Promo Of The Year

Discussion in '2010 Wrestling Awards' started by klunderbunker, Dec 1, 2010.

?

Promo Of The Year

1. Shawn Michael's Farewell

2. John Cena's Farewell

3. Piper's Pit at Old School

4. Jack Swagger Lists His Accomplishments

5. Daniel Bryan Goes Off On Michael Cole

6. Kurt Angle Sends Soldiers After Mr. Anderson

7. Jay Lethal vs. Ric Flair: The WOO Off

8. Batista Explains Why He Hates Cena

9. Miz Walks Through The Back Then Yells At MVP

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Uncle Chester

Uncle Chester I see you, and your penis.

The Daniel Vryan promo was absoltely epic and just so surprsing and out of the ordinary for the WWE, it for me anyways is the clear pick.

2. StraightEdge for Life

StraightEdge for Life Occasional Pre-Show

How the hell can you put Jack Swagger's accomplishment's promo on and not one CM Punk promo. The one on the 900th episode of Raw still makes me laugh like I watched it for the first time. It was genius. The fact that he even brought up Katie Vick made me burst into tears with laughter. Especially with the Stone Cold music, I just couldn't stop laughing because I knew all the gullible kids would fall for it. But what was in my opinion was the funniest about it was when he show's the video of John Cena throwing Edge into the Long Island Sound and then he says he would never threw another competitor into a body of water when he threw Chavo Guerrero into the Gulf of Mexico.

That's just one of promo's that great and he at least deserves 3 or 4 promos in this category.

3. Coco

Coco Mid-Card Championship Winner

You're 16. You are a kid.

4. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Rear Naked Bloke

Oh shit - Coco's shooting.

5. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

Of those, its Batista, because he was at his best ever. Fucking ridiculous there's nothing from Punk on there though - come on, half way through the Royal Rumble? What's wrong with you people?

6. ABMorales787

ABMorales787 Lord And Master
    Staff Member Administrator

The Rumble promo, the birthday song, the 900th Raw shoot out, the one where Serena debuted, shame the one where he took a Slammy from Jeff Hardy wasn't in 2010.

7. The Bottom Line

The Bottom Line Dark Match Jobber

definitely the hbk farewell... theres no way tht the batista one should even come close... an i hav my reasons for believin tht. Batistas was all scripted, had less feeling and emotion in it an was basically just a rant. HBK was non-scripted, which in my opinion, makes the promo more meaningful. he could say whatever he wanted an put everything into his last talk with his fans... jus my opinion

8. Uncle Sam

Hey man, shut up! Jay Lethal and Ric Flair wooed at each other. Like, repeatedly.

9. IrishCanadian25

IrishCanadian25 Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

Pretty sure I'd nominated Punk once or twice. Brilliant year for him, promo wise.

From this list, I voted Piper just because he forced everyone else around him to raise their game. He also reminded us fans who are settling for enjoying this new school wrestling how the skill set has been dilluted in today's talent.

10. KeepItFresh

KeepItFresh Call me Quality

I purposely didn't even consider voting for HBKs, because it didn't lead to anything.

Oh and yeah I did vote for Batista's promo. It led to what I would still call the best feud of the year. The Woo Off and Jack Swagger's appreciation promo would follow after that. I still want a god damn Swaggie.

11. GIMH

GIMH Lifelong Jerichoholic

Oh wow, some amazing stuff in there and it'd be fair to say there's a lot that hasn't made the cut as well, c'est la vie.

I'll discount the HBK farewell because it's not really a promo IMO. Loved every second of it, don't get me wrong.

Honourable mentions that I'd have included would be The Miz at Summerslam, Kane's "because of your pride" promo, the winds of change from Barrett, ugh I could go on.

I don't watch a lot of TNA, not being a hater, but my vote is gonna be going to a WWE promo.

The Miz-MVP thing was great, never understood why they never billed the US title match at the Rumble until the night of the show as they had some great heat following that.

Swagger's accomplishment promo was excellent; hanging out a lot with success and greatness, and "if I suck then why do I have my own sandwich named after me? It's called a Swaggie and it's delicious. It tastes like freedom." I wanted a Swaggie after that.

Batista's promo on Cena was EXCELLENT; it was odd seeing Cena actually lost for words for once. TBH Batista was excellent from his heel turn through to his departure, my personal favourite was probably the promo on Smackdown where he said nothing.

Cena's farewell was one of his best ever as well. Really sold the emotion and could have almost had you believe he was actually going to leave, made me wish I was watching in a non-internet age where perhaps there was something I didn't know and he really did have to leave.

