky fan...no luck. She's a Hulkamaniac. KB would be proud.

I once went on a night out in CM Punk's BITW t-shirt because we went on an impromtu day of drinking and that's what I was wearing on the beach, so when I was in different pubs and especially the nightclub a lot of people shouted, "CM PUNK!" towards me.

Some guy also called me a "******" for watching wrestling, to which I intelligently responded with, "your face is a ******." Gets them every time.

Apparently one night out in Galway while very drunk i walked up to a girl in the smoking area of my nightclub of choice offering her a light for her cigarette. I then asked her what her name was, before she had a chance to respond i shouted "It doesn't matter what your name is!!!" then walked over to my nearby friends going through my repetoire of Rock catchphrases.

I didn't pull that night...........

I was in Toys R Us buying a birthday gift for my nephew a couple years back (It was Transformers, not even wrasslin figures) and some random little kid comes over to me and just starts talking about John Cena. I just smiled and answered his questions when he asked.

It was kinda like this:

Little Kid: Do you think John Cena is the best?
Me: No, but he's really good.
Little Kid: Who do you think is the best?
Me: Santino
Little Kid: He's funny.
Me: Yup
Little Kid (looking at his mom who's walking over to apologize for her kid): Can I get a Santino figure?
Mom: Yes, now come on.
Mom (looking at me): Sorry
Me (Glancing at her rather large boobs): No biggie, I mean, uh, it's ok. He's a good kid.
Me: Stares at her ass as she walks away.

I was debating with a friend about who the better wrestler was out of Kurt Angle and CM Punk, and he randomly asked a teacher when we were having our lunch in the canteen her opinion. Surprisingly, she actually gave it consideration and answered Kurt Angle, before discussing it with 4 other teachers. That's when I realised more people watch it than you think. Even if they are Science and Maths teachers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back