• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Random Idea - WWE Fantasy league

Poop Master Flex

Mid-Card Championship Winner
So I've had this idea and am wondering if anyone would be up for it. So the basic idea works like fantasy NFL but a little differently and it will work in 3 stages.

Stage 1 - Wrestling PPV's

Since wrestling is booked and winners are predetermined the users wouldn't be choosing wrestlers throughout the year but for the most part would be predicting winners every PPV of the year and it would work as follows:

For minor PPV's

1)Lower/Mid card matches : 10 points a winner (plus an extra 10 points if you guess the way of victory)
2)Main program matches (non main event): 20 points a winner (plus an extra 20 points if you guess the way of victory)
3) Main event matches (1 per event): 30 points a winner (plus an extra 30 points if you guess the way of victory)

Major PPV's (Royal Rumble, Summerslam and Survivor Series):

1)Lower/Mid card matches : 15 points a winner (plus an extra 15 points if you guess the way of victory)
2)Main program matches (non main event): 25 points a winner (plus an extra 25 points if you guess the way of victory)
3) Main event matches (1 per event): 35 points a winner (plus an extra 35 points if you guess the way of victory)

Specialty matches

1) 100 points for the royal rumble winner (at Royal Rumble)
2) 75 points for predicting the MITB winners (at MITB)

Wrestlemania

1)Lower/Mid card matches : 20 points a winner (plus an extra 20 points if you guess the way of victory)
2)Main program matches (non main event): 30 points a winner (plus an extra 30 points if you guess the way of victory)
3) Main event matches (1 per event): 50 points a winner (plus an extra 50 points if you guess the way of victory)

I would do RAW's and Smackdown's but the problem with that is

A: Spoilers
B: You don't know the card beforehand (in a PPV you get 1 maybe 2 bonus matches)

Stage 2 - Quarterly drafts

On top of that there will be Quarter year drafts where you predict future world champions and how storylines will pan out and everything will be based on odd so for example:

Future world champs

Cena 3:2
Orton 5:2
Bryan 3:1

but the key is you have to pick the champ in the quarter (so if you pick Bryan in the first quarter and he wins in the second quarter you lose)

so basically here you bet how many points for each person you think will win:

So if Cena wins in your quarter and you bet 100 points you get 150 points. If you bet 100 points for Bryan in your quarter you get 300 points.

If you bet 100 points and get it wrong you lose 100 points.

Stage 3 - Storyline prediction

So this one is basically how a storyline pans out. In this case I will use 2 example:

HHH COO storyline ending (1000 points) (choose all that apply)

a) HHH stays as COO
b) Lauranitis becomes COO
c) Vince or Steph returns to become COO
d) HHH vs. Vince (or wrestler at Vince's choosing) at WM28 for position of COO
e) Another person comes in to become COO

If you get them all right you win all 500 points. if A,D is correct and you choose A and D you get 1000 points. If you choose A and A,D is correct you get 500 points. If you are wrong you get zero points. That's the basic idea.

There would be more storyline's created in the process and the points would vary on the significance of the storyline or prediction. You could also get ones that are multiple choice such as:

Will Zack Ryder become US Champ?(300 points)

A) Yes (Jan-March)
B) Yes (April - June)
C) Yes (July - Sept)
D) Yes (Oct - Dec)
E) No

Since people like to predict how wrestling goes anyways lets make a game of it and find out who can do it the best?

Thoughts/suggestions (Even if you think its stupid let me know but if enough are into it I will whip something up before the calender year to get started, I know web design like the back of my hand so its definitely possible to get done).

We had a fantasy league once. It was fun but folded due to the people running it and some people on teams having other commitments.

NorCal made fun of me for picking Daniel Bryan on my team. Oh man, if only it was still up and running come Summerslam...

@the crock - from what I see that's only predicting matches for events (like sports select) this does have that but a lot more in depth then just predicting winners. Of course you have that as well but its more predicting things throughout the year and how storylines pan out and stuff like that. If I'm wrong let me know and that will be that.

We had a fantasy league once. It was fun but folded due to the people running it and some people on teams having other commitments.

NorCal made fun of me for picking Daniel Bryan on my team. Oh man, if only it was still up and running come Summerslam...

I thought wrestlezone had one in the past. If it works out it will have its own server and will be automated and since my job doesn't take up much of my time I can definitely make sure its getting updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back