• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PWG World Championship Vacant

Harthan

Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
At the latest PWG show, Guerre Sans Frontières, "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson made his final PWG appearance in a victory over Chris Hero for the PWG World Championship, earning himself his second reign with the title. Due to being unable to defend the title because of his contract with the WWE, he immediately vacated the title, and thus, PWG is without a world champion. The question now is - who's the 15th PWG World Champ?

First off, I think it's almost a guarantee that the 2009 Battle of Los Angeles is where this gets decided. It's just about time for the tournament, and it's extremely logical to decide the title there. I believe that would make the first time the title was defended in the BOLA, which will be pretty cool.

The leading options are, in my mind, Joey Ryan, Scott Lost, El Generico, and Roderick Strong. Joey Ryan has been really hot on the title lately and has had a number of title contests, albeit losing ones, against Hero. The inevitable tournament to decide the title could go well in favor of Ryan, who is a former PWG Champion, of course, and the second longest reigning guy.

Scott Lost has picked up a number of victories lately and seems to be moving toward the PWG main event, and the same goes for Strong, who seems to be picking up steam in PWG. El Generico is a classic mainstay of PWG as well, and this could be time for his second reign.

My leading candidate at the moment is Ryan, but I'd not be surprised if Ryan, Lost, or Generico nabbed it. Of course, if it's decided in the BOLA, that'll mean a plethora of talent not regular to PWG being involved, and we could see Austin Aries or Tyler Black nab it, potentially. Another sleeper might be Jimmy Jacobs, who has recently left ROH for good, apparently, and if he wants to stay big in the indy scene, especially with IWA-MS closing, PWG is the right place to go for him...and with a vacant title waiting for him, Jimmy Jacobs might be the man to take the helm of PWG.

First off, I think it's almost a guarantee that the 2009 Battle of Los Angeles is where this gets decided.

Yes, Chris Hero twitted this right after the match:

"Took nearly an hour but Bryan beat me. PWG title is vacant & will go to the winner of BOLA 09. I'm exhausted in many ways. @ LAX now"

So, yeah.... the tournament will decide the next PWG Champion.

Personally, I think the final will end up being Chris Hero vs. Kenny Omega. As far as who will win? Shit, who knows? You could go either way. Omega is one of the hottest up and comers out there right now and one of the most over babyfaces in PWG. And then you have Hero, who was doing an awesome job as champ before, and maybe PWG wasn't ready to take the belt off him, but just did so to give Dragon a memorable send off. So, like I said, it could go either way, but I do think those are the two main choices PWG will be looking at to make their next champion.

Personally, I think the final will end up being Chris Hero vs. Kenny Omega. As far as who will win? Shit, who knows? You could go either way. Omega is one of the hottest up and comers out there right now and one of the most over babyfaces in PWG. And then you have Hero, who was doing an awesome job as champ before, and maybe PWG wasn't ready to take the belt off him, but just did so to give Dragon a memorable send off. So, like I said, it could go either way, but I do think those are the two main choices PWG will be looking at to make their next champion.

No I'm pretty sure it's not gunna be Omega/Hero for the belt, since Chuck Taylor Beat El Generico at Speed Of Sound for number one contendership of the tag belts, and Omega is Chucky T's partner if you didn't know. So I'm thinkin they'll be going after The Young Bucks.

My money is on either Joey Ryan or Scott Lost. Ryan has been in a bunch of title matches lately so he seems like a logical candidate. Also, Lost has won a couple of matches lately defeating the likes of Colt Cabana and Human Tornado. And it's about time Scott Lost won the belt!
And of course they can always put the belt back on Hero.
So my money is on either Ryan, Lost, or Hero.

I would go with ether

Hero-The guys a beast lately and after that interview post match after loseing the belt looks like he is gonna become even more of a beast.

Davey Richards-I really think this guy is amazing in the ring. Alot like Hero and Danielson and Kenta mixed

Brian Kendrick-It would be awesome to see him take it since his recent come back. Plus the guy is magic in the ring so why not?

As for guys that it probably wont be but I wish would be
Colt Cabana
Paul London
and RVD(making a surprise appearance at the tourney)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back