• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Question about the advertising rule

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I want to red rep people and tell them to go back to (that site Crocker likes).

Implying that (that site Crocker likes) is the only place low enough for pond scum like (recipient of red rep).

Would this violate the advertising rule?

I might just write it exactly as I wrote it there, brackets and all. Reading it back, the vagueness adds something.

Technically yeah. It would be since its a private message sent through rep. Even if its red. If he reports it, it might be an issue.

Boo!

In the words of a great fictional character, we need to say no to the nanny state, "boo to nanny," and claw back some personal responsibility in the name of common sense.

A little Jools Holland wordplay there to satisfy the masses.

What's that about advertising rules?

I guess you should have...read it.

I didn't realise the advertising rule included merely typing the name. Do we have to censor it like "R*dd*t" or something? Actually I think I like that, makes it look like the dirty word it is. I'd like to request a WWF logo blur type thing as well.

It doesn't. The rules comes into play when you're telling someone to leave here for somewhere else.

Boo!

In the words of a great fictional character, we need to say no to the nanny state, "boo to nanny," and claw back some personal responsibility in the name of common sense.

A little Jools Holland wordplay there to satisfy the masses.

Of all the places I'd expect to see a Thick of It reference, this thread wasn't one of them.

Also, isn't @Dearwrestler's username advertising?

Not sure what you're referring to, Brockie.

I'll red rep you just for good measure.

I still wear jackets made from animal parts. I've still got it!

Not Jools Holland wordplay, but still pretty good.
You can red rep me and say me to go to that site if you really want me to go there and leave this forum. I promise I willnot report you :p

This thread is almost as good as Pizza Hut's new $5 Flavor Menu. All that great selection at not much cost hits the spot at any time.

But this thread is pretty good too.

I get a head start every day by starting things off with some Jimmy Dean Sausage. They're delicious and can be found in your local grocer's frozen food aisle.

So you guys not allowed to mention SC? Did Sly or KB get banned from there or something? I just looked in the prison and our good old Bolf (who's now a G-mod, congrats) had outright banned someone for mentioning it, and called it "advertising". Why the rule?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back