Pure Football?

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I really do not know what to make of this at all. I only just found out that a new pretender to the FIFA throne was coming out and you will see the trailer for said pretender above. It is a Ubisoft release and will be released in May of this year. I have to question whether that is a smart move on their part but it could work either way. Either, FIFA crushes them and we hear no more from Ubisoft. Or, football fever grips people, which it generally does and the game performs better than expected on the back of the World Cup and the officially licensed game. However, I digress and I would like to get onto the main point of this thread and that is, what you think this game will be like.

From what I can see, this game really seems to be like a mix of FIFA Street and Pro Evolution. Is that smart? I mean, FIFA Street has become a terrible game and Pro Evolution Soccer is getting crushed by EA every year. To my mind, this looks promising but I am not going to hold my breath for something special. To be honest, I think this game is just a flash in the pan to capitalize on the World Cup and we likely wont see the game become part of a series. That being said, with Gerrard on board and a rumoured other 16 licensed pros to accompany 17 international teams, this could be a fun little addition to the football gaming world.

What do you guys think?

FIFA Street is shit. When I see that, I'm thinking, "This is going to be the most frustrating game in the world". Why? The selling point appears to be that there isn't a referee, and judging by the video, that means that fouling is going to play a big part. Let me put you in a situation. Your against your mate, you've wanted to beat him for ages. It's 3-3 and getting towards the end of the match. Gerrard makes a run into the box, WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU GET SCYTHED DOWN. It will be shit in the same way that real football in the park is shit when some knobend keeps kicking you.

Doesnt look that special at all, as you said it just looks like a way to make money with the World Cup approaching.

Its amazing how little competition FIFA has at the moment, the one series that was competing well and at one point beating it has shot itself in the foot apparently.

Unless this gets rave reviews somehow, I probably wont even bother to rent this.

Meh, it could fun but it could also be terrible no question about it. Like previously stated it looks and feel similar to FIFA street which is a horrendous game, though I feel that way about any of the street games. I do love soccer games so as long as it controls like the actual FIFA games it will have a small chance at being decent but I am leaning toward it being rubbish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back