Quick! Someone put the Republican Party on suicide watch!

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
The Supreme Court upholds the Affordable Care Act yesterday. Today, the Supreme Court says homosexuals have the right to marriage, striking down any state imposed ban on same sex marriage, making gay marriage legal across the country.

It is not a good day for the Republican Party. Someone probably ought to keep an eye on them for the next few days.

The end of the opinion is beautiful:

CIb-w_XWsAArKVW.png

The end of the opinion is beautiful:

CIb-w_XWsAArKVW.png

I would think that would be common sense. What sense does it make to disallow a gay couple that love and are devoted to each other the right to marry, and the benefits of said marriage, when a straight person can get divorced 4 times, while taking advantage of said benefits?

It's always made me shake my head that you can get married in Las Vegas by a fully licensed Elvis impersonator without getting out of your car, but two men or women marrying violates the sanctity of marriage.

With the left winning on all these health care and social issues I wonder how effective they will be in getting their base out for elections.

Republicans on the other hand will have a lot of fuel to stoke their base's fire.

I'm happy for the news, a little annoyed that it was a 5-4 vote.

I saw Buzzfeed article on Facebook cataloging people proclaiming that they're moving to Canada because the US is so morally corrupt, letting gays marry and what not. They are going to be very disappointed when they cross the boarder to find more socialized medicine, more gay marriage, and worse football.

The Supreme Court upholds the Affordable Care Act yesterday. Today, the Supreme Court says homosexuals have the right to marriage, striking down any state imposed ban on same sex marriage, making gay marriage legal across the country.

It is not a good day for the Republican Party. Someone probably ought to keep an eye on them for the next few days.

This almost sounds satiric...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back