R-Awakening: Vega v Matt Tastic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deadline extended by 3 hours to 11:59pst. If you wish to resubmit your RP in that time feel free to and your first will be disregarded.

"Adjust and adapt." -Vega

Previously...
Priya is still laying on the couch in Vega's penthouse, lazily enjoying listening to the television. It is then that she hears the sound of a window opening in the other room, followed by the feint noise of footsteps.

Priya gets up from the couch, but can only call out while unable to see a thing.

Who's there?

There is no reply at first. Just more footsteps boldly walking directly towards her. Priya's fear is palpable, but she remains calm, unwilling to panic. The footsteps end, and the silence is broken by the sound of a gun hammer being cocked back and ready to fire.

He used to call me "kiddo."

-End-​

2 Weeks Ago... Continued.
-Open-

Vega is anxiously sitting in the back seat of a cab as the vehicle weaves through downtown New York City traffic at a rapid pace. The driver peaks towards the rear view mirror, seeing Vega on the phone nervously waiting for a response.

Straight to voicemail, God dammit... Priya, if you get this, you need to get out of my penthouse right now!

Immediately after ending his fruitless phone call, Vega begins texting. His fingers move frantically until the cab comes to a sudden stop. Vega has to brace himself as he looks up to see the cause. Just then Vega notices the sounds of sirens filling the scene. Fire trucks and police cars are zooming past him joining a cavalcade of emergency first responders already flooding the area.

Sorry, pal. I can't get you any closer than this... looks like something real bad went down up ahead.

Concern envelops Vega's eyes as he processes what the cab driver says. He reaches for his wallet and tosses a fistful of cash on the driver's lap before quickly exiting the vehicle, all the while his eyes remain constantly fixated down the street. He sees all the vehicles and emergency personnel turn the corner while civilians run in the opposite direction. Vega begins walking at first, and then running towards the corner. He has to dodge crowds of people moving towards him attempting to get away from the scene. Vega persists forward, and even slides over the hood of a car much to the driver's displeasure. Vega finally gets to the corner and is nearly knocked off balance by the sight.

We need this building evacuated immediately!

The orders strongly orated by what seems to be a high ranking member of the Fire Department welcome Vega to the disaster area. Dozens of firetrucks, police vehicles and ambulances are gathered in front of his residential building. The surrounding area is covered in ash and debris. Just then, a large flaming piece of metal comes falling from the sky and ferociously crashes down on the asphalt, bursting into smaller flaring pieces narrowly missing civilians below. Vega begins noticing more and more flaming debris fall to the street like it were raining fire. He looks up to see the source of the falling brimstone. His knees buckle as his eyes come to the top of the building. Vega's penthouse... it's gone. In it's place is now a blazing inferno encompassing the remnants of the crater that used to be his home. He cannot believe his eyes. People come running out of the building fearing for their lives as they look over their shoulders to see the roof and penthouse of the structure completely obliterated.

Vega stands there mouth agape, unable to comprehend the chaotic scene.

Do we have the name of the person who lived there?

The voice of a Police Lieutenant addressing a subordinate catches Vega's ear.

Not yet. We're working on it, sir.

I need a name, ASAP!

Yes sir!

The police officer runs off once hearing his orders. Vega watches him, knowing they will never find a name with any connection to him in relation to the penthouse. Regardless, he no longer wants to remain there. For what used to be his home is now nothing more than a fiery crime scene. Before he leaves, Vega looks up once again and shakes his head in disappointment.

What did you do, Alexis?

Vega asks himself this burning question before back peddling away with his eyes still drawn up to the blaze. He turns around and begins walking, slowly fading into the frenzied crowd as the masses file away from the flames.

----------------------------------------
Present Day...

The iconic and unmistakable Las Vegas strip radiates far below Vega as he stands on the balcony of this hotel's penthouse suite. He looks down at the world below him while holding an open bottle of Dom Pérignon over the railing. Vega looks over towards the camera, breaking the fourth wall so to say, and motions it closer before looking back down towards the strip.

It's been a while since I've been here...

He holds the bottle up in recognition towards the strip beneath him.

Cheers to you Vegas.

Vega enjoys another swig of Dom Pérignon before he continues.

