Quentin Tarantino's Best Film?

Dean Winchester

Getting Noticed By Management
I have to say Pulp Fiction. It had a good combination of dialogue, acting and action along with good fun entertaining characters. Has to be Tarantino's best film in my opinion that got him on the map in Hollywood..who could forget the acting performance that Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta had in this film as hitmen.

Tarantino is one of my favorite directors, so it's difficult to pick a favorite film of his, but I'd have to pick Pulp Fiction. The circular style of the film was revolutionary and mind boggling. He also managed to string together 4 stories that were just barely related, but managed to have huge effects on each other. Additionally, there is a lot of stuff in the film that are sort of mind boggling if you figure it out. For instance, right before the beginning of the action, a meal is eaten. For instance...

Right before Bruce Willis shoots John Travolta, he eats a pop tart. Right before Samuel L. Jackson shoots the guys in the apartment, he eats a hamburger. In every story, the action starts after a meal is eaten.

The Kill Bills and Reservoir Dogs are both very close seconds. Kill Bill is a lot of fun and a fantastic story. Reservoir Dogs is a heavy film but is great, a lot of fantastic film elements and some of the best use of music in film you'll ever hear.

Tarantino's only made one great film (Pulp Fiction). Every other film he's made has been nothing more than a relatively big-budgeted genre rip-off. His only original touches are overlong "round-table talk" scenes filled with trailer park-witty dialogue that he probably *********es to after writing it.

That being said, I think Tarantino would be a fantastic executive producer since his eye for talent other than himself and Robert Rodriguez is unquestionable. If Tarantino has some sort of producing credit in an upcoming horror or exploitation film, there's about a 95% chance that it's going to be great.

Honestly, I'm not going to mention Pulp Fiction. Most will mention it, so what's the point.

To me, it's a tie between Reservoir Dogs and Inglourious Basterds. Loved both, unique in their own ways and I love his work to begin with.

Also, Jackie Brown was good as well, as was Death Proof.

The only film I hated was Four Rooms. Just, stank. Though, I loved the lighter scene. Everything else... not so much. Too campy for me.

True Romance and Natural Born Killers were well-written, also.

Pulp Fiction > Reservoir Dogs > Kill Bill > Everything else he has done. Pulp Fiction was brilliant, it had an ensemble cast, several story lines, and they all worked. Pulp Fiction was good as well, for me Steve Buscemi stole the show. Kill Bill had a good soundtrack.. haha, and Lucy Liu was just bad ass. I'm not saying his other movies were bad (I enjoyed 4 rooms as well, something about tim roth that i like), but the above two are head and shoulders above the rest.

I would really like to see Q.T and Guy Ritchie co-direct a movie and have Tim Roth and Robert Carlye co-star in that movie. US meets UK on the same level in some ways, know what I mean?

Heard Tarantino next film will be a film taking place during Civil War....bacially Inglorious Basterds all over again but involving black people trying take down Confederate army.

Tarantino's only made one great film (Pulp Fiction). Every other film he's made has been nothing more than a relatively big-budgeted genre rip-off. His only original touches are overlong "round-table talk" scenes filled with trailer park-witty dialogue that he probably *********es to after writing it.

That being said, I think Tarantino would be a fantastic executive producer since his eye for talent other than himself and Robert Rodriguez is unquestionable. If Tarantino has some sort of producing credit in an upcoming horror or exploitation film, there's about a 95% chance that it's going to be great.

You saying he not a good director?

You saying he not a good director?

He's a competent director who makes entertaining films. However, he is definitely not one of the greatest directors of all time. In terms of talent, I'd put him on the same level as someone like Brian De Palma (coincidentally, De Palma was notorious for ripping off European directors back in his heyday).

He's a competent director who makes entertaining films. However, he is definitely not one of the greatest directors of all time. In terms of talent, I'd put him on the same level as someone like Brian De Palma (coincidentally, De Palma was notorious for ripping off European directors back in his heyday).

I say he one of the greatest of all time.....his films have good mix of humor and action.

Pulp fiction, without a doubt. I like the non linear storyline style. Just like a jigsaw puzzle arranged all wrong. But it helped capture my attention for the entire movie. Love the bible quote from Jackson!

I guess if you wanna talk the best film he ever made, there's no question it's Pulp Fiction.

However, my favorite film that he helped make (didn't direct but helped write and produce) is easily From Dusk Till Dawn. It's one of the only movies that I actually like George Clooney in. He's a badass in the film. And his brother, played by Tarantino, is a great mix of twisted and cool. Plus it's got Cheech Marin in multiple funny roles. Salma Hayek looking hotter than ever (before she turns into a vampire of course), and Harvey Keitel.

I guess if you wanna talk the best film he ever made, there's no question it's Pulp Fiction.

However, my favorite film that he helped make (didn't direct but helped write and produce) is easily From Dusk Till Dawn. It's one of the only movies that I actually like George Clooney in. He's a badass in the film. And his brother, played by Tarantino, is a great mix of twisted and cool. Plus it's got Cheech Marin in multiple funny roles. Salma Hayek looking hotter than ever (before she turns into a vampire of course), and Harvey Keitel.

Yea From Dusk Til Dawn was a good, fun entertaining film, although Clooney was badass in other films that he was in too, but yeah that movie was all sorts of fun man. I wish they woulda have sequels involving Clooney's character, like I could see his character as the main one in Planet Terror.

i dont know personally i like quentin's transitional shots so either pulp fiction
i like kill bill but i hat how he made it look like a sphagetti western with the cornball music

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back