• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Possibly, the best Raw this year?

Maddog Lionheart

Best Sig In The World......
Okay, I can't really think of a Raw this year that was better than last night's one. First of all, it had almost everything you would want in a show. Great promos, Controversy, Shock & Awe, Fun Matches, OMG moments, Divas (well, that match wasn't that great......but still), and suspense. My question for you has to be.......

HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU TOP THIS RAW?
What do you WANT to see happen next week?
Has CM Punk made himself possibly one of the best showman alive?

Also, one more question,
Why was CM Punk wearing a Stone Cold Steve Austin T-Shirt?

Let me feel what you feel.......

Well if you ignore the first hour and 15 minutes of the show then yeah it's the best Raw this year but if you include the first hour and 15 then the show was good but not the best this year in my opinion the RAW we had 2 weeks ago with Austin as guest host, Punk, Truth and Austin were all great that night and it made for a very enjoyable 3 hours but this past Raw maybe comes in 2'nd unless soembody can remind me of a better one?

The question mark on the wheel was the dumbest thing i've ever seen. Isn't the whole point of the wheel that you don't know whats going to happen? Why put a mystery on a mystery?? And then it means you fight Kane? Who cares? He's just somebody on the roster. My friends and I were laughing the entire time thinking of how funny it would be if the question mark popped up every time and Kane just had to keep coming out looking more and more exhausted. Can you imagine him choke slamming the Bellas and Kelly Kelly?? Would have been hilarious. Too bad the wheel is fixed.

Besides that intro, I loved every second of Raw (with the exception of the Divas match). Best Raw i've seen in a long long time. It's always great to see Cena lose a match also. An actual good cage match, an AWESOME tornado tag match (when was the last time we saw one of those??), and Punks promo. Need I say more?

Uh, yeah, Punk's promo doesn't make it the best Raw ever or in a long time.. his promo was awesome.. but the show wasn't that great.. I was literally surprised though when R-Truth won the tables match, of course with help from Punk, but it was still great.. other than that and Punk's promo, I thought Raw was pretty lame

Raw was good but certainly not one of the best. The HBK and CM Punk bit was quite boring as was the diva's match (as usual) but apart from that i enjoyed everything else. I loved the tornado tag match, loved how Cena lost a match, Ziggler v Kofi was really good (Dolpht putting on a good match as always), Cara v Bourne was impressive but i expected more and of course Punks awesome promo. Best promo iv heard in ages. Because of Punk i carnt wait to see what happens next week on Raw.

CM Punk is a legend !!

You must be kidding...
If it wasn't for Evan Bourne and Sin Cara, the show was almost a CP rematch show.
It was a normal show with an enormous ending, still not the best.
I'm a blue guy, so I think that every SmackDown show is better :p

But the Raw with SCSA as guest host was pretty awesome in my opinion x)

That promo single handed-ly made it ONE of the best Raws this year but there were better ones considering it looked like most matches were fixed.

(p.s. was anyone else hoping that for the divas match Booker T edged the wheel to pillow fight x])

I must say, I enjoyed RAW last night; way more than the other themed episodes. The matches were great, Booker T made me laugh, we saw DDP, and who could forget Punk breaking the fourth wall? This may have been the best RAW this year. Everything from matches to promos, to backstage moments were executed to perfection. The Capitol Punishment rematches were way better than they were on the ppv. Although CM Punk created 90% of RAW's buzz, I actually want to see RAW next week, and I haven't felt like that in months(with me being a Smackdown! guy and all).

I thought it was one of the best Raw's in a while. Sin Cara vs Bourne was great, the tag team match was very entertaining and even the tornado match was exciting. Then to top it off you had Truth spear Cena through a table who sold it perfectly and CM Punk deliver one of the best promos ever (IMO). All in all a very good and entertaining Raw.

Quite honestly most of the time I don't even watch Raw or when I do I flip back and forth so much because it's just so boring. Last night's Raw was the first time in as long as I can remember where I watched the entire show.

Right now, I will firmly stand to believe that April 18th episode of Raw was the best this year so far. R-Truth making an epic ass heel turn and the fact that WWE has not dropped the ball on Truth since then is just another reason to like it. I mean sure, Truth may have lost at CP but the guy is easily my number one choice to win Money In the Bank.

The promo aside, I still enjoyed most of Raw. The Tornado Tag match was really good in my opinion, those guys were simply trying to steal the show. Bourne/Sin Cara was good, but you could tell there was a little hesitation on both performers' parts, trying to avoid a mistake. The cage match, especially when Henry demolished the cage and Big Show with it, was nice. The match with Kane and Punk was alright, but nothing great. Overall, minus the end of the show promo, I give it a solid B. The Divas 2 minute match sucked, but then I'm not a Kelly Kelly/Bella Twins fan. Neither impresses me. And Cena's match was a setup for Punk's promo. Extend the Diva's match to 5 minutes with some actual wrestling, and make Cena's match with R-Truth a for-real match, not a time killer and you have a solid A in my book.

