• Ultimate Warrior's Farewell

• The Rock, Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan Open Wrestlemania

• Paul Heyman's Victory Speech - Raw After Wrestlemania

• Brock Lesnar Is Plan C - Raw, July 21

• Paul Heyman In Chicago - Raw, March 3

• The Rock, Lana and Rusev - Raw, October 6

• Adrian Neville Can't Tell Sami Zayn What To Be Proud Of - NXT, December 4

Results are only viewable after voting.
Paul Heyman is always quality on the mic, everything he did this year was great. Loved him getting to troll Chicago in the spring the most though.

Ultimate Warrior's speech was obviously given more emotional weight given what happened the day after. That he could finally return to a WWE ring to address his fans was a beautiful moment in and of itself and when he donned the mask to speak as Ultimate Warrior sent genuine chills through me for the whole speech.

Lesnar as Plan C: That is how to sell a PPV match. Heyman's rant was fantastic (as always) and Lesnar's mock bad-ass act alongside him was terrific (again, as always) and they had the perfect foil in Cena.

The Ultimate Warrior speech was the most awesome babyface promo in years. The man went out and poured his soul with a motivational speech towards fans and the locker room. It was a genuinely touching moment to get to do that on Raw and get that last great hoorah before the unexpected happened the very next day.

Heyman was awesome this year, quite easily the best promo guy all year.

I'll give this one to his promo in Chicago because that was a situation I didn't think WWE had a solution to. Fans wanted Punk, but he wasn't there and they were going to make their dipleasure known. Then Paul came along and salvaged the situation to a large degree.

Heyman's Chicago promo was lavish, but Ultimate Warrior's words will and would have resonated forever, had he not met his untimely end shortly thereafter. They were profound and passionate from one of the most oddball guys in wrestling, and that's saying something. That speech wasn;t just 14 years in the making, it was a moment in time in wrestling history.

Heyman will always say great things. Warrior's words were rare and special.

My favorite was Cena's "passion" promo in the build-up to his match with Lesnar. If I recall, he said it to Paul Heyman. One of my all-time favorite promos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back