Potential: Adam Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
img_4687.jpg

Adam Cole

The fourth installment of the series sees us step outside of the WWE and into the independant scene, to charter the rise of what could be the next independant sensation in Ring Of Honor's Adam Cole.

Cole was trained at the Combat Wrestling Zone academy, making his debut in June 2008, beginning as a tag team competitor before moving into singles competition. Cole began to rise from obscurity with his series of matches with little-known indy star Sabian, where they wrestled to a twenty minute time limit draw three times. Finally he would defeat Sabian in a Triple Threat involving Ryan Ruckus where he captured the CZW World Junior Heavyweight Championship, holding it to this day, his reign spans a year.

[YOUTUBE]D_xMfwrVVAk[/YOUTUBE]

Adam continues performing in CZW, but once he made his debut in Ring Of Honor, Cole; who entered as Carelle began to shine through his feud and eventual alliance with Kyle O'Reilly. Cole's feud began to grow with Kings of Wrestling, teaming with various people in attempts to capture the ROH World Tag Team Championship. Cole came closest alongside O'Reilly. Cole began competing with new ROH World Heavyweight Champion Eddie Edwards, signalling a singles run in ROH.

[YOUTUBE]v5UC3Y6vL2I[/YOUTUBE]

Cole has appeared on many big iPPVs throughout 2011 so far, competing with Kyle O'Reilly at Dragon Gate's USA Enter The Dragon, appearing on Final Battle in the opening spot and won CZW's Battle of The Best X tournament. Cole has also recieved praise from Wrestling Observer, winning the award of Rookie of The Year 2010. Cole cites his inspiration as Shawn Michaels, and in a coincidence Dave Meltzer has compared Cole to a young Shawn Michaels.

What's your impression of Adam Cole?

(If you watched the videos)Does he remind you of a young Shawn Michaels?

What would be your reaction if Cole were to be signed by WWE?

I don’t really follow indy wrestling, nor do I care for it much, but I’d be stupid to deny the quality of the talent that comes out of promotions like CZW and ROH, this Cole kid being a perfect example.

He’s obviously talented in the ring, but what I believe separates him from many other indy talents is that he’s fairly new to the business (meaning WWE wouldn’t have to struggle so much in getting him to adapt to their style of wrestling) and he’s a decent talker (I looked up a promo of his: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3jhPFHxWBk)

That being said, I’d be shocked to see Cole on WWE TV. I can’t see his style of wrestling being appreciated by the likes of McMahon who obviously favours larger, muscular wrestlers; and he’s not established enough for McMahon to want him regardless.

As for the Shawn Michaels thing…I can see how some people would see similarities. Personally, I rarely compare wrestlers (especially ones whose careers started two decades apart) and I haven’t seen enough of this Cole guy to give him such a compliment. He’s entertaining though, and he definitely has potential.

By the way, I really enjoy this series. I doubt that means much, but keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back