I thought last nights Raw dropped all intensity after the first 20 minutes. Raw started with HBK which was great for me personally as i'm just HBK nut! But i really loved the first part with Punk and Shawn taking shots at each other. After that did anything really happen? Evan Bourne and Sin Cara had a entertaining match and Mark Henry did something that didn't send me to sleep for once. But why was HBK there, i'm a massive hbk fan but was he really there just to promote his new tv show? R - truth and Cena's match i just had to skip through - (i record raw) not because it was boring but i just can't stand R - truth and his little Jimmy crap. And then there was Cm Punk's promo, i really wasn't surprised at the reaction it has gotten on the internet, i've been a Punk fan for years and was so thrilled that he has shown everyone how he is the most talented peformer in all of wrestling. I'm more of a wwe fan to a tna fan but i do watch tna on a weekly basis, i hope Punk doesn't leave wwe and go back to tna but i don't think the wwe deserves him. I've felt for a long time that punk's talented was being wasted, hopefully for punk's sake he tells the wwe where to stick it. Overall raw above average but not the best.

It was thge best raw of the year and i know just the 1 promo by punk dosent make it the best but it definitly helped.they had good promos matches and the best promo i have ever seen on wwe.the bourne vs sin cara was match was good butnot as good as expected and they had good tag team action such as the tornado tag match but the best raw of the year.

Last night's Raw was a really good show but, from an overall perspective, I don't think it was the best of the year. There was some good wrestling content on the show last night, though there've been Raws in 2011 with better overall wrestling matches. What ultimately put Raw over the top last night was CM Punk's promo. It took what was otherwise a very solid 2 hour show and turned it into what might possibly the the single most talked about topic of the year, even more than anything concerning The Rock, John Cena or The Miz.

As far as next week's Raw goes, it's been said that Punk has been "suspended" according to WWE.com. I think if they want to keep this thing going, then the next logical step I think would be for Punk to be MIA from next week's Raw but for something big to still take place. Remember, John Cena lost a match last night because of CM Punk and Punk has been a general thorn in Cena's side for the past few weeks. With Punk "suspended", that means Cena can't get his hands on him at MITB. I fully expect John Cena to address the situation next Monday on Raw and, if done right, next week's Raw could be an amazing follow up to this story.

With his promo last night, CM Punk put himself on another level. I can't think of any remotely credible reason why CM Punk won't be a fixture in the main event scene if he ultimately is staying with WWE. Even if he's not, which would be just a real kick in the nuts I think because he's so damn good, then this angle will immediately shoot Punk into the main event picture of any other company out there. At least, that's where Punk would be if the brass at ROH, TNA or wherever has the slightest shred of common sense.

I couldn't tell you if it was the greatest Raw of the year or not. Firstly the year isn't over which means we can have something that tops it. However not everyone enjoys gimmick matches. So from that perspective it could have been weak as the wrestling was sub par and rather focused upon the gimmicks of eah mactch (which wasn't that bad at all.) However personally I feel that there have been better Raws of the year, not necessarily promos but Raws as a whole.

Dunno if i'd call it the best, but it was definitely up there.

There were some great (imo) matches, the Tornado tag in particular, what a great match that was, those 4 put on a hell of a show.

Then you have Big Show going through the cage, that was pretty cool and unexpected.

Cena getting destroyed through the table and selling it brilliantly throughout Punks promo, and then you have the promo itself.

Overall, a very very good RAW imo.

Definitely one of the best, the best part of the night was obviously Punk's promo, second has to be the tornado tag match - been SO long since I have seen one of them and those 4 put on a brilliant show for the crowd! Big show going through the cage was awesome aswell.

WWE has definitely stepped their game up since WM27. Raw is starting to get interesting again, and while not every week is great, they are having more and more good shows rather than crap ones. So glad to see WWE becoming exciting again.

I wouldn't call it the best Raw in this year just based on the last CM Punk promo but every bit of his along with the R-Truth and Cena match made the show a pretty good one. While we speak, there have certainly many better Raws this year such as the ones surrounding Wrestlemania 27 and the one before Elimination Chamber with The Rock's EPIC comeback!

Raw had a great start and a great finish. But people aren't talking about the great tornado tag match...one of the best we've seen in awhile. Big Show-ADR ending was great...and so were some of the back stages clips.

Great night all around...but obviously Punk stole the show.

I think it's a serious candidate.

We had good matches (Bourne/Cara), storyline advancement, a neat spot, and a groundbreaking worked shoot. The promo alone gives this show intense merit. It was a fun show, overall, and one I enjoyed. I think this could be the show of the year.

HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU TOP THIS RAW?
Well, I can't say it was the best Raw ever, because it wasn't. However, I can say that it was much better than the previous back-to-back 3 hour Raw's.

What do you WANT to see happen next week?
Next week's Raw is taped after this week's Raw ended airing

Has CM Punk made himself possibly one of the best showman alive?
I can't really say

Why was CM Punk wearing a Stone Cold Steve Austin T-Shirt?
I have no clue. WWE never explained it and according to Stone Cold from his Twitter account, he said that he doesn't know why Punk was wearing that shirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back