Random Ponderings IV

One to Remember

Championship Contender
This is the fourth installment in a series of random wrestling related things that happen to be on my mind. Topics range from major logical fallacies to the minute and trivial..

1. Am I the only one that notices and can't stand Kane's approach to the ring when he does a run in? I don't know if he did it back in the day but when hes with Danial Bryan he kinda waddles to the ring. He springs from left to right like a speedometer on the fritz.. I had forgotten about it for awhile until I see them run out to save Undertaker from the Shield. Looks really goofy..

2. Am I the only one that thinks Big Show should either grow is hair back or if the follicles aren't present get a hair transplant like Chavo..? Not asking for the long blonde locks from '96 but the short dark hair due he had circa 2002..

3. It's kinda annoying when a company that when by an acronym at one point now claims the initials stand for nothing. It's the same thing with KFC, it used to stand for Kentucky Fried Chicken now it just doesn't stand for anything anymore. Seems like a form of cockiness.

4. It seems like there is a singlet renaissance going on right now. When Skip Sheffield turned to Ryback he started wearing one, Tensai has started wearing one, Big E. Langston, Broadus Clay, who I guess shouldn't be caught in any less. Always annoyed me how the straps would always get crooked though. Clay's dont go up high enough and Ryback's are always getting pushed over.

5. Big E. Langston should invest in some knee pads. I can tolerate not having them when your wearing trunks but it always looked weird if you were sporting a singlet. Same issue with Taz..

6. I can't be the only one ready to hear CM Punk change his music back to This Fire Burns. Or atleast have a entrance theme and a seperate exit them like Hogan in WCW when he'd come out to Voodoo Child by Hendrix then leave to the NWO theme. Why not play cult of personality when he enters and fire still burns when he leaves?

7. Why does Impact use blue ropes? I mean shouldn't every flagship show use red ropes at this point? I know thursday is the former day of Thunder and Smackdown but still..

8. Did Mysterio gain so much weight he felt it was really necessary to wear a shirt as part of his attire?

9. I have noticed Taker has BSK tattooed on his chest. That basically stands for like Back Stage Krew which was like the other Kliq. Is he the only member of that group sporting that? Any one ever wonder what it stood for or meant?

1. Kane's a big man and he's always had that way of running or even walking. Deal with it. I did.

2. No Big Show looks fine. Better than the receding hair line Giant, better than the Amish Giant. The camo singlet and look work for him.

3. I am not even sure if thats a wrestling question.

4. Clay's sag down where as Ryback's chest is firm...(thank you for making me say that, you perv!) Again, deal with it.

5. You just have an issue with his bulging junk, admit it.

6. That just downright makes no sense. WWE is paying Living Colour when using their music and they should make full use of it. It suits Punk perfectly and I really do like it. It also helps that they played it quite well live at WM 29. The bassist and the guitarist are killer together.

7. They have adopted blue as their prominent colour after they changed their name to Impact Wrestling. It only makes sense.

8. Yes he did. I'm glad Samoe Joe did it too. You don't wanna look at flab swinging sideways while you're concentrating on a match.

9. Viscera, I think Mideon. Earthquake was in it too. It was really a piss porr assembly of talent and I'm glad they had very little political pull.

1. Kane's a big man and he's always had that way of running or even walking. Deal with it. I did.
Nah, since teaming with Danial he has been doing a sorta cowboy bow legged waltz. I didn't notice it in 1997 or 1998 or even the early or mid 2000s. Only after he got a bit comical in his persona.
2. No Big Show looks fine. Better than the receding hair line Giant, better than the Amish Giant. The camo singlet and look work for him.
His head looks like a giant white d*** with a face drawn on it. It's bad enough his singlet looks like a dress with a halter top. It's bad enough he can't get his '90s build back, atleast grow your hair. And if he gets a transplant why would it still be receding?
3. I am not even sure if thats a wrestling question.
No but WWE is one of the companies that done it and it seemed ridiculous for McMahon and everyone else that has done it.

5. You just have an issue with his bulging junk, admit it.
Nah, that caboose though is a bit big for a man. He could use some knee pads like how big show has. The big black ones.
6. That just downright makes no sense. WWE is paying Living Colour when using their music and they should make full use of it. It suits Punk perfectly and I really do like it. It also helps that they played it quite well live at WM 29. The bassist and the guitarist are killer together.
They are a good group but they can't over saturate us with that song. That Straight Edge guy is still there, they need to reflect that..
7. They have adopted blue as their prominent colour after they changed their name to Impact Wrestling. It only makes sense.
Yeah maybe if they had made their move in 1996.. The standard has been Red for the mainshow and blue for the secondary show which is usually on thursday anyway. Why because an impact leaves you black and blue? Isn't blood shed red though? The blue makes the main show look like the secondary show which cuts TNA down..

