• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Potential: Trent Barreta

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
Trent-Barreta.jpg

Trent Barreta

Went back a couple of pages and there is nothing on him, so I'm throwing caution to the wind here and am starting the thread to discuss a guy whose being used so poorly, but is actually a great wrestler.

Trent Barreta debuted on an episode of ECW alongside Caylen Croft, then known as "The Dudebusters." A young team, it was obvious that Barreta had a look about him, he isn't the biggest guy but he's very good shape. Barreta and Croft went on to accomplish little, but it was due to Croft's eventual WWE release that Barreta would show his talents, mostlly where a lot of talent seems to be these days, on WWE Superstars.

Turning face, Barreta entered a feud with Curt Hawkins which included some very good; and I'm not exaggerating, matches on the WWE's "C" show.

[YOUTUBE]EG_tfZrYhqM[/YOUTUBE]

After three matches on Superstars, Trent Barreta made an appearence on Smackdown facing the floundering Drew McIntyre, and in a shock result, defeated the former "Chosen One" and entering into the anticlimatitc storyline between McIntyre and Kelly. Seemingly, this was to begin a push of sorts, but it came to no result.

[YOUTUBE]bKFG3Aq7d_4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

Barreta has appeared more frequently on Smackdown, losing out to Ted DiBiase and recently Jinder Mahal. But even in those matches, Barreta showed his selling talents. He shows a good personality, and if you watch his match with Hawkins he has great and innovative in-ring talent.

What's your opinion on Trent Barreta?

Do you see a future for him within the WWE?

Is there anyway you think he can improve?

He is an enormous ring talent, but his character doesn't even spell mid-card...
He needs to improve it, WWE always proved that ring talent doesn't get you at no place if you can't get over with the crowd.

He needs to develop a character, to cut promos and if WWE doesn't let him grab the mic, just yell to the crowd something, try to connect, he needs to be himself.
(CM Punk is a perfect example on how he can connect with the crowd, he is only himself and we all love his work)

He can't be any sort of champion despite Tag Team Champion with his name, he needs a new name.
Trent Barreta is not a superstar name, is not a main eventer name... He needs to have something that sticks.
His theme song also needs to change and to be a type of song taht say anything about him.
Every WWE Superstar is good, but some are better only because they had his chance and that Creative let them run with the ball.

Random Thought:
If the WWE Universe started to chant "We Want Ryder" in a main-event match, do you think that Vince would make what we want?

-I'll admit to being a mark of Trentylocks. The guy is just fun to watch in the ring and despite his spot on the card he usually shines and looks good in the process.

-Barreta certainly has untapped potential. He is still young and is flashy in the ring which can get him over with the audience. I think at tops he could be a midcard guy who competes or even holds the US or IC title on occasions. However I think Barreta will likely remain in the role that he is in due to the fact he is a great seller and makes his opponents look good in the process.

Is there anyway you think he can improve?
-There is always room for improvement. No matter how high on the card, you can always improve your trade. Barreta could work on better connecting with the audience. Of course mic time would be useful there as that is the best way to connect to the people. I haven't heard much from Trenty on the mic to get a good opinion on it, but if he can impress the higher ups and get himself higher on the card he'll get that time to improve.

Reminds me of a young Shawn Michaels. Seems to have loads of potential and I really think if the WWE is trying to bring back managers this guys would benefit in a situation like that. He is getting used on Superstars a lot and got squashed by Mahal last week on SD!. So at least he hasn't been forgotten about yet.

I gotta say, I really do like Trent Barreta. I think he has tons of talent but unfortunatly I dont see him really going anywhere, he needs to work on a few things if he's going to move up.
I say until he gets some time on the mic to cut some promos he isnt going anywhere, he needs to let everyone know he's legit and then continue to show it in the ring. The main problem is that alot of fans dont know jackshit about him so he doesnt have a huge reaction, give the guy the oppertunity to move up by putting him in a match at the bottom of a ppv and then let him cut a promo about how he doesnt get recognition for his talent and he's here to make an impact. I however dont see him holding any titles, maybe if he teamed with Evan Bourne they could win the tag titles but the most I see him doing is challenging for the IC title and losing. Barreta is alot like a mix of John Morrison and Evan Bourne, only he doesnt have the fans & reaction that Bourne does but I think with some work and exciting matches he'll get noticed by the fans and the boss.

He is an incredible athelete. I like his look, style, wrestling ability, everything Trent does usually draws my attention. He seems to work really hard and for someone to do that on a show like Superstars means they are indeed dedicated. Him and Chris Masters probably have the most potential in the WWE but will likely get no where. I think the firing of Caylen Croft was somewhat of a warning shot meant to light a fire up under Trent's ass. He has been apart of some really awesome Superstars rilvaries but that has since died down a bit.

Do i see a future with him in the WWE? Actually, to be honest, no. He's been in the WWE a little too long with nothing to really show for it except a few good matches on a show which averaged a few thousand viewers peer week. He damn sure has tons of potential, but I live day to day thinking I am going to come here, finding a hundreds threads about the WWE letting Trent go. And I'll be severly suprised if he isn't gone by the end of the year...which truly is as damn a shame.

Thank you.

I also think Barreta is a great worker. I love his agile ability, and that corkscrew-type move of the top rope amazes me every time. I agree with you that because of Croft's release that Barreta was dropped a bit, but I think that Barreta is an excellent singles competitor.

Trent Barreta is an interesting case. While he has tons of potential, he's somewhat small and lacks that crowd connection, as of right now. On the flip side, he's stellar in the ring and has an interesting look, but is that enough to carry him through the WWE? He needs to work on his mic ability, but if he can get that down and get some more TV time, we have ourselves a potential midcard champion. He perfect for Smackdown, he's a "wrestle-first" type of guy, so if he can get the total package ready, he'll be able to ascend up the card easily.

all i have to say is: watch the 4 matches he recently had tyson kidd on superstars, they're all great! i'll even go on to say that the first one was ppv quality!

I think his a good talent.His got talent but not that great on the mic.Innovative offence from him and great matches with Curt Hawkins.

In a few years I can see a Midcard Title run.In a few years Vince will realise all his up coming stars arent huge steroid freaks and push people with Trents size.That'll also make his victorys believeable.I mean Trent beating HHH isnt that believeable.

Is there anyway you think he can improve?[/QUOTE]
Mic Skills.Just work on them a tad bit.Then find a way to stand out to Vince.Thats how he'll get his push.

I like Trent Barreta. Always have. The Dudebusters were such a cool tag team. The problem is that his partner got released and he has been stuck jobbing. Trent has loads of potential as a midcard face and possibly further if they let him develop his personality as the quirky gamer. Heck, he and AJ could do an angle together. I do not see him ever improving unless they give him a chance to do something other than jobbing though because the fans will not care otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back