PPV Poster Competition: Over The Limit

Theo Mays

Part Time Poster
Seeing as we had one for Extreme Rules and then jumped right into Capitol Punishment, we seemingly skipped WWE's upcoming PPV. That of course being, Over The Limit. This is pretty much for shits and giggles, no need for us inhabitants of the Palace of Sigdom to go cut throat on each other here. So go above and beyond and most importantly have fun. Also remember this is a non-spam zone so explain how you went about making your poster and such. Looking forward to seeing some entries.

Speaking of entries (such an incredible segue) here is mine for the Over The Limit PPV:

nwdo4o.png

Like I said in the Capitol Punishment thread I couldn't sleep and decided to make the posters for the PPV in the Book This project #1Peep and I are running. The ideas Extreme Rules and Capitol Punishment came to me rather easily. This one took me awhile. I tried different techniques and went through a handful of superstars until I found a render of Mysterio and decided to roll with him (needless to say that render wasn't even used). However that render did lead me to the background which I got when typing in "gold lightning" on google. I then applied a dark red color overlay on it set on screen followed by a diagonal stripe pattern overlay. Next I got three action poses of Mysterio and scattered them throughout the background set on lighten. I then put the main render in front and center. Next I followed it up by adding the logo, the info, and Mysterio's name. I then did a glass effect with the opacity set to 53 and ended it with a sharpen which the opacity was set at 23. Pretty simple, took me forever though due to the fact I couldn't settle on a superstar.​

Here it is,
My masterpeice.

Loved the result!

Here is how I made it:

First I had a size 500 x 300 canvas, and added a black color as my background

Then, I added another 2 or 3 layers on top of the canvas

and applied many colorful grundgy brushes.

I then put them on opacity, and added some outerglow but very low opacity.

Then I was trying out many renders of The Miz, because he is simply AWESOME!

And I added this render, and applied black brush strokes, then i put a bit of an outerglow around him.

Underneath the black brush strokes, I added 2 matchcard images, and put them under opacity.

I then decided to make it look more official by putting WWE.COM, WWEHD logo, and National Guard (to make them look like co-sponsors)

I also put for my 5.22.11 text, in IMPACT font, and then applied a yellow, orangish gradient and a black stroke level 1 around it.

HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT!!!

overthelimit20112.png

I've finished up my entry and I'm really happy with it.

Here are the steps I took:
I started with a 300X400 canvas with a black BG.

Then I pasted in my image of The Miz and duplicated it twice.

I desaturated both duplicates and set to overlay. I then merged them and duplicated the it again. This gave it and edgy look.

I then did some brush strokes in red, orange and navy blue (going by the colour scheme in the actual poster) on a new layer, duplicated that layer and flipped the top one horizontally.

Then I merged them and went to filters>noise>pick. I then did a zoom blur. I learned that trick in one of the stickied tutorials.

I added the logo and my own text to a new layer and grew the selection by 4.

On a new layer I made a blue>red gradient and Gaussian blurred it. Then I moved that underneath the original and gave the original a black stroke.

Lastly I wrote THE MIZ and gave it a blurred black stroke.

Thanks everybody. Hopefully I'm in with a chance of winning this. This one's way better than my Capitol Punishment one :lmao:

Alrighty then. This is my Over The Limit poster featuring William Regal. Why Regal? Because he's one of the most underrated and underutilized wrestlers in WWE.

OverTheLimit.png

I started with an image of the Space Needle in Seattle as the PPV will be hosted in Seattle. I blurred it. Desaturated it. Put in a paper texture. There was some brushing in there, I think. I put in my main Regal image in and messed about with the levels and stuff. I then put in the background images which show the two sides of Regal. It then came to the logo. I didn't feel that the official logo fitted in well with the poster so I just made/wrote one. It's just text with a couple of horizontal lines, to be honest. I then put in a couple of adjustment layers (including a desaturation one which I erased over the focal). Then it was simply a case of putting in the text and my logo.

I know it's very dark and monochrome, but I like it. It was also a lot of fun to make and experiment with. Also, I'll get on with giving feedback for things tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back