Psychologically Disturbing, Round Two: Gummo vs. Bully

Discussion in 'Horror Film Mini-Tournament (2010)' started by Cena's Little Helper, Oct 19, 2010.

?

Which Film Is More Disturbing?

1. Gummo

2. Bully

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Cena's Little Helper

Cena's Little Helper Mid-Card Championship Winner

Martyrs (1997, Directed by Harmony Korine)

[​IMG]

Did You Know?: World-renowned filmmaker Werner Herzog was so impressed with Gummo that he would later star in Julian Donkey-Boy, Harmony Korine's second directorial effort.

vs.

Bully (2001, Directed by Larry Clark)

[​IMG]

Did You Know?: Bully definitively proves that Bijou Phillips is one hot piece of tail.​

2. INDYjon22

INDYjon22 Nome is where your heart is

I liked Bully when I watched it. It was intense and the Bobby Kent murder was difficult to watch, but I could stomach it. I can't say the same for everything I have seen from Gummo. In fact, I am watching the opening sequence of Gummo right now and it is incredibly unsettling. The way the camera is moving and the depictions of the town mixed with narrator and music just gives me a chill. Not that it is scary or anything but it does some realistic and I have a hard time believing people live like this. Creepy is definitely an appropriate word. Another clip I am watching is of people in a kitchen encouraging two men to beat up a chair as if it were a person. The words they chose and the way the are encouraging these people to "stomp" a chair as if it were an actual person is a disturbing depiction.

Maybe it is just me but the life style and hygienics of Gummo are much more disturbing to me then Bully. Though I have no problem with either movie moving on.

BooCocky likes this.