9. Viscera, I think Mideon. Earthquake was in it too. It was really a piss porr assembly of talent and I'm glad they had very little political pull.

I didn't know it existed until last week when I heard Nash talking about Mable nearly breaking his back and ribs after he told him not to do a move. I had wondered about his tat for years though.

Also I cant be the only one to noticed that before breast cancer awareness month Sandow wore the pink trunks, then during it he wore I think a purple and grey scheme then went back to pink after it..

Singlet's are beyond awesome and should be used by every professional wrestler ever....except Clay.

Clay should wear as little as possible so he flaps about more while dancing.

But really interesting thread concept and I really enjoyed reading it!

5. Big E. Langston should invest in some knee pads. I can tolerate not having them when your wearing trunks but it always looked weird if you were sporting a singlet. Same issue with Taz..

Big E's whole look needs an overhaul. He looks like a swole Carlton Banks.

Big E's whole look needs an overhaul. He looks like a swole Carlton Banks.

all the attire criticism put aside I wish he would get some more definition. I can't stand those flabby muscles some guys have. Like Big Zeke has them too, if your gonna get pumped you might as well go for the Lex Luger definition.

ChrisHelms said:
But really interesting thread concept and I really enjoyed reading it!
thank you.

1. Am I the only one that notices and can't stand Kane's approach to the ring when he does a run in? I don't know if he did it back in the day but when hes with Danial Bryan he kinda waddles to the ring. He springs from left to right like a speedometer on the fritz.. I had forgotten about it for awhile until I see them run out to save Undertaker from the Shield. Looks really goofy..

I can't say I've noticed this but it does drive me crazy when he constantly checks his nose for blood. He did this A LOT when he was wrestling with no mask.

2. Am I the only one that thinks Big Show should either grow is hair back or if the follicles aren't present get a hair transplant like Chavo..? Not asking for the long blonde locks from '96 but the short dark hair due he had circa 2002..

His head is a pretty odd shape, I agree he'd look better with hair.

3. It's kinda annoying when a company that when by an acronym at one point now claims the initials stand for nothing. It's the same thing with KFC, it used to stand for Kentucky Fried Chicken now it just doesn't stand for anything anymore. Seems like a form of cockiness.

I wouldn't call it cockiness but it is indeed rather annoying.

4. It seems like there is a singlet renaissance going on right now. When Skip Sheffield turned to Ryback he started wearing one, Tensai has started wearing one, Big E. Langston, Broadus Clay, who I guess shouldn't be caught in any less. Always annoyed me how the straps would always get crooked though. Clay's dont go up high enough and Ryback's are always getting pushed over.

Ryback's nipple hanging out of his singlet during his encounter with Cena was kinda awkward and I kept hoping he would fix it.

Knee pads are the least of his problem, he needs to invest in ring gear that fits him. He shows more ass than AJ :(

6. I can't be the only one ready to hear CM Punk change his music back to This Fire Burns. Or atleast have a entrance theme and a seperate exit them like Hogan in WCW when he'd come out to Voodoo Child by Hendrix then leave to the NWO theme. Why not play cult of personality when he enters and fire still burns when he leaves?

Honestly? I don't care much which theme song CM Punk uses. With that said, while it wouldn't bother me, I don't see the point in having him go back to the fire burns.

7. Why does Impact use blue ropes? I mean shouldn't every flagship show use red ropes at this point? I know thursday is the former day of Thunder and Smackdown but still..

This is a good observation, it extends further than just the ropes though. A lot of their impact logoing and such is also blue, and blue does have a history of being associated with 2nd tier in wrestling. I think they should just use black ropes probably and aside from that get away from blue as much as possible.

8. Did Mysterio gain so much weight he felt it was really necessary to wear a shirt as part of his attire?

probably

9. I have noticed Taker has BSK tattooed on his chest. That basically stands for like Back Stage Krew which was like the other Kliq. Is he the only member of that group sporting that? Any one ever wonder what it stood for or meant?

I've noticed the tattoo but never really gave it much thought.

all the attire criticism put aside I wish he would get some more definition. I can't stand those flabby muscles some guys have. Like Big Zeke has them too, if your gonna get pumped you might as well go for the Lex Luger definition.

Zeke has flabby muscle? Please explain what is "flabby" on Big Zeke?

Knee pads are the least of his problem, he needs to invest in ring gear that fits him. He shows more ass than AJ

So he wears the same size singlet as Santino... What of it? :lmao:

And the word "ponderings" in this thread title is wrong. It's entirely complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back