Me and Alexis lived in Vegas for years. You'd be surprised how easy it is to hide in plain sight. It was while we lived here that I first started my second life as a wrestler. I went through most of my Mayhem Title run as a resident of Sin City. Some unfinished business forced Alexis and myself to leave Vegas and return to the place we called home; New York City.

Vega turns his attention back towards the camera and casually leans against the balcony railing.

2 weeks ago my penthouse, my home was taken from me. It was all simply blown to bits.

A subtle smile creeps across Vega's face as he stares down towards the ground pondering what used to be his home.

I suppose that's the good thing about having a deep rooted inability to connect with most of humanity... you tend to have very little in your life with any sentimental value. And since there have been no reports of any casualties on the scene, I know I didn't lose anything I can't replace. When things go wrong, we simply adjust and adapt. But still... here I am, left with a lot of questions, and very little answers.

Vega gets off the railing and starts making his way in from the balcony and enters the luxurious penthouse suite he is currently residing in. He continues while slowly walking across the main room until we come across a large cork board nailed up to the wall. On it are pictures of Alexis, Priya, and Agent Fields. Underneath each is a plethora of hand written notes that Vega has also pinned up. A large red question mark covers both Alexis' and Agent Fields' pictures, while Priya's remains unmarked.

I find myself in a point in my life where I can't be certain of who my friends are, nor my enemies. I have a missing blind friend who was last seen in my penthouse before C4 blew it off the top of the building. I have an ex friend and partner in crime tracking my every single move and who suddenly has disappeared from the face of the earth as well. Meanwhile the only person speaking to me is the damn Agent that made a career out of chasing me and is now attempting to recruit me instead.

Vega can't help but chuckle as he moves further down the wall. He approaches another cork board nailed up just like the first. On it we see an array of more pictures, except these are all related to WZCW. First, and slightly higher than all the other pictures, is Tyrone Blades. There is an asterisk in red marker at the upper right hand corner, and a question mark over his face. Next is Matt Tastic with a circle drawn around his face and an X over it like a bullseye. Next to him is Mikey Stormrage with an arrow drawn pointing to Matt Tastic to the left and another arrow pointing to the next picture, Callie Clark, on the right. She also has an asterisk in the upper right hand corner like Tyrone. The last two pictures are not of people, but of championship titles. First is the EurAsian Championship with an asterisk in the corner & finally the Mayhem Championship with a X drawn over it. Like on the previous board, a multitude of handwritten notes are pinned underneath each picture. Vega reaches for the final picture, that of the Mayhem Championship, and unpins it off the board.

When I was last living in Vegas, I was ruling the Mayhem division. I had Alexis by my side and I knew where I stood. It was me and her versus the world. But that?

Vega gives the picture of the Mayhem Title in his hand a reminiscent look.

That was a different time.

He then closes his fist, crushing the picture of the only championship he's ever held.

Now I don't know where I stand with anyone. I don't know who's an enemy...

Vega looks over towards the pictures of Matt Tastic and Mikey Stormrage....

...or who's a friend.

...and to the picture of Tyrone Blades.

I do know one thing though...

Vega studies the pictures on the cork board intensely.

All these these people, they're all connected to things I want. I have already felt what it's like to rule the Mayhem division, and I ruled it better than anybody has in the history of this company. But what have I done since then?

He lets out a sigh before taking another drink of champagne straight from the bottle.

I hear the whispers. They're all true. My return to this company has been lackluster at best. So what do I do? Do I take my ball and go home? Absolutely not. When things go wrong, once again, we simply adjust and adapt. I may not know who to trust in this company but I know what I want. I still remember the taste of gold, and there is more of it to be had in WZCW. There are more thrones waiting to be conquered. At R-Awakening we'll learn something about the status of the EurAsian Championship. You better believe I'll be listening to that announcement. But I'm not experiencing tunnel vision. I'm also paying attention to Callie Clark, Mikey Stormrage and the Elite Openweight Championship. And right after R-Awakening, the Gold Rush Tournament begins back in the home that was just taken away from me, New York City. Like I said, there is plenty of gold in this company... and I'm beginning to see a way to taste it once again.

Vega closes one eye while lifting his free hand into the air and maneuvers his fingers into the shape of a gun. He takes aim directly for the bullseye on Matt Tastic's head.

It's right through you, Matt Tastic.

He motions with his hand, pretending to shoot a bullet towards the picture on the cork board. Vega playfully mimics the sound of a gunshot with a smile on his face.

