• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Punk vs. Bryan, how long for?

Shining Mizard

World Heavyweight Champion
Over hear in Australia the world tour in August/September is being advertised to have a duel main event. One being Cena vs. Big Show, the other is CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan in a submission match for the WWE title with Punk holding the championship.

Obviously this is still about two months away from happening which got me thinking, how long with this currently feud last for? I have a feeling that soon they may infact allow Bryan to win the WWE title off Punk and move him to RAW permanently to further this rivalry for a while. As of right now Bryan is the only person I can see ending Punk's current title run, and would be the most logical option as well.

What are your thoughts?
How long with these two be feuding for and will Bryan eventually defeat CM Punk for the title?

I'm unsure. Whilst I am fucking excited to see them in a submission match here in Sydney, storyline wise I cant see them doing it much longer.

As we all know now there are plans to have their proper match at 'Mania next year, by proper I mean with the real finish, and so I kind of see this as a way to tease the feud, get the backdrop started, the WWE backdrop that is, show us what they can do and then bring it back later.

I think what their doing with Kane may be a way to have him take over in the WWE title picture by taking Bryan out in revenge for his chair assault on Smackdown, Bryan can return to help Punk get rid of him but still be enemies, teasing it some more and then we'll finally see the real thing next year.

Just my thoughts, and well it is WWE and knowing them they may just do that quickly and have the match at Summerslam

I think Punk vs Bryan is kinda the new Cena vs. Edge - An on-off rivalry with a lot of matches including some absolute classics. 2 guys who have respect for each other but will put on a hell of a match at a number of PPVs with almost every stipulation!

At first they were advertising Tensai v Cena now it is Show v Cena but that mat match seems set with the submission situation so i see Bryan failing to win it Punk always getting a pinfall win and then Bryan talking up a feud via submission by saying he cant beat him that way maybe using the past PPV as an example of Bryan getting Punk to tap

Punk/Bryan as of so far hasn't had that storyline hook that could deliver a months-long feud. However, this mostly-athleticism feud so far has been refreshing.

I say Summerslam could be an Iron Man match. I hope so darn it!

This just seems to be an AJ revenge feud, where she just hops all over Punk's shaft (probably irl as well, amirite?) because he is beating down her ex-boyfriend.

I am interested to see how AJ's role in this pans out, to be honest. She seems to be in the middle, pretending to be happy about Punk going against Bryan but still has feeling for Bryan and doesn't want to see him hurt (just a vibe I get).

The feud itself hasn't really been built up much, at least not yet, so hard to say how long it will go, but I do have to agree that I also think Bryan is about the only guy that could take the title from Punk. I can't really picture anyone else doing it....

I think Bryan's a filler feud for Punk. With Punk's reign so far, he isn't losing that belt until around Summerslam and tbh I think Punk will be walking into Summerslam as the challenger to whoever cashes in on him with Money in the Bank (which I think will happen on the 1000th episode of RAW), and judging by rumours that guy may be Cody Rhodes.

This fued ahs been great so far. they're both incredibly skilled and competitive and putting an angry Kane in between them makes it even better. Kane's no longer just a prop. I would hope Kane gets added eventually and akes it a thripe threat fued but truth be told. I just see Kane coming out at the end of their match to destroy them both and be domne with the games and that'll be it for Kane. Then they will go back to fighting. I would say in these days fueds aren't that long so maybe it will culminate right before or at Summerslam. I wouldn't imagine what kind of match would end it, maybe 2 out of 3 falls or something that allows one of them to completely claim victory without any confusion. I hope it will be Bryan but unfortunatley Punk will win the war, whilst bring will win alot of the battles

If they keep putting on matches like the ones they've been putting on all year I'd say all the way to Wrestlemania but that's unrealistic expectations. Hopefully up to Survivor Series, but least up to Summerslam. If the WWE breaks it up intermittently, with feuds like Bryan/Kane and maybe get Punk/Tensai in a feud before jumping back onto Punk/Bryan going into a big PPV it could keep the feud fresh on TV at least, but based on past work that may be asking a lot from creative. At some point if this feud's gonna carry on Bryan will need to win the title, it's not like Jericho where he can continually lose and still maintain the same position, at some point if Bryan doesn't win his potential could be killed.

Punk and Bryan will likely feud on and off for a large amount of their time in WWE. Like some of the other long running feuds they are similar yet different enough to find new ways to put on great matches with each other, as a feud it could be the next HBK/Bret in terms of longevity and ferocity (though hopefully all in front of the curtain)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back