Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round Three...

P28zbGV.png

Stage: Vigrid Church

Both Wolverine and Alucard have lived a very long time; far longer than any human should. In their time they've fought hundreds, if not thousands of battles, and have survived them all. However, it's hard to imagine that this fight will produce more than one survivor. These two deadly immortals will clash in Vigrid Church, a large stone church with beautiful stained glass windows to cast colorful light on the carnage that is sure to unfold. Which one of these men lives to see another lifetime, and which one meets his grizzly end?

FIGHT!

I'm going with Alucard for the simple reason he can heal from fatal wounds instantly. Wolverine can as well but it takes a little bit. And I do have 2 scenerios to back that up but they're from the movies so please don't rip my head off because I don't read comic books. I'm going with what I know instead of making shit up or spewing the same stuff what people have said before.

In X-2 Wolverine gets shot right between the eyes. He does heal but he's down for at least 5 minutes. In The Wolverine he digs into his own chest cavity and removes something near his heart causing his heart to stop. Again he does heal and come back to kick ass but again it's after he's knocked out for at least 5 minutes.

I'm not saying it will be an easy fight for Alucard because he is fairly flamboyant and loves to play with his opponents but after a very long fight, days even Alucard would do something to Wolverine that would put him down for at least 5 minutes which should be good enough for the KO victory and Wolverine waking up looking for round 2.

No one's going to rip your head off because you picked great examples and you're on the right track with your argument.

Alucard's healing abilities are easily on par with Logan's. Possibly even greater. Beyond that, though, Alucard is much much more powerful than Logan. I don't think Alucard would have much trouble at all dealing with Wolverine's skeleton and as a result, he'd be able to rip Wolverine apart and destroy both his heart and brain or any part of him and devour him.

This one is tough. Both are damn near indestructible. Its been a while since seeing the anime, but I never watched it all. What does Alucard have that can counter the adamantium? His guns are powerful, but Logan has been shot with worse.

This probably ends in a decapitation. Question is who loses their head?

He doesn't have much to counter an indestructible metal.

But even with the Adamantium a well placed bullet will put Wolverine down for the KO

I don't think this battle is won by traditional means. Alucard's strength is scary. But I don't think he has what it takes to bite or rip through that skeleton.

The one thing Alucard does have over Wolverine is hypnosis and mental domination. Is there any precedent for Logan fighting off Professor X or The Phoenix? If so, then then ignore this. If not, then there shouldn't be anything stopping Alucard from hypnotizing Logan, walking him around like a lapdog, and then burying him in 30 feet of concrete the next day. Though this ability only works on Humans. Mutants are defined as a sub-species of human in Marvel.

One could argue that Alucard's respect for Father Anderson OR Father Anderson's mutations allowed him to be immune from Alucard's hypnosis, but Alucard never tried. Believing "only humans should slay monsters", he wanted Father Anderson to be the one that slayed him (Though this is thrown out the window when Anderson uses a holy item to transform into something non-human). This imposes a huge limitation to Alucard's character of course, and whether or not it should be used is up to you guys. Personally, if Alucard COULD use his hypnotism, I don't think he would against a challenge like Wolverine, even if he was desperate.

All of Alucard's stronger stuff, like Soul Absorption involve drinking ALL of Wolverine's blood, something Logan just regenerates too fast for. Unless you make the assumption that Alucard's familiars and higher levels give him enough strength to rip through the strongest metal around. Alucard could shoot him in the eye, but in the comics Hulk got a hold of Wolverine and shook him so hard that his brains were damaged. Hulk knew he couldn't break the adamantium, but the brain is an organ floating in a liquid inside his skull. By shaking him so hard he pretty much mushed the brains. Wolverine healed, with no lasting brain damage, and no memory loss. Meanwhile on the flipside, Logan can shred Alucard to pieces, but there is nothing that prevents the vampire from just regenerating as we all know.

These two would fight and fight until they both got bored.

If Alucard couldn't kill Logan (I personally think that he's strong enough to destroy the adamantium, but it's possible that he's not), then he's at least powerful enough and has enough weaponry to KO him.

It would be a long and grueling fight for them both, which is right up Alucard's ally. Once Alucard has seen enough of Wolverine's potential and realizes that Logan can do but so much, he'll ramp it up and end it. Unless one believes Logan could survive Alucard at his absolute best, but I don't think so. I'm not saying that Alucard would toy with Logan, but I don't think Logan is strong enough for Alucard's best.

Vote Alucard.

