QUARTER FINALS: Wonder Woman & Flash Gordon vs. Harry Potter & King Dedede

Who wins?

• Wonder Woman & Flash Gordon

• Harry Potter & King Dedede

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why you keep bringing up gods is beyond me really. I've already made the case that every magical being in Potter's world could be considered a god or godlike. It's just a matter of perspective.

A matter of perspective? Look at this factually here.

Wonder Woman is one of the strongest and most adept fighters in DCU. Time and time again she's dealt with actual gods and has either beaten them or gained their power. Harry required the entire Hogwarts school in order for him to beat Voldermort. Wonder Woman has the strength, and the experience against spellcasters to stomp anyone in the Harry Potter universe. Unlike Harry Potter who has never had to face someone with god like powers, like Wonder Woman.

You can't possibly compare 7 books to the entire comic stock of Wonder Woman without finding continuity issues galore.

There's not much you need worry about in continuity with Wonder Woman in regards to her strength in this current matchup. She's always been highly resistant to magic, and she has always been able to come out on top against spellcasters.

I'm sure I can find one where Wonder Woman's weakness is a man binding her bracelets.

I'm sure you could, but could Harry Potter is the question.

"Accio Lasso"

Forgive me if I'm not too acute with Harry Potter spells, but wouldn't they need to know the full name of the item they were going to summon? Because WW's Lasso is not known as just simply a lasso but the lasso of truth.

"Incarcerous"

Done.

Or I can give a another situation.

"Accio"

Wonder Woman than zooms right into Harry Potter and breaks his neck

Remember, she does move at half the speed of light.

There has been no event that gives credence to Wonder Woman understanding invisible objects other than her own instinctively. Yet you harp on it.

She's able to operate an invisible fucking plane. You know how much training you need in order to fly a plane. Ask most people who fly planes and many of them can't do it with their eyes closed. Wonder Woman is able to fly one she can't even see with ease. The notion she would be better than most people with things that are not visible to her isn't out of the question.

Dude, I just gave you three different situations in the books where it was. Do try and keep up. :disappointed:

Again, I have yet to see any actual citation that the cloak makes one intangible. I just have to take your word on the books, and so far I am very skeptical of what you have to say.

Maybe Mozz can provide some clarity on this issue? He is an avid fan of the Potter books yet he voted for Wonder Woman. I can only imagine because he has a brain.

That chick that turned dudes into pigs? The Olympians must have been out that day.

See what I mean that you purposely underestimate people for the sake of your own argument?

1. This isn't about Kryptonians or how they would fair against a population of magic-wielding mortals. These are the same people that are effected by a rock that's as common in their Universe as wands are in Potter's. Anything to do with how they'd fair is entirely speculation and has no real baring in this discussion.

You're once again not getting it.

Wonder Woman is able to take out beings far more powerful than Harry Potter without the need of Kryptonite. If she can fight powerful aliens, gods, and omega powered sorceress, she'll be able to take on Harry, who isn't even on the same par with the elite witches and wizards in his own universe.

2. I'm not blowing Wonder Woman's abilities off.

Yeah. You are. You are ignoring her

Super-strength, super-speed, elite combat training, superhuman senses magic resistance, and lightning sharp reflexes because you think Harry could sneak up on WW and kill her.

She is a true opponent if there ever was one. But your ENTIRE counter-argument is resting on her. I admit not knowing much about the penguin, but at least he can hold his own against Mario, Donkey Kong, and Samus Aron.

Wonder Woman alone can stomp on the majority of the characters in this tournament. Harry Potter is no exception. The fact she got this far with Flash Gordon as her teammate is validation of that.

That's why I don't emphasize much on Dedede. I know it's a lost battle. But I'm well aware that Potter and Dedede could provide a better team than Wonder Woman & Flash Gordon.

How do you figure? What's stopping Gordon from slicing Deedee's head off and then providing a good, admittedly unneeded distraction for Wonder Woman to stomp Potter.

This is a tag-team match after all.

It's a tag-team match that Harry and Deedee are going to lose because they're facing someone that completely outmatches them.