Not only am I no longer sure of who I can call a friend anymore... it seems nowadays I don't even know who to call an enemy, either. See, I never had any issue with you Matt. In all the years both of us have been in this company, our paths have never crossed not once. Then, one day, we pass each other in the backstage area... and somehow it evolves into a situation where you leave me laying face down on the canvas at Ascension during the biggest match I've had since I returned. You're an angry man, Matt... I get that. It's kinda your shtick, isn't it? Be careful of that crazy temper of Matt Tastic.... right? For you, your temper didn't cost you anything last show. You get to go back home and run your new wrestling school. You get to feel accomplished. You get a chance to put a smile on your face.

But what did your temper cost me, Matt?

Vega scowls as he takes another swig of Dom Pérignon. He examines the bottle, realizing he's nearly finished.

With one victory over Eve Taylor, all of the whispers would have gone away. No longer would my return be lacking it's shining moment. No longer would I be aimlessly floating by in this company. Finally, this federation and the entire world could have realized that Vega's return to this company is not to be taken lightly. Instead... you simply couldn't hold it together, and you snapped. You attacked me, stormed off, and left me unconscious in the middle of the ring. My head still hurts every morning I wake up ever since you blindsided me with that Headache Driver, Matt.

I've lived with the consequences of your anger for the past 2 weeks now. That's okay, though. I've been living with a lot of consequences as of late. And just like in every situation I'm dealt... I adjust and adapt. At Ascension, you took my opportunity to defeat Eve Taylor away from me. But at R-Awakening? I welcome your anger, Matt. The frustration on your face when your strikes don't connect, the exasperation you'll feel when I slip from your grasps. I'm exactly the type of enemy a man like you should be avoiding.

Vega begins walking away form the cork board. He takes his final gulp of champagne before haphazardly tossing it off to the side. It thuds off the carpet just off camera while Vega reaches into his pants pockets and pulls out a pack of Camels Menthol No. 9's. He sits down on a comfortable looking couch and lights up a cigarette while inhaling deeply.

I plan on exploiting you, Matt.

Vega lets the smoke escape from his mouth as he continues to speak.

I plan on exploiting your anger, I plan on exploiting your name and I plan on exploiting your legacy. I was going to use Eve Taylor as a stepping stone. A launching pad. You took that away from me with one Headache Driver. At R-Awakening, I take it all back by force from you with one Kill Shot. Your anger? It'll be your downfall. I will have established my return at the expense of your name. And as for your legacy? Defeating a former World Champion and WZCW Hall of Famer? I'd say that would put me in uh...

Vega quickly glances over at the cork boards once again with all the WZCW related photographs.

...in the title picture, so to say. Whether it be for the Elite Openweight Title, EurAsian Title or Gold Rush Tournament, a victory over Matt Tastic should put me right in consideration for any of those three. Adjust and adapt. When one door closes, a window opens. You closed a door on me, Matt. You slammed it right in my face. At R-Awakening... I'm prepared to throw your ass right through the damn window just to clear a path for me. I have no tag team partner to lean on. I have no wrestling school to find solace in. You've got nothing to lose going into this match, Matt. You're a made man in this company.

But me?

Vega takes another hit of his cigarette while pondering the question. Smoke slowly floats from his lips as he continues.

I'm no made man. Far from it. My name barely garners any attention anymore. But that's all about to change, Matt. All because of you, and that silly anger of yours. Perhaps after I've pinned your shoulders to the mat, and it's me leaving you laying unconscious on the canvas this time... maybe then I'll lean in real close and thank that temper of yours for causing all of this in the first place.

At R-Awakening, the whispers end... and the cheering will begin. My name will echo throughout the arena, and WZCW will finally be forced to realize that the old Vega will never return. There is a new Vega in this company, with new thrones to conquer. Matt Tastic is the first domino to fall. He will mark the beginning of my conquest. I'm done fading into the background, and if it takes breaking Matt Tastic's God damn jaw in the process when I connect with The Kill Shot then so be it.

Vega takes one long final puff on his cigarette before slowly smashing it into an ashtray on the coffee table in front of him. He blows the smoke out and watches it float away as he leans back into the sofa. Vega stares directly into the camera donning a confident smile for these final moments.

I will have my throne, Matt... and I'm using you to get it.

-End-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back