There's nothing Alucard can do to knock Wolverine off of his game. I think one of Alucard's best tricks is his ability to freak people out by morphing his body or releasing some hell hounds. Wolverine has seen too much shit (and survived a couple of trips to various hellscapes himself) to be knocked off his game by this.

Alucard also doesn't seem to be the world's greatest shot, especially when it's a target that's actively trying to avoid being shot by him. Allucard has very powerful guns, and while it would be impossible to shoot of a limb like he's capable of with human opponents, the gun could certainly provide impressive stopping power and possibly KO Wolverine if he nails enough head shots. But I don't think he has the sharpshooting abilities to land head shots on a guy who will be actively trying to dodge or block them (and is more than capable of doing either).

The only question I have is how does Wolverine end Alucard? I have no doubt that he could chop him into pieces, but can't Alucard recover pretty quickly from that?

Actually, here's another question: will being in a church do anything to debuff Alucard?

There's nothing Alucard can do to knock Wolverine off of his game. I think one of Alucard's best tricks is his ability to freak people out by morphing his body or releasing some hell hounds. Wolverine has seen too much shit (and survived a couple of trips to various hellscapes himself) to be knocked off his game by this.

Alucard also doesn't seem to be the world's greatest shot, especially when it's a target that's actively trying to avoid being shot by him. Allucard has very powerful guns, and while it would be impossible to shoot of a limb like he's capable of with human opponents, the gun could certainly provide impressive stopping power and possibly KO Wolverine if he nails enough head shots. But I don't think he has the sharpshooting abilities to land head shots on a guy who will be actively trying to dodge or block them (and is more than capable of doing either).

The only question I have is how does Wolverine end Alucard? I have no doubt that he could chop him into pieces, but can't Alucard recover pretty quickly from that?

Actually, here's another question: will being in a church do anything to debuff Alucard?

Not at all. Alucard's guns are actually marked with Holy imagery and are blessed weapons. The only thing that's been shown to limit Alucard's power, or put him in real jeopardy are insanely powerful holy weapons like Helena's Nail, and outright magic. Even if he knocks Wolverine out, these aren't fighters that are left satisfied with a simple KO once they've started on a bloodlust. They'll try desperately to kill each other.

I think both would end up being on their top game for this to be honest. Alucard would see Wolverine as highly skilled and someone worth fighting. Wolverine's prepped 24/7 for killing so the mind games really don't come into play here.

I would disagree, Alucard has shown the ability to connect with a head shot from a very long distance away. The difference is he's always fought enemies that have super human speed. Alucard's guns do not fire any faster than a normal gun would, so those that are fast enough can avoid the bullets.

So for this instance, Wolverine does move at super human speed, so yes he can dodge the bullets. Alucard moves at super human speed as well so it's about reflexes and positioning. Both are phenomenal warriors so this could be a fantastic chess match between the two of them dodging and attacking.

This battle is pretty much what Alucard vs. Father Anderson was. Anderson is a regenerator who can heal from pretty much anything, uses a multitude of blessed blades to cut Alucard up, and Alucard regens as well. They were fairly evenly matched in terms of speed and ability. In their final battle Alucard ripped Anderson's heart out to defeat him to make a long story short.

The difference is Anderson had a plethora of spells for a lack of a better term at his disposal to bind Alucard down allowing for a wider attack window as well as send a whirlwind of blades at him, of which Wolverine has no magic or mystical abilities at his disposal. Even with Anderson's blades blessed, they didn't do anything of particular other than slashing or stabbing damage to Alucard. Wolverine is going to cut up Alucard but it's not going to end up doing much.

Nah he's actively walked inside churches with no issues. He's used his own dark composition to melt a blessed silver cross down to be used a single bullet against Incognito in the original series. His own weaponry is blessed and has Christian imagery on them.

This isn't going to be a match that ends in death, only a KO, unless Alucard blows Wolverine up enough that he can devour him, though still not 100% sure on how Adamantium would react to the dark composition. That's going far too deep down a metaphysical argument with no basis for information.

I think it boils down to Wolverine can only hold out so long before succumbing to injuries. Wolverine has been knocked unconscious in the past, and has also collapsed from taking too much damage, effective enough for a KO, and with explosive rounds it should be enough to cause concussive damage at the very least. It's not going to be a short fight by any means of the imagination. They're going to battle for a long time, though as you said J, I don't think Wolverine has anything in his arsenal to do enough damage to keep Alucard down, nor is he going to be able to avoid every bullet sent his direction.

One final thing to note is Alucard does have the Dandy Man (or also known as Tubalcain Alhambra) who used razor sharp playing cards as weapons at his disposal as a familiar. These cards were shown to have a debilitating effect on regeneration abilities. When he and Alucard fought, the cards seemed to cause even Alucard difficulty regenerating from their damage. Since Alucard devoured him, he can summon him as a familiar and use those cards to either nullify or extremely slow down Wolverine's regeneration. Again, perhaps not enough to kill Wolverine, but enough to keep him down for the KO victory.

I don't see either guy as being able to psych each other out in this. Alucard, or Dracula if you prefer, is someone that's been around for the better part of six centuries and has slaughtered people for feeding or on the battlefield. Very few things are going to surprise him. Wolverine has seen pretty much everything and has gone up against pretty much everything from sentient bacteria created by the Deviants, human soldiers, cyborg mercenaries, planet destroying aliens, demons, gods and everything else in between. In a nutshell, the guy's been up against just about any sort of freak or weirdo that existence has to offer.

These two would ultimately just tear each other up because both of them are highly advanced self-healers who rely quite heavily on their regenerative powers. Alucard likes to taunt his opponents by allowing them to injure him just so he can freak them out by his powers but, of course, that won't work on Wolverine as he can do the same thing. His guns have the potential to knock Wolverine out and if that's the objective, it's feasible that Alucard could win if he catches Wolverine with enough shots.

Neither guy is exactly stable psychologically, but Wolverine does have a certain advantage that might get looked over. Basically, Alucard has something of a death wish in that he wants to face an opponent powerful enough to kill him and that he wishes to be killed by a human. I don't know if that means a simple, garden variety 9 to 5 Joe Blow or if it's someone that has powers who is still actually human. Yes, Wolverine is a mutant but mutants are still human overall. I'm leaning towards the latter because it's difficult to imagine an ordinary human that can kill Alucard. As a result, maybe on a subconscious level, Alucard would hold back and not really give it his all after coming across a human who can also heal from nearly anything, is a skilled warrior and has no qualms about killing? :shrug:

In Wolverine's case, probably the only ways to actually kill him are either by drowning or decapitation. Both are exceedingly difficult, if not outright impossible, if he isn't restrained or unconscious. After all, it'd take surgical precision to take his head off as the blade would have to pass between the connective tissues without hitting the vertebrae, which are bonded with an all but indestructible alloy. Alucard seems capable of recovering from just about everything, though decapitation and/or dismemberment would be enough to take him out of the fight and, eventually, his own regenerative powers would burn themselves out if he keeps receiving fatal injuries during a fight.

I can see this going either way, so I'm on the fence right now.

So, as far as I can tell from the arguments, Alucard is the one more likely to win, but all in all they probably can't kill each other. Alucard can knock him out with that 13mm Jackal if he gets a clean headshot.

But he'd get up a few minutes later.

Does that count? Is death necessary for victory? I feel like every other match has been to the death. Alucard's gotten the most votes, but no one's made a firm argument for victory here on either side.

So, as far as I can tell from the arguments, Alucard is the one more likely to win, but all in all they probably can't kill each other. Alucard can knock him out with that 13mm Jackal if he gets a clean headshot.

But he'd get up a few minutes later.

Does that count? Is death necessary for victory? I feel like every other match has been to the death. Alucard's gotten the most votes, but no one's made a firm argument for victory here on either side.
The rule has always been death or incapacitation. Alucard can incapacitate Wolverine, and therefore win.

What are Alucard's guns made from? Seems to me as a means to avoid them Wolverine could just slice them apart and there goes that means of knockout. Of course that would involve getting close enough before it already happens, but it's very likely considering Wolverine's capabilities.

What are Alucard's guns made from? Seems to me as a means to avoid them Wolverine could just slice them apart and there goes that means of knockout. Of course that would involve getting close enough before it already happens, but it's very likely considering Wolverine's capabilities.

That hadn't even crossed my mind. While both are state of the art, custom, and absolute beauties, Wolverine would slice right through them. And it's completely plausible that he could do that early on in the fight, leaving this a total stalemate.

I don't think slicing through the guns would be enough to force a stalemate, as Alucard has the ability to summon hounds of hell that could tear through Wolverine, though not without a fight of course. Still, even if Wolverine can regenerate after being torn to shreds, if he is out of commission for any period of time, it counts as incapacitation and therefore a loss.

The Luke Valentine fight is the one most commonly quoted in arguments for Alucard, I've found, partially because it's the easiest to find in high quality on YouTube, but look that up. This fight is going to be brutal and bloody for sure, but in the end I think Alucard has what it takes to incapacitate Wolverine before Wolverine incapacitates him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back