I've not underestimated what she could do. You're the one waving off the most useful item in a fight- an item that enables its wearer everlasting protection and to go unseen.

What is exactly everlasting? And what is stopping Wonder Woman from yanking the cloak right off of Harry before yanking the sword out of Harry's clumsy, untrained hands and killing him with it?

I'm well aware of the challenge she places. But this is a team fight. You're forgetting that.

I'm fully aware of it, but WW doesn't need a team to beat a foe that is similar but much weaker to the competition that she beats constantly.

I know you can't possibly be stupid enough to think a mobile invisible opponent = invisible stationary machinery.

Handling a super advanced aircraft without seeing anything could easily transcend to fighting a clumsy teenager who is stumbling around with a sword under his cloak.

Could. That's not a definite appeal to an argument that's meant to rely on facts.

If you relied on facts you'd see Wonder Woman is the clear winner out of these two. Except you're entire argument relies on if Harry has the aptitude to kill a highly trained warrior.

In Harry Potter's Universe, Circe is a Famous Witches & Wizards Card found in Chocolate Frogs whose sole claim to fame is turning sailors into pigs.

So no, in Harry's Universe she is an afterthought.

Too bad Wonder Woman's feats, strengths, and abilities against spellcasters are not

If Circe is a trading card with a mildly humorous backstory, I shudder to think what that would make Diana.

Still an insanely, overpowered, and overly capable warrior.

Back this up with evidence or not at all.

2246064-ww2.jpg

She's deflecting bullets blindfolded. Deflecting a sword swing from a teenager isn't a far stretch, is it?

I thought we already discussed neutrality in the Battlezone. Didn't the Powerpuff Girls team up with The Joker? Shitty argument.

This isn't about neutrality. This is about Harry Potter willingly throwing his team mate to the wolves. You said this.

Granted. I know well enough Dedede wouldn't last against Wonder Woman. And so would an exceptional student like Harry. That's why he'd be smart enough to use the penguin as a distractive measure to achieve a sound win.

Own up to this, you admitted Harry Potter is cold blooded enough to turn his teammate into bait.

By now I know the history of her fights with DC Universe gods and all that. But those are just that, DC Universe gods. These are clearly not the same gods found in actual Greek mythology or they wouldn't've been beaten by a minor sorceress from The Odyssey. Why you choose to continue hyping them up to be the standard ideal of what the gods and goddesses were is anyone's guess, but clearly they are not that. They are just superheroes with a title.

Circe is not a minor goddess. You continue to underestimate and undermine Wonder Woman's powers and abilities because they don't fit your angle in this argument.

That's funny. Harry doesn't have to see in order to fight either. Magic and all that.

Cite this please? Because I'm able to provide more pictures of WW deflecting bullets with her eyes blindfolded.

Harry can't cut WW because he's not an expert swordsmen.

Yep.

Harry can't use his invisible cloak 'cuz WW can see and smell invisible stuff even though that's not backed up by any real proof other than your word.

And other than the evidence provided that she's able to fight blindfolded.

Harry can get hit even if you can't provide proof he can. While I on the other hand gave you three different examples that he can't.

Yet you have provided nothing against that other than your own word.

If common sense is abstract to me, it's non-representational to you.

Says the man voting on Harry Potter on the merit of his magical cloak and sword. Despite all evidence to the contrary.

Oh and here's more evidence of Wonder Woman's fighting ability for Spider. Though despite the fact he'll disregard it because he doesn't use common sense.

1300740-wonder_woman_v2__215___page_4.jpg

1300714-wonder_woman_v2__215___page_3.jpg

2295857-wonder_woman_blind_badass_jla_iii.jpg

Don't worry Spider, I know you don't like common sense.

Have any of the Potter supporters taken into account that Wonder Woman will attack Potter before he can even react and kill him off instantly? Gordon can best Dedede in a close combat fight very easily due to his strength and proficiency with a sword.

It's the same case as The Flash vs Sora, Wonder Woman flies too quickly and takes out Harry before he can even manage to pull off a spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back