• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Preparation for Success: Tag Teams

Little Jerry Lawler

Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids
This isn't to discuss how can tag teams be in a success in the WWE. This is a discussion on how tag team wrestlers can be successful once they have split up.

Some of the greatest tag teams in history have had great singles careers once they split up but there are many examples of those who haven't. When The Rockers broke up, Shawn Michaels became one of the best while Marty failed to meet the same expectation. Jeff Hardy went on to become a multi-time World Champion. His brother Matt has had success as well but not as much as his younger brother. Brother Ray and Brother D-Von were split up and tested as singles wrestlers but soon were put back together.

The reason I think most tag team wrestlers are successful as singles competitors as because they were tested while they were still in the tag team division. Look at Jeff Hardy for example. While he was with his brother Matt, he was fighting against HHH and the Undertaker. In a sense you can say he was prepared inevitably when the Hardys split. I believe it would do wonders for these current tag teams in the next few years. A Legacy breakup has been in the works and I'm surprised DiBiase and Rhodes haven't had a lot of singles matches and they've been together over a year. When they break up, it will be sink or swim time and this way they may be given a little bit of leeway if they don't quickly meet the expectations.

So what is a good preparation for success for tag team wrestlers once they have split up. Is it testing them as single competitors or is it something entirely different?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back