QF: (13)The Legend of Zelda:A Link to the Past -v- (120)Super Mario Galaxy

?

• LTTP

• Galaxy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Zelda_SNES.jpg

My favourite two games ever :(

250px-SuperMarioGalaxy.jpg

Well, I voted for Galaxy. Ten year between a true Mario platformer and it didn't fail at all. It also give the Wii a giant shot in the air as one of the few games that people with a Wii proudly say they played. :p

I keep saying to judge a game in a series check the one that came before it. For both games in this poll the game before is the worst in the series.

What did Galaxy bring though? Mario magic, great controls, new bad guys, new power ups, a game that you say to yourself 'just one more level' and of course the triumphant return of Luigi!

How about the Amazing soundtrack? The mix between 3D and 2D platforming, the brilliance of the lack of gravity making some great feats. A return of the fireflower that we hadn't had since World and some truly stunning visuals.

This is my second favourite game of all time. A true masterpiece and that's why I'm voting for Super Mario Galaxy.

LOL JK Imma tell you why!

Galaxy may be my second favourite game of all time, but The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past is my favourite.

A Link to the Past took the few good points of Zelda 2, mixed it with the overworld map of Zelda and gave us some great things. Making their first appearance there's the famous Kakariko Village, there's cuccoos, the hookshot, the triforce became a physical manifestation, a flute which looks like an Ocarina (Links awakening was the first with an Ocarina and the whistle was used in Zelda I and II), the great fairy giving us magic boosts, the piece of heart system. Should I carry on?

I don't need to mention that twenty years after its release the visuals are not dated. What about the side quest elements that has since become a stable part of the Zelda universe? What about the music? From the theme of the lost woods to the dark world overworld to the main Zelda theme. This was when Zelda really became about the music and the perfect mix of visuals to bring a truly emotional experience.

I love this game and everything about it, from when you leave your house and it's raining to the final moments when you hold the Triforce proudly above your head. The emotional trial you take across worlds. It's often said about certain games of the 16, 32 and 64 bit era “for its time it was great” very few transcend 'for its time' and remain as relevant today as it was on the day of release.

I dare anyone who says Video games is not an art form to play through this game. When you hit Lost woods in that cloudy mist mixed with that wonderful music to finally find the master sword. To then experience the disappointment that this is not the real Master Sword, this only added to the overall elation when you pull the sword out of the Pedestal of time. The fog clears. The main Zelda theme kicks in. You are a hero.

Vote for A Link to the past.

LOZ: LTTP, was a good game and all, though i found it mildly annoying, a good zelda game (of course, i liked all of them but havent played 2 or 3 unfortunetly but i will eventually, just need a new gameboy).

super mario galaxy, i rather enjoyed this game, brought a new aspect to the mario series, like super mario 64, this game was 3D which is another reason as to why i really like this game. it definately had new enemies to face and was an extremely awesome game, hence the reason my vote goes to super mario galaxy.

It's close but A Link to the past nipped it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back