Piper's Pit just misses out for me. I get chills hearing the 'don't you spit in my face John Cena' line. The fact that The Miz effectively spat in his face anyway makes it all the more powerful watching it back.

But I'm going for the Daniel Bryan promo. I'm not someone who claims I was a hgue fan of him before NXT, I'd seen bits that a mate had played me on DVDs and that but I don't get into indy stuff huge. But he sold everything perfectly in that promo and who didn't want to see him kill Cole after he had chipped away at him from week one? Excellent promo, have watched it about fifteen times and don't get sick of it.

12. Mighty NorCal

Mighty NorCal SHALL WE BEGIN?

Wait, that Miz thing happened THIS year?

oh, dude. By a fucking MILE. My jaw was agape by the end of that. One of the few moments when someone goes from just another guy to "holy shit, this person is to be taken seriously" in a single promo. I knew the Miz was a future world champion after this promo.

13. Mighty NorCal

Mighty NorCal SHALL WE BEGIN?

Oh, and no offense KB becuase I <3 you, but the options here are a joke.

No CM Punk ruining a little girls Birthday? Promo during the royal rumble?

Or, the vastly forgotten, underrated promo during elimination chamber?

"It is YOU five locked in here with ME!! *points at undertaker* You better pray....you better pray you dont come up next"

14. Macca

Macca The Sunflower Samurai

Punk is being shut out here.

Apart from all the other examples, my pick would have the 900th episode promo from C.M., which was the only segment of the night that went above and beyond the call of duty

Batista's promo was the shit though, it felt like we were seeing the real
    uncut Batista that had been lying dormant in him for years.

15. Uncle Sam

I missed that pay-per-view. No fair.

16. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

I went with the options that were given to me for the most part. And the birthday promo never did it for me.

17. gd

gd Plump, Juicy User

I too would've gone with the birthday promo. Making little girls cry = quality work. Save me, Punk. Save me.

Swaggie deserves to win an award though. Or at least get one vote. He's vastly underrated on the mic and the beginning of his title run was actually quite good. Too ba they totally mucked it up.

18. Pay Per Ghost

Pay Per Ghost What they f*ck happened in the thread section here

If Undertaker was out next he would've stiffed Punk good. The look on his face was 'specially' murderous. Can't blame the guy. He was almost burnt alive like 7 minutes prior.

Punk's RR promo was magical. You know you have a special talent, when you can so effortlessly talk MID-MATCH!
    And the Ryder Smack was the chuckles.

19. future admin

future admin Getting Noticed By Management

How is the Winds of Change promo not on here?!? That was epic! I will probably have to go with the Woo Promo!

20. JGlass

JGlass Unregistered User

While Miz is certainly effective on the mic, I don't think he is by any means one of the greatest. He's not very creative or original. That said, he gave one of the BEST promos I have ever seen. It had a little bit of everything a heel needs, a sob story, arrogance, ridiculous statements, yelling at the audience... it was great. It has my vote.

21. Undertaker the 5th

Undertaker the 5th Graveyard Punk

I went with Cena's farewell.

I know it was not a real farewell, but he made you believe it was. The way he delivered it, how he cried, and everything to do with it just seemed real even though it wasn't. I was thorn between this one and Batista's because his was really good too. I think I never heard him sound so real other than his promo when Eddie Guerrero died.

22. THE Madcap

THE Madcap I'm MASSIVE and RIPPED

This promo is just simply too good to be ignored. I don't even like The Miz but damn, this got my vote.

23. gurvinder372

gurvinder372 Occasional Pre-Show

My Vote goes for Cena's farewell. I knew that it is a storyline firing but still he manages to move the me and crowd with his farewell speech. And asking the half the crowd to say "Cena Sucks" and rest of them to say "Lets go Cena" was the highlight of that farewell speech.
    I also liked "Jack Swagger Lists His Accomplishments". His lisp problem made it more funny for me. While he was going on with rants on his accomplishments, i was expecting someone to come out and made fun of him.

24. zomigosh

zomigosh Occasional Pre-Show

I'm really surprized that none of CM Punk's promo's were up there yet we have Jack Swagger's terrible accomplishments promo.

25. Mekanik Kommandoh

Mekanik Kommandoh Absolutely Free

The Batista promo gets my vote. Throughout the ten minutes Cena and Batista talked to each other, everything came into perspective. They debuted roughly around the same time. They won their first world titles on the same night. They are two of the biggest draws since Austin and Rock. And yet, Cena is the face of the company. It should be no surprise that Batista would attack Cena...he was jealous and thought he deserved that position.

Yeah, Batista was a little over the top at times, but when he wanted to be serious, he was. And